Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Up early and I have the day off!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Up early and I have the day off! Next Topic  

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  05:33:42 AM  Show Profile
No school today!!! This is the first year we have gotten wednesday off too! I woke up at 6:00 though and couldn't fall back asleep. My turkey (24 lbs) is still frozen after being in the fridge since last friday so it is now taking a cold bath in the bathtub (didn't fit in the sink!) Hopefully it will thaw! I have a pie in the oven, a load of laundry in the dryer and another in the wash and I've done some work on my big project that is due next Tuesday for my grad class. I'm about to start my cranberry sauce and will pre cook my corn souflee when the pie finishes. It's only 7:30 AM!!

Richie and I bought a new bed comforter/sheet set so I plan on converting the old comforter into some doggie beds today to put in our dog houses. Of course they (at least Thunder) will pull them out and chew them to pieces with in and hour and them I will spend the next week picking up fiberfil from the yard! But it's the thought that counts right!

The principal at my school (who also happens to be my mother-in-law) asked me to make up some Jewelry and put it in the Teachers lounge to sell! I had never thought about doing this before! So my project this weekend it to make a few new pieces and price them to put out!

Well I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! Eat too much and have fun! I know I will!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  05:40:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Julie,
Isn't working at a school wonderful! I work at our school and have today off also. I didn't sleep in either, my dog sees no reason not to get up at HER regular time!
Sounds like you are having Thanksgiving at your house! How fun. My family is heading off to Grandma's early tomorrow. I will be making a pumpkin roll, my son is making a chocolate peanut butter dessert and that will be that.
So I will clean today...because it needs it!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com

Edited by - Beemoosie on Nov 22 2006 06:44:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  05:44:14 AM  Show Profile
Julie---Step away from the coffee! Put down that cup! How many did you have this morning?!!! On a good day I don't get that much done, your GOOD! Sounds like you have the situation well in hand and are on your way to a great holiday weekend. Hope that turkey finally thaws, we had one like that, it took 4 days in the fridge before we could cook it!
How is it having your MIL as your boss?! Oh I couldn't do that!But you have not met my MIL!!! I love her, but work for her...oh no no no....! BIG FUN? I think not!
Good luck with your jewelry, that was a great idea of hers, hope you sell out! You have beautiful stuff!
Happy Thanksgiving!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  06:39:49 AM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving Julie! I love getting up early - I get so much done before the rest of the family (hubby and pet-children) rolls out of bed and I love having the place to myself.

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  06:41:13 AM  Show Profile
Bramble would you believe it if I said I don't drink coffee????? No caffine for me or I would NEVER sleep!!!

Thanksgiving is at my house and it will just be me, Richie and MIL! I'm making a 23 lb turkey cause I figure if I have to go to all the work I might as well make it worth it. I love turkey pot pie. It is my favorite dish so all the leftovers will be made into pot pie mix and frozen for use over the next few months!

Kathy (MIL) and I are both in the same district. We have a K-12 district which is all on the same campus (only 500 or so students total). Kathy is the PK-4 principal and I am the k-12 art teacher so I actually report to the High School Principal who is of no relation. When I taught kindergarten and 2nd grade Kathy was my principal but school rules prevent her from being my "boss" so all of my observations and stuff were through the Middle School principal. Confusing I know!!!

I actually don't mind working with her. She is really cool. What bugs be the most is that our houses are like 150 yards apart and I cant ever seem to get away! I actually see her less at school than I do at home! Growing up all our extended family always lived a few hours away. My parents and sister live 12 and 6 hours away from me now. Richie grew up with all his family living on this property. The name of our road is our last name! So that has been an adjustment for me!

Anyway I've rambled on!

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  07:13:58 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Julie! A 23-pounder for three people! We have four coming -- husband, son, bil and me -- and I got an 8-lb free-range turkey breast. (Can you imagine a turkey breast hopping along free range??) We'll have tons left over. So I'm going to copy your potpie idea -- do you make and freeze the 'innards' of the pie and put into a crust after taking it out later?
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  11:06:17 AM  Show Profile
Yup! I mix up the gravy, veggies and turkey and freeze in bags. The night before I want to make it I stick a bag in the fridge to thaw. (if it doesn't thaw all the way run under warm water for a few minutes) and when I get home I make a fresh crust and then add the innards put on a top crust and bake til it's done! YUM!

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Up early and I have the day off! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page