beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2014 :  5:17:07 PM  Show Profile
My hair is blonde and very fine, and has lots of static. I keep seeing the ads on TV for Wen - has anybody tried this and would you recommend it? It's quite expensive, so I hate to buy something that I don't know anything about.

Thanks!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  06:09:32 AM  Show Profile
Luanne,

I have no experience using Wen, or even knew really what it was when I opened this post (we do not have a tv, so thankfully we get to avoid commercials as well), but wanting to help, I typed in Google "dangers of "Wen"," as with any product going on my body or in my system, I want to know what adverse affects it could have and what the ingredients are, as I have found many of the "normal" products have ingredients linked to cancer, or other illnesses, and are actually banned in other countries. If this is something you are concerned abut, I would recommend doing the same. Here are a couple websites I found....
https://almostexactlyblog.wordpress.com/tag/wen-toxic/
http://community.qvc.com/forums/wen/topic/305237/hair-loss-after-using-wen-products.aspx

Here is one where people who have used it have commented, with mixed results
http://www.mamapedia.com/article/wen-hair-care-products

Hope that helps a little :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  06:17:06 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Shannon!

I don't know why I never think of looking these things up on-line. Guess I just depend on my farmgirl friends to be in the know!!! Looks like I will definitely avoid this stuff - those darned commercials make everything sound good.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2873 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2873 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  08:56:09 AM  Show Profile
Luanne
I do use Wen, and buy from QVC. They are such a reliable company, and if you try it and don't like it, you can return, no questions asked.
DO NOT buy it from the infommercial. It locks you into a pain in the butt autoship.
It is pricy, but I always get when they have specials of a few bottles.
You MUST use it like he says. If you skimp, it will not work, and your hair will be limper.
My friend who has had scalp problems for years, uses it, and they have gone away.
Anyway, I would suggest going to QVC's website, and looking at the reviews there.
Most are quite positive, abut it does get some negative reviews too.
The beauty is the no questions asked return policy. They DO offer some autoship products, so just be sure to select the one time only option.
Here is a link
http://www.qvc.com/beauty/wen/_/N-rhtyZ1z141dz/c.html
THe winter vanilla mint is to die for.
I also like the pomegranate, the almond mint, and the tea tree.
I, too, have blonde fine hair. I like the way it makes my hair feel.
Anyway, good luck!

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  09:34:16 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Lisa !

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  11:10:35 AM  Show Profile
Luanne - GIRLS - I want to tell you all the wonders of Wen, BUT, after having used it for a few years (and LOVING it!), I suddenly started losing my hair - BIG TIME. They ran tests - it's not a hormonal hair loss, it's not my thyroid, it's not due to illness, doesn't seem to be due to common allergens... A friend who is a doctor asked what I used on my hair and when I told him Wen, he gasped, shook his head and told me to stop IMMEDIATELY. He explained why, but I really don't think I should go into it here online. Anyhow, I did a bit of research and found MANY women complaining about hair loss with the Wen products, INCLUDING an entire host of them on QVC: http://community.qvc.com/forums/wen/topic/305237/hair-loss-after-using-wen-products.aspx You can do an online search for "Wen hair loss" for many, many more. I called QVC immediately and they took back all my used and unused Wen products for a full refund, no questions asked. As a matter of fact, their customer service team sent my concern to QVC's Office of the President. A representative from that office called me personally to discuss the matter. She apologized profusely, assured me a full refund for the returned products, and asked me to contact them should I find I need medical attention. While it was comforting to have their understanding and get my money back, she seemed to not be surprised at all by my concerns. Since then, I am seeing some new hair growth in the bare patches of my scalp, but it is EXTREMELY slow coming, I am still experiencing hair loss, although not nearly as much as when I initially stopped using the product. (Remember hair loss is a natural occurrence everyone experiences. What happened to me FAR exceeded "normal" hair loss!) And believe me when I say, the areas that are bare are BARE. You can rub your finger on them and it squeaks! And when the wind blows? Eghads! It's chilly! It's UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE what has happened to my hair. It reminds me of a fungal infection our dog once had, to be honest. Until now, I always had a very healthy, thick and shiny mane . Now I'm just praying it will come back! A couple of my doctors have strongly urged me to see a dermatologist as soon as possible, so I will do that for sure. It's a frightening thing, truly. SO, having said all of that, I would tread very lightly when it comes to Wen products, okay? Like I said, I used it for a few years and loved it, but then >WHAM< I went from shiny hair to shiny head! :( Not cool. Not cool at all. Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 08 2014 11:17:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  11:17:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Nini - guess I'll just stick with my regular stuff !!!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  11:25:42 AM  Show Profile
Hmm... You know, I just realized that QVC link shows only the one complaint... When I did this search a couple months ago, there were TONS of them on there. I'm going to have to see if there is another link. If QVC removed the complaints, that is extremely disappointing. In any event, please don't just take my word for it - do that online search. You will be FLABBERGASTED! I just found that there is a class action lawsuit concerning Wen right now as well! Interesting... Class action lawsuit: http://www.classactionsnews.com/consumer/wen-cleansing-conditioner-hair-loss-class-action-lawsuit I just can't get over this!

