Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic West Virginia Farm Girls ? Next Topic  

ILoveBaskets14
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Stefanie
Cross Lanes WV
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  7:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ILoveBaskets14's MSN Messenger address
Is there any WV farm girls out there? Or any in neighboring states?

Baskets of Blessings.

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  7:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Stefanie. I originate from WV, but have taken up farmgirlin in Maine. You'll have to make me an honorary long distance cousin. I wish you luck...Surely there have to be some

-Simple pleasures make my heart smile-
Go to Top of Page

momof2jrt
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Denise
grafton wv
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  12:32:16 PM  Show Profile
I am in West Virginia...I am new to the group...
Go to Top of Page

ILoveBaskets14
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Stefanie
Cross Lanes WV
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  1:20:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ILoveBaskets14's MSN Messenger address
Densie how far are you from Charleston ? Birdi where did you live ?

Baskets of Blessings.
Go to Top of Page

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  1:39:39 PM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
Stefanie,
I am in Weston. Im only about an hour from you...if that. And I am only about 40 min from Denise.

"May all of your farm girl dreams come true...as mine has"

http://shallowcreekfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  2:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I was in Davis for 10 years...and then moved to Petersburg and Keyser. I called WV home for many years. I still miss the mountains and the snow. We don't get near as much snow here as they did on the mountains in Tucker county....OK, yes, I am homesick from time to time...lol

Go to Top of Page

ILoveBaskets14
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Stefanie
Cross Lanes WV
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  4:55:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ILoveBaskets14's MSN Messenger address
Well girls I'm trying to start a WV Farm Girl chapter. I looked up any in WV to join one and there was none in the state. So here I am. Help me and join in with me it should be lots of fun. I would so love to share recipes, crafts, storys and lots more.

Baskets of Blessings.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  04:48:44 AM  Show Profile
My son lives in Petersburg, I love it there!!! Just so beautiful!!!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
And my new food blog at: www.homesteadblogger.com/gardencafe
Go to Top of Page

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  2:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Wow, really?? Maybe I know him...not that big a place. And if he ever had anything to do with the poultry plant that was there....it's a good possibility. Small world, isn't it?

Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  6:58:54 PM  Show Profile
I do not live in WV, but recently traveled through there...my oh my what beautiful country! I fell in love with it. We were on a whirldwind trip through parts of the east coast. We drove from Williamsburg to Schuyler to see the Walton's Mountain museum. It took all day as we got lost a few times, and stopped to take some pictures of the plantations along the way. So we got there too late to see the museum. So we drove to Charlottesville to spend the night. We went back the next day after going to Straunton to see the Village there. Loved that! Loved the museum too, it was not as I expected, but still quaint. Met some people there as it was voting day. A lady took us over to see the church the Walton's (Hamner's) had attended. It had just been redone and the ceiling was all wood and so pretty. This lady and another one gave me there addresses to write to them. I felt right at home there, as if I had lived there all of my life. I loved it. If I could stand the humidity there I would be so tempted to make my honey move me there. The house the Hamner family lived in was right there too. Somewhat similar to the one we see on the show.
The museum is in the old school building, which seems to double as a community center.
Anyway, wanted to let you gals know you are fortunate.
I do love Idaho as it has it's own beauty..evergreens in our area. But really enjoyed being somewhere different and seeing the beauty of our country.

Pamela

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2006 :  11:40:54 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
I used to live in WV! We lived in Milton. I miss the Fall colors, that's for sure!

Katee

A life without love is like a year without summer.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic West Virginia Farm Girls ? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page