Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5119 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5119 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  1:27:24 PM  Show Profile
These came in the mail yesterday! So while I am all bundled up by the fire, I'm dreaming of digging in the Dirt!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6944 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6944 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  1:40:18 PM  Show Profile
Connie, sometimes I think I do my best gardening in my rocker with my garden catalogs. One thing about dreams there aren't any weeds or pests.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16393 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16393 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  1:54:57 PM  Show Profile
Isn't that the honest truth Sara, no weeds, no pests. Next year will always be better. Enjoy your dream "books" Connie.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  4:58:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm with all y'all! LLOOOOOVVVVEEEEE reading everything in these catalogs and slowly turning the pages savoring them like a dense piece of chocolate.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  5:06:36 PM  Show Profile
Yep... Its all good til it hits 99 degrees and the bugs are eating better than I am!!!! But I will still plant it and do what I can to help it grow. This year it will be about 4 times larger......hunting for jars already!!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  7:23:51 PM  Show Profile
I've gotten two so far. I loved looking through them and have started planning where to put everything. Putting up new raised beds this year. So excited!!!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5119 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5119 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  08:17:03 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Mary Jane. LOL! Sara! but so true! Me too Ro Donna, and it helps keep Hope alive thru the dismal Winter, when the trees are bare and the skies are Dark and Gray a lot! and I keep looking for the next one in the Mail, Like Christmas Cards! LOL!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5119 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5119 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  08:19:58 AM  Show Profile
Daizy, same here, I'm going a little larger too. I learned a lot last year about what did well, and what did not do well, and what needs to be moved.

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5119 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5119 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  12:02:10 PM  Show Profile
Mail came today!! Now to find time to sit down and read them! LOL!!I bought some Bush Sunflower seeds from The territorial Seed Company last year and they were beautiful! They only got 2 feet tall and had dozens of blooms on them!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6944 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6944 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  12:36:03 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I got my Territorial too. It's a good source of info. It gives the number of seeds per wt. for each type of seed. Most catalogs don't do that. I will refer to it when I have questions on how many seeds per pkg. from other catalogs.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

etcharb
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Eileen
Holden MA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2015 :  7:43:03 PM  Show Profile
I spent all last spring, summer and fall working on converting my suburban lawn into garden plots. This year was all about killing grass, improving soil, creating hugekultur mounds, and trying to understand the concept of permaculture. (See my blog at www.healthyfoodhealthyyard.com)

Now that winter has come, I get a break from the physical labor and start the planning for the spring planting phase. The High Mowing Seed Catalog showed up a while ago. I'm looking forward to a cup of black cherry tea and a snowy day to curl up on the couch with my catalog and prepare my seed order. We tend to get a good long winter up here in New England, so there should be plenty of opportunities.

Besides veggies, I want to add some berry bushes and a few more fruit trees this spring. Ah...the dreaming begins!

Eileen Charbonneau
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  08:31:44 AM  Show Profile
Daizy, my Grandma used to say: 1/3 of the garden was to eat, 1/3 of the garden was for canning, and the last 1/3rd was for the insects and birds, that way everyone was well fed and happy...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

etcharb
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Eileen
Holden MA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  08:47:08 AM  Show Profile
It sounds as though your Grandma was both smart and generous!

Before she moved to Florida, my sister used to have several blueberry bushes in her yard. She would net most of them, but she always left a few without netting so that the birds could enjoy them. When I add the blueberry bushes to my yard, I plan to do the same.

Eileen Charbonneau
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  6:39:29 PM  Show Profile
Eileen, yes she was, nobody went hungry, even the hobos and gypsys knew they could get great meals for an honest days work...

my late hubby would tell the kids to hide mamas seed catalogs, cause I would eat, sleep and drink them (this was a standing joke between us all), besides touching my seed catalogs was a hanging offence,lol...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Dream Books for the Winter! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page