I hate to be Debbie Downer about anything, Luanne - I'm so sorry. There just HAS to be a better way!

Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 08 2014 11:31:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  11:35:06 AM  Show Profile
Okay - this is the last post with links - I'm sorry. I just really feel this is super important. Here is another link to QVC complaints about Wen. It's not the one I mentioned earlier, but at least there are some posts still on their site: http://community.qvc.com/SearchResults/tabid/55/SearchTypeID/C41/TypeID/2/SearchTime/all/Default.aspx?SearchFilter=hair+loss

I am really upset. I had no idea there was a class action lawsuit. How on earth can they get away with selling this stuff knowing this is going on?!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  11:39:48 AM  Show Profile
Nini - I'm so glad you clued me in to this. Those TV ads all sound so good - it's amazing that they have gotten away with it for so long.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  3:56:31 PM  Show Profile
Glad to know about this Wen product. I have friends who use that stuff. I agree, those TV ads drive me up the wall.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2014 :  1:33:49 PM  Show Profile
Whoa, maybe I will hold off on the Wen as I'm experiencing some hair loss as it is... I'll try out the Yes to Carrots first!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  12:05:52 PM  Show Profile
I just had to chime in! When I read this thread it was a real ah ha moment. I've always had almost unmanageably thick hair. But a few months ago I began to lose hair. I've been a Wen user for about 3 years and thought it was great, really worth the very high prices. Long story short, after reading the thread I stopped using it and the problem stopped immediately. There are too many of us having the same experience for it to be coincidental, don't you think? I'm now using something called Pura d'or and it's fabulous. All plant-derived ingredients. I'll probably try the no poo idea eventually.

Thank you so much! If you hadn't brought this up I'd probably be bald by now:)!

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  1:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
The class action lawsuit was DISMISSED as false. It was all the other companies trying to get rid of WEN. They lost and owe Chaz big money. (He is donating to charity). It was shown to be exactly what Chaz said was in.

I stand by WEN. My hair has never look this good. Once it was greasy, but I hadn't rinsed it all out. I use about half what the bottle states.

Love it.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  3:19:46 PM  Show Profile
Well, all I can say, Amy, is ever since I stopped using it, my hair has all grown back! :) Maybe it is just a personal reaction like Lisa suggested to me, I don't know, but for me, the proof is in the pudding! Having said that, though, I sure do miss how nice my hair felt with Wen before I started losing it! There is no product I have tried since that meets the mark! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  7:04:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, I think it comes down to what works for you. My daughter, who has beautiful hair, feels the way Amy does, and was thrilled to get my supply of Wen! Chaz does seem like a very sweet kind man. So, isn't nice to live in a world where we have so many choices - different strokes for different folks, that's what makes life so much fun:)
Nini, you might want to try Pura d'or. It's available on Amazon and I'm really happy with it.

Big hugs to everyone!!

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2015 :  12:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I hope everyone finds something that they love.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Wen Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page