Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 halllllloooooooo ... from toleeeeeedo!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic halllllloooooooo ... from toleeeeeedo! Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  09:57:26 AM  Show Profile
good morning farm chicks! goodness ... life has been a fun whirlwind the last few weeks here in toledo with the 'chilluns'. i surely know why god takes our uteruses (or is that utereri?) when we get too dang olde to keep up with the energy level of small children! i've actually managed to keep up .. but i think i'd collapse in a heap if i had to do this forever! these young'uns do keep us young a heart! i've been having such a wonderful time with lucas (5 years old) ... we love to read 'chapter' books together and play board games ... and of course ... go to the toy store! he now knows that "grammie doesn't "DO" plastic! .. i steer him toward games, puzzles and books. what a LOVE he is .. i have not seen him cranky or misbehave since visiting! he is truly a good little kid .. a mother's dream-child! oh yes! he can rough and tumble with the best of the big boys .. but he is so kind-hearted! he LOVES playing chase and going on adventures. he adores his dad and has his heart-line connected to his mommy! and oh my .. he surely does love his little sister .. haven't seen any jealousy whatsoever towards her. just hugs and kisses and adoring looks. he snuggles her and talks to her a lot too. he knows that he is her 'forever protector .. her 'god-brother'.

AND .. yesterday, he came and snuggled up to me and asked me if i would live with them forever! melted my heart .. oh yessss!!!

little sofia catherine and i are bonding closely as grammie and grand-daughter. what a delight it is to watch each new little thing she does and discovers each day ... nine weeks olde and i SWEAR she is talking to us! o.k. .. maybe only SHE knows the exact words she is saying .. but her heart's meaning is very clear .. she smiles and coos .. and says GA (my name!!) and H-I-I-I (hi) ... she has learned to turn over (with a teensy help from gravity and a teensy 'nudge' from grammie!) we decided to stop that little trick for fear she might turn over and get her little nose buried in the covers! she can 'scoot' several inches .. both up and down! and she is a good natured little thing (UNLESS she is POWERFUL HUNGRY) .. in which case .. she 'sets to wailing' .. until she is fed! she adores a car ride .. and is such a 'shopper'!!!!

i have been having grande fun 'decorating' wednesday and frank's home .. will post some pictures to my 'kentucky ramblers' when i return home.

frank went down to do some overnight backpacking with my honey hunk and they are driving back to toledo tomorrow ... we'll celebrate thanksgiving and then it will tear my heart apart to leave these chilluns to head back home. but i am excited about getting back to my kentucky life!

well, i'm offa' here .. sofia and i are heading for a late lunch with her mom and then to look for curtains!

be chatting and catching up with ya'll soon! xoxo, frannie

p.s. if i don't get back on here before thursday .. have a blessed thanksgiving with loved ones. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Nov 20 2006 10:02:03 AM

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  10:18:57 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Happy thanksgiving I hop eyou have a nice one take care Sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  10:41:08 AM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Miz Frannie! So nice to have you chime in here today..have missed you.
Glad to see that you are having a great time with your family.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  11:09:32 AM  Show Profile
Been a missin' you, Frannie! Glad you're having a big time with your sweet family!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
Go to Top of Page

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  1:42:15 PM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Thanksgiving Frannie,
Im glad you are having a blast. Enjoy those youngins while you can. Look forward to you being back on full time...sure do miss ya.

"May all of your farm girl dreams come true...as mine has"

http://shallowcreekfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  1:47:18 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear your entire gange is doing well. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Have a safe trip home.
Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  8:21:16 PM  Show Profile
'Wondered where you were! It sounds like those are some lucky little ones to have their "grammie" staying with them for a while. What fun for all!

And a Happy Thanksgiving, to you....

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  09:32:09 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Hey there Frannie- nice to hear all your days are filled with such delight.

We miss you here on the forum but know you are gathering more wonderous tales of your adventures. Want to plan a farmgirl road trip this spring and you are on my list. Will send an email with details soon.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving- talk to ya soon.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

www.blissnblossomfarm.com

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Nov 22 2006 09:32:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  10:32:03 AM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie,
You've been sorely missed Frannie! It's great to hear you are having such a "grand" time! How lucky those babes are to have such a wonderful Grammie-and you to have them of course! Have a lovely Thanksgiving with your family & we will all be looking forward to seeing you around here more often!
Blessings,
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic halllllloooooooo ... from toleeeeeedo! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page