farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - May 12 2015 :  05:52:37 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone here gone through perimenopause really early? I'm 36 and I'm already starting the process. I thought I was losing my mind until my mom told me she was done with her cycles by age 40. My grandma and my great grandma were both 42 when they were all done.

Anyone have advice? I'd like to deal with the symptoms naturally. I'm already seeing my homeopathic doc and she's given me a remedy to help. I'm starting there and seeing what happens.

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.com

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - May 12 2015 :  07:50:03 AM  Show Profile
I have no advice for ya' but I sure can empathize!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - May 12 2015 :  1:43:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Amy, I didn't go through menopause early, but did have hot flashes for 10 years (still get the odd one now and again). Friends of mine did very well with black cohosh, but it didn't help me a lot. Lots of fresh air and exercise helped all my symptoms, and drinking lots of cold water. And a fan in every room. Talking to other women going through the same things also helps you keep your sense of humor. Consider it a new journey! :)

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - May 12 2015 :  2:04:54 PM  Show Profile
NONE of the supplements helped me. I agree with Amy, Song Sparrow. I notice when I exercise, drink a ton of water, and carry a wet sweat towel with me everywhere, along with layered clothing, I have been able to survive.
But I hate like heck when I am trying to be professional with my work, and I start dripping sweat., Happened today and it was 65 out, and windy. Really makes me feel like an idiot.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

BeautifulBibliophile
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Rachel
Valley Alabama
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2015 :  7:36:25 PM  Show Profile
I'm 38 and started having hot flashes last year. I think it was a combination of PCOS and having Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever for the past two summers that brought it on. I've been a very cold natured person all my life, and now I'm literally dripping with sweat before I know it. Have you fried Be Koool patches? I bought mine at Walgreens - it's a cooling patch for migraines or fevers, and it really does help me when I'm having a bad "flash" day - you just peel it off and stick it to your forehead or the back of your neck. Helps me a lot when I'm teaching!

"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing." - Harper Lee
Go to Top of Page

sue5901
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Sue
Wellingborough
United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  02:52:55 AM  Show Profile
An early menopause is also one the major risk factors for Osteoporosis - a silent condition you will not know you have until you start having painful fractures.

Make sure you get enough calcium and vitamin D to help slow its progess.

Dance like nobody's watching!
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Early menopause Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page