Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 "complete your UFOs in 2015"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic "complete your UFOs in 2015" Next Topic
Page: of 17

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2015 :  5:24:06 PM  Show Profile
Awesome wood carving skills, Theresa! I love to pick up different wooden spoons here and there. I have a few deep bowled spoons. (and I use them) None are carved though.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  10:10:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone. I really love carving. I was inspired to carve spoons because the ones you buy are all shallow. I love a deeper bowl on mine. I have about 7 more to make for family (per request) then I hope to make a bunch for me. I did pick up a block of wood to carve a quail. I love to watch those little birds when I'm out west. We shall see how that goes.
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  9:59:53 PM  Show Profile
Yay more UFO's for 2016!!! I do like to see what everyone is working on and getting motivated to complete things. Grace, I know it is fun to work on new projects too!!
its so confusing some times!

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  11:26:06 AM  Show Profile
Finished a couple of UFO's today. Had two fanny packs that needed repaired for some time now.... Done!! Repaired and ready to wear.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  1:00:21 PM  Show Profile
I believe the prize for the person who gets the most UFOs done should be a random UFO from someone else. KIDDING!!!! KIDDING!!!!! KIDDING!!!!

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  3:14:51 PM  Show Profile
Finished my binding on a quilt that has been YEARS in the making. It's a Geneaology handprint quilt for my son and DIL -/ every time it was near done, someone announced a new baby on the way.
Picture is not great, but I'll try to post. It's a King size

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  4:35:24 PM  Show Profile
Ok,,, as I am wiping up the tea that I spewed from my nostrils after reading Marie's comment,,, I first want to respond to Denise...
'I too luv the UFO post board... it encourages me to get my rear in gear'.... lol!

Theresa,,, you Go Girl! another UFO done and you still have 4 days left in 2015 to finish another one... lol! or come over to my house and feel free to finish up one of mine! lolol!

Mary, I LOVE your Geneology quilt!!! it is over the moon cute!

and last but not least,,, Marie, Marie, Marie... tisk tisk tisk... you need to think broader... "the one who finishes the most UFO's,,, get's one UFO from everyone on this thread! snork, giggle giggle!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 26 2015 4:37:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  5:10:57 PM  Show Profile
NNNNnnnnnnOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  7:53:53 PM  Show Profile
Marie... lololol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  10:58:56 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Hmmmmmm - I responded earlier, but it did not post. Ahh computers.

Denise - I agree - I've completed more proect since we have this post.
Mary - great genealogy quilt! I have at least 9 quilts that will be done when I add the binding. That's all that needs finishing on them.
Kat - you are so funny.
Marie - NNNNnnnnnnOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo! what??

I'm trying to decide whether to go to a quilt retreat in January - it's the end of the first week for 4 days. I'd get a lot done, but it is so soon after Christmas. And Ed's schedule is light so we may travel to someplace.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  02:23:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh you girls,such a hoot! I have a better idea, I will send the inner ALL of MY UNOs. Then there will be no more guilt trips for me and I'll be ahead of everyone with all my stuff done. Lol,lol, lol!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  02:24:57 AM  Show Profile
Mary, your quilt is fantastic! Congrats. On to something new!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  03:42:21 AM  Show Profile
Marie , bite your tongue girl. Don't need no more UFO's. The government is considering declaring my storage closet the new Area 51...

Do you know I have a quilt started from when my daughter was going to go on campus in 1993????

We visited her potential dorm and she was excited about getting a comforter like the other girls. I just put the quilt blocks away and never told her.

It looks like it's about 3/4 done. Dtr is 42,!!!! And grand daughter will be ready for college in 4 years.... Hmmmm???

Just saying...

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  03:52:35 AM  Show Profile
Great idea LInda.. I need a quilt retreat before April!!!

We go on a Casita travel trailer. (fiberglass RV) spring camp out in April. The local quilt store has a Longarm to rent. Maybe if I can get two quilts ready, then I can reserve a machine to get them quilted. Soo much cheaper than renting a person to do it.

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  08:45:38 AM  Show Profile
Most of my UFOs are mending and is pretty easy stuff. Problem is I have to move a significant number of boxes and baskets to get to the sewing machine. My sewing room is actually just part of the bedroom. I have been ordered to do laundry today so that will have to be done first. <sigh>

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  09:32:31 AM  Show Profile
Marie.. sometimes... laundry can be considered "UFO"... lol!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Dec 27 2015 10:45:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  09:38:03 AM  Show Profile
My DH is home today and tomorrow.. so I know I won't get anything done... but come Tuesday... if the Bridge don't fall and the River don't rise... I might actually be able to make/clear a path in my sewing room.. take inventory of my UFO's.. and maybe even get 1-2 more finished... oh that would be grand...and if not... wel then.. I am ahead of the game for my 2016 UFO list!!! Snork giggles...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  09:41:27 AM  Show Profile
And.. I just want to say Thank you to you fabulously kookie grand ladies for being/sharing in this malady called "UFO-itist"... let there never be a cure... 12-step program maybe... but never a cure! Lol!
Hugz and giggles

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  6:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Kat -

I really need someone to come to my house and spend a week and help me ORGANIZE my sewing room. I can find things there, but heaven only knows HOW! What I really need to arrange is my sewing space.

I have a sofa bed in the room and am not sure I want to keep it there. There are some stains/spots on the sofa (it is navy blue and the spots are white) and I don't know what they are. My son had the sofa at his house for a year or so and my DIL says it could be residue from whatever she used to clean it. I'd like to have something in there to sit in to knit or crochet or stitch, but maybe a couple of upholstered chairs would be more practical than a queen size sofa bed. My brother is the only one who has ever used it as a guest room. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  10:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Linda,, I totally hear ya... I would opt for a nice over stuffed comfy easy chair.... and a nice little side table to place your cup of tea and dish of cookies... :>)
plus that leaves you more room to stash you UFO's projects... lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  07:29:50 AM  Show Profile
First, I would want a room for my sewing. LOL I usually do my handcrafts on the couch in front of the TV but if the room was sunny and I had a radio and a nice rocking chair with a floor lamp and a tray table nearby, I may never leave.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  07:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
LOL Marie! I HAVE a sewing room, but I do my sewing/crafts at the dining room table. The reason? My sewing room is 15-20 yards AWAY from the main house, and in cold, wet, hot, rainy, etc. weather, I do not want to walk there, so it is easier to plan ahead (a little) and pile supplies in the dining room. Plus, since I purchased my little "farmstead" out here in the country, I feel isolated in the little separate house because I cannot see or hear anyone coming up the driveway. But if I get a new glass storm/screen door for the little house and get it organized maybe I will use it for what I want it to be.

Yes, Kat, I love over-stuffed chairs, but think I will get 2 - 1 for a guest. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  07:49:02 AM  Show Profile
My hubby gave me a gift for Christmas that is going to be a HUGE help for my UFOs... It is a stack of five tupperware like project boxes. My PLAN is to pick the five projects I will work on first, and put one in each box, along with the needed supplies... so all I will have to do is grab one and get to work. I am hoping this organization will help me to get more accomplished this year!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  08:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have a bunch of those boxes, Shannon, and I love them. I try to use them for the projects I want to get done first, but doesn't always work out that way. LOL! I can put project supplies together so when I get ready to start everything is there. I have a stack in the dining room.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  09:18:15 AM  Show Profile
Ahh... organizational skills... yep that's one of my "UFO's" lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic "complete your UFOs in 2015" Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page