MaryJane
Queen Bee

16400 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16400 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  12:27:31 AM  Show Profile
I'm just about to retire for the night (lots of kitchen work in preparation for tomorrow), and already I'm thinking about tomorrow's pie.

I'm wondering, can Friday "breakfast" be only a few minutes past the midnight hour for those of us who might still be up? Then, another slice when you actually get up. And then, another slice for an early brunch? Will that be legal, Winnie?

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  05:32:58 AM  Show Profile
Hahahahahaha MaryJane!! My husband said the same thing! He says , How will they know if we cheated and started eating pie early, like in before Thanksgiving Day even?? Of course, legally, one minute past midnight is Friday so I say, let the pie slices be devoured. As our Queen Bee, it is only fitting that you should kick off the new National Farmgirl Pie for Breakfast Day! Please let us know the actual time and what kind of pie you enjoyed!

Here is my little Apple Pie made just for Friday in case the Pumpkin Pie disappeared.

Happy Thanksgiving Today and Happy National Pie for Breakfast Day tomorrow! We do live the good life here at MaryJanesFarm!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  10:14:52 AM  Show Profile
MaryJane! My husband said to tell you, he likes the way you think! He's in! LOL! Only thing is, now I think I'm going to have to make more pie! :)

Happy Thanksgiving, girls! Looking forward to sharing breakfast with you tomorrow!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  05:08:48 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Farmgirls everywhere! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday and enjoyed lots of wonderful home cooked favorites. It was a day indeed to indulge in great food. So many blessings to live where food is abundant. Hopefully the bad weather some states had did not interfere with your holiday plans.

So, to kick things off, here is my post today for National Farmgirl Pie for Breakfast Day. It is an apple pie made from Honey Crisp apples and slices of sharp cheddar cheese on top. Mmmmmmm, it is going to be perfect with my cup of pumpkin spice coffee!!

Ohhhhh, I do love a good excuse for indulging in apple pie for breakfast. Move over oatmeal, today we bask in slices of favorite pie in many , many Farmgirl homes. It is our Breakfast of Champions!

Let us know what you enjoyed today and post some pictures if you are able! For some reason mine will only post sideways this morning.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Nov 28 2014 05:52:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16400 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16400 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  06:13:04 AM  Show Profile
I suspect we're all feeling a little sideways this morning after all the festivities yesterday:) I'm all about pumpkin pie this morning, along with a little leftover eggnog. Hopfully, both will get me back on the champion track. Berry soon to follow!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  06:23:11 AM  Show Profile
I'm still full from yesterday, so overnight steel cut oatmeal was my breakfast of choice this morning. Add organic milk, cranberries, walnuts, and a bit of brown sugar and yeah, I'm good to go now!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  07:19:35 AM  Show Profile
This morning we will be having blueberry pie, scrapple and eggs. Scrapple is my one pork splurge of unhealthiness. I eriously might have to raise pigs one day, just so I can have scrapple ;)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  07:45:00 AM  Show Profile
LOL! Dawn! I had oatmeal this morning, too! But thankfully I had first seen a spot on "Good Morning, America" that encouraged adding apple pie filling to morning oatmeal. In keeping with our New Farmgirl National Holiday (There were no specific rules as to HOW to eat your pie, after all!), I took my small slice of apple pie, mixed it in to the oatmeal, added a wee bit of cream on top, and mmmm-M! Was it GOOD!!! :) I'm spoiled now! And full again! LOL! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  09:35:14 AM  Show Profile
Yay, Farmgirls have been enjoying our new national holiday with the usual creativity!

Shannon, I hope your pork, eggs and Blueