katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  7:42:41 PM  Show Profile
AM I the only wackadoodle who,,, by Summers end am wishing for Autumn so I can stop working in my garden... then come Winter, I sit perusing through several Seed & Garden catalogs, wishing it were Summer...
LOL!

Happiness is having dirt under your nails....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  8:55:56 PM  Show Profile
You're not alone! By summer's end I've had it with the mosquitoes and can't wait for it to get cool. And--I admit it--by September I'm tired of tomatoes! I look forward to the cool weather crops.then when it turns cold I just want to ignore the garden. Then the new year comes and with it seed catalogs and new dreams....it never ends.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  07:00:58 AM  Show Profile
I'm the same way. Just as each season is coming go a close I am super excited for the next one to begin. We have another polar vortex coming through here and all I can do is look at the sun and snow and dream about gardening.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6944 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6944 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  07:10:40 AM  Show Profile
I am always ready for the summer to end. As I plan my gardens I am looking forward to spring and maybe the early part of June. But July & August are something I get through, not to look forward to.

Though winter is one of my favorite seasons I do look forward to my gardens blooming in the spring.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16393 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16393 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  08:42:32 AM  Show Profile
I love all the seasons but spring has always put more spring in my step. It's like a new lease on life. Definitely garden catalogs speak the coming renewal. Given our climate, late August/September is when my gardens come on big time so I love eating nothin' but what the garden gives me. I walk around nibbling all day long. I'm lucky though. I only rarely see or hear a mosquito.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  09:12:53 AM  Show Profile
I prefer thinking of it as healthy anticipation of the future! I love all the seasons in their own way. I love the beauty of the snow but as far as -7 degrees?? Not so much.

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

PinkCsmtlgy
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Brandi
Martinsburg Pennsylvania
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  10:04:37 AM  Show Profile
I'm the same way. I got a seed catalog the other day and now I'm thinking of what to plant this year.

Brandi #5966
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  2:17:07 PM  Show Profile
I'm doing the same thing. I love all the seasons of the year and savor each one. In the winter I am excitedly looking over seed catalogs, The Old Farmer's Almanac and other gardening materials, not to mention playing in the snow with the littles! In the spring, I'm playing in the mud with my littles, planting and so excited when "the first" of everything for the year happens. The first lilac bloom, the first leaf, the first dandelion, etc. In summer, its savoring time spent outdoors with the family hiking, exploring, camping, visiting, gardening, cherry picking, juneberry pickin', having coffee made outdoors over a fire at home, the list could go on. In the Fall/Autumn, it gets even busier, harvesting, putting up, and so much more. Oh, what's not to love about gardening, the outdoors and the seasons. It just makes my heart smile thinking of all the fun things related to the outdoors, especially gardening and foraging! Now I need to go make myself a salad:)

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  3:09:28 PM  Show Profile
LOL! Nope! You are DEFINITELY not alone, Grace! My catalogs started trickling in in October, and I have already started planning my garden and food storage plan for spring! I just have to remember not to order every exciting thing I see! :) And every day I peek out my back door window, press my nose against the glass, and look at those lovely, sleeping, wood-chip covered beds - kind of like Clark Griswold in "Christmas Vacation," only not quite so creepily - and imagine what my future garden will look like in each of its stages! LOL! What can I say? Once you get into the garden, you can't help it - the garden gets into you! :)

Happy planning, girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  6:02:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini, I love your analogy of Clark Griswold & the Window! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  3:26:40 PM  Show Profile
Honestly, Grace? I think I scare the neighbors... LOL! ;)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  10:23:23 PM  Show Profile
Nini. You Go Girl! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  06:31:07 AM  Show Profile
I say 'ditto' to everything all y'all have said.

The anticipation for Spring gardening is agonizing. Down here in south Texas, we can usually start planting/transplanting after Valentine's Day. That's a little over a month away and my hands are itching to get into the dirt!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Is it Only Me??? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page