Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Wahhh!! That was supposed to be MY farm!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Wahhh!! That was supposed to be MY farm! Next Topic  

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  07:50:28 AM  Show Profile
If you remember a few weeks back I posted about a run down farm I wanted to buy but that my hubby was dragging his feet due to the amount of work it needed. But I could only see the great potential! Anyway, we had agreed if it was still there after the 1st of the year we would make an offer on it. Well it just sold! I am so sad. In my mind I had already remodeled it and redecorated it! LOL! I know if God closes one door He opens another, but in the meantime it hurts when the door swings shut on you!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  08:00:39 AM  Show Profile
Aw, too bad. But as you said 'one door opens another'. My husband was a foot dragger too. I always told him that if God called and said you got 5 minutes to me me at the corner because the world was ending--my husband would say 'I have to have another cup of coffee and think about it'. He'd a missed the bus. We missed out on a few places because he couldn't see the potential but as I look back it seems he was mostly right. I think we women tend to think with our hearts. Which is a good thing.

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  08:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,

If it wasn't meant to happen, I bet you'll find an even better one soon!!

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  09:20:58 AM  Show Profile
Hugs to you, Brenda. I am sure you are feeling 'lower than a worm's wallet' as an old yarn goes.... Your positive outlook on life will serve you well in house hunting and the other avenues in life we wander along. One day you will be so happy with a dream home that this will be only a vague memory of a momentary disappointment. Onward and upward! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  09:57:45 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Girls! I am not normally a whiner, but for some reason I had already claimed this one with my heart! But I've already been looking and have seen a couple new ones come on the market, so who knows. God has the picture in mind already, I just got to get out of the way! Sorry I got whiney!! Now time to dust myself off and move on!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  10:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Maybe the next won't be such a fixer upper and be closer to what you and your husband both want that way it wont slip away.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  10:48:23 AM  Show Profile
ohhhh....how disappointing. It's too bad this one is gone but just think - you're now a step closer to the right farm!

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  2:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Brenda, so sorry. Everything happens for a reason...and maybe there is another one that will show itself to you. HUGS to you!

-Simple pleasures make my heart smile-
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  2:30:50 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, Sorry that you are disappointed. A farm WILL happen for you! In the meantime, I leave you with one of my grandma's sayings. She'd say these words in times like this...when something you could already taste would slip through your fingers. She'd say, "I'd rather want something and not get it, then get that something and wind up not wanting it." Yeah, me too.

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  5:55:48 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
I know how disappointed you must be about this - but I'm so sure it will happen for you that I know in my heart there must be an even better farm for you that will appear soon. Meanwhile, keep on dreaming (I'm trying to as well!!)
Best wishes and lots of farmgirl hugs,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Anastasia
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Anastasia
Telkwa BC
Canada
56 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  2:10:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda,

It can be heart-breaking, I know, but keep looking. Something better WILL come along, although that may be tough to see right now. Good luck...

Hugs,
Anastasia :)

"Speciality is for insects." -Robert Heinlen
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  7:48:00 PM  Show Profile
Rebekah, I just love your grandmother's saying - that she'd "rather want something and not get it, then get that something and wind up not wanting it." And who knows, Brenda - this could just free your mind up to see the possibilities in other farms that you might not have looked at otherwise. ...Sending great farm-searching "vibes" your way!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  9:22:41 PM  Show Profile
brenda gurlfren .. so sorry to hear you 'seem' to have missed your dreamhome ... but oh yes .. the PERFECT one is waiting for you right around a corner! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  06:15:54 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, I am you right now too! We were actually in attorney review for my dream farm but found out due to zoning we could not build a new barn that was necessary for farm equipment. We talked to the temporary zoning officer (township was between zoning officers) about it and he discovered the current owners had been turned down twice so stuck with that view. The place was all the money we had so we decided to pull out as it didn't make sense to buy a place that we couldn't make what we wanted it. That was the hardest decision I have ever had to make. In the mean time the realtor spoke with the planning board pres. who said wait for next week to speak to the new zoning officer. I waited, spoke to and he said he didn't feel it was a problem to build the new barn. Raced back to the attorney to re-open only to find out the sellers had just accepted another offer. All this happened within a week. I am devestated!!!!!! I, like you, had the whole place redecorated. Now I feel guilty for hoping that the other people don't get their mortgage. I shouldn't be hoping someone elses dream doesn't come true but I can't help it. Will we get over this? I hope so. Wish you lived closer so we could at least hug each other. This will have to do ((((((HUGS)))))).
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  07:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
dear brenda....It will work out and you know it. I went through a similar experience with a house...I wanted it for a music studio it came with a baby grand!!!!!!!!!!! but ce la vie I could not get it in time. I drive past it everynight and think phooey that should be MINE! In the meantime I drive by a beautiful farm and think hmmm maybe someday...for those that read my spiel about barns and country life it's just a stone throw from town and theres houses around hehe. HUGS TO YOU BRENDA:) chin up dearie

"... to thine ownself be true."
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  11:22:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Brenda AND Kelly! (((HUGS))) to you both! I just KNOW there's something even more perfect out there for you...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  5:12:16 PM  Show Profile
yours WILL happen, that one wasnt right. Don't get discouraged.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2006 :  3:55:54 PM  Show Profile
Thanks gals, I needed to hear that from my best buddies. Am bidding on a place in an auction on Friday, wish me luck!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

lambgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Heidi
Ellensburg wa
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  5:14:26 PM  Show Profile
Goodluck Kelly,

I know what is like to not get the first one you set your heart on.But we found a great house with some land (not a lot but enough for now)which we love. Let us know how it goes.

Keeping you in my farm prayers.
Heidi

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Wahhh!! That was supposed to be MY farm! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page