Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please Pray for a Dear Friend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please Pray for a Dear Friend Next Topic  

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  11:06:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls -

When our son was little, he had a best buddy, Jared, and his sister, Jennifer, who who lived just two houses down from us. Sam and Jared were best buds; virtually inseparable. Jared was here morning, noon, and night. His mother used to joke that I was his "other mother," and believe me, in my heart, it did feel that way. Just loved him. After Jared's stepdad passed away, the family moved to South Carolina to be near relatives. Their mother moved back a couple of years ago, with Jared's sister soon following to attend college. Jared remained behind with his Dad to finish school and work. He loved to work, always hated to sit still. Give him something to do and he was in Heaven. He was just a bundle of energy. He had a great sense of humor, too. Wherever Jared was, there was always laughter. Just such a joy, truly. When he moved away, we all missed him tremendously.

His Mom emailed me and asked me to give her a call asap. She had news and didn't want to put it in an email. Our sweet Jared was killed in an automobile accident on November 6th. Just eighteen years old. Heartbreaking. Every parent's worst nightmare. Jared was driving his girlfriend's car, which had a tendency to pull hard to the left. He got distracted, turned away for just a second, apparently let go of the wheel, and the car veered hard to the left, running head on into an eighteen wheeler. Long story short, he left this world the minute the vehicles made contact. Thankfully the coroner reassured his parents that he didn't feel a thing. Doreen, his mother, is a mess. It's like she has this abysmal sucking wound that can never be healed. His sister Jennifer is beside herself with grief, but thankfully is getting counseling through the college. The rest of the family is doing all right, but they are extremely concerned about their mother who is not a well woman to begin with.

No mother should have to go through this. My heart is just breaking for her. Please lift Doreen up in your constant prayers, as well as Jenn and her four other brothers, two other sisters and their families. Thanksgiving was indescribably difficult for them. Doreen cannot even bring herself to return to her home yet, as pictures of Jared are all over the house. She is going to try to start preparing for Christmas after counseling next week, as, she says, she has to do it for the sake of her grandchildren; but her heart... her heart is just not into it. All she can do is cry and, when absolutely exhausted from that, steal an hour or two of sleep until it starts all over again. I just can't even imagine. There are no words. How do you comfort someone through such a loss? Does a comfort like that even exist in the world?

I must have a hundred pictures of the boys from when they lived here, but there is one of Jared that has always been a favorite of mine... I can still see it in my mind as if it were just yesterday. We had had a big snow, everything was sparkly-icy white. And it was so cold - as if your breath froze in the air. He and my son had been making snowmen and having a snow fight. He had climbed up the back steps to ham it up for my camera. His little knit hat was squeezing up off his forehead, a little rumpled and off to the side. His jacket was bigger than his body. He had just turned around to tell me something, and I snapped a shot at the perfect moment. His cheeks were glowing red from the cold; his steamy breath was hanging in the air.... His eyes were glowing whiter than the snow; his smile shinging bright as the day. So innocent, so sweet and so beautiful. That's how I'm going to remember him. I'm sure that's the boy I will meet again in Heaven one day - bright, innocent, sweet and beautiful. We love you, Jared. God bless you and rest your soul.

I'm going to have to go find that picture for his Mom...

Thank you so much for your prayers, girls. Words cannot describe what they mean.

Hugs and love,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Nov 28 2014 11:26:25 AM

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  11:46:17 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my! I will pray! I can only TRY to imagine the grief and pain!
Praying for you and your family as well!
HUGS!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  11:56:25 AM  Show Profile
I can't even imagine the pain and heartbreak! I will keep this family close to my heart and in my prayers. Mt heart just breaks for this dear family- sending all of my love to them thru the miles!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  12:03:51 PM  Show Profile
Nini! So very sad. I will be praying for Jared and his family.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  2:07:38 PM  Show Profile
:'( With tears running down my face, I will surely be praying! What an indescribable loss!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please Pray for a Dear Friend Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page