Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Pray for peace in Ferguson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Pray for peace in Ferguson Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2014 :  5:44:30 PM  Show Profile
I live in Illinois, not Missouri, but I'm not all that far from Ferguson. They're calling in the National Guard and I'm just asking for prayers that the rioters will go away and Michael Brown's family can have some peace. I know someone who used to live in Ferguson and she knew him. It's really just one area of town where all the rioting is taking place, and the looters are from all over. Please just pray for peace in this situation. This is NOT representative of the entire St. Louis area.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2014 :  7:32:38 PM  Show Profile

Cindy...I have been watching this on the news...so sad of all that is going on in this situation...will be joining you in prayer for peace for his family and the whole entire town...

Hugs!

Judy

PLANT SEEDS OF KINDNESS EVERYWHERE YOU GO!!!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2014 :  07:36:30 AM  Show Profile
I am praying, Oh how this breaks my heart!!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2014 :  08:49:49 AM  Show Profile
Praying! Our Pastor ask for prayers this past Sunday for Ferguson. Like Judy, we have ben watching it on the news every day.

hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  9:19:48 PM  Show Profile
Please pray for calm amidst the disappointment and anger. I had a feeling Darren Wilson would not be indicted and I was right. I feel upset and I feel afraid of how some people may react. I know enough about this region to know how deep these feelings of division can go. I think most people just want to peacefully protest, but there is a minority that wants to cause anarchy. Please pray for peace for this region, and this country.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  05:25:42 AM  Show Profile
I'm praying as well. There is a significant difference between the protestors and the opportunistic looters & thugs. Hard to believe that this is still going on in 2014.

Dawn in IL

Edited by - ddmashayekhi on Nov 25 2014 2:09:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3440 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3440 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  10:46:48 AM  Show Profile
I too am praying for all in Ferguson. The whole story is so disturbing. I pray that violence will subside and families on both sides can now start and rebuild their lives.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  3:02:56 PM  Show Profile
This whole situation is just so heartbreaking, disturbing, confusing, frightening, disconcerting... I'm not even sure there is a word that can accurately describe it. We're praying here, as well, Cindy. God bless, help and protect the innocent, and please stop the abuses, rioting and vandalism. Most of all, please help Michael Brown's loved ones, as well as Darren Wilson and his loved ones, and the entire community somehow find peace and healing.

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Pray for peace in Ferguson Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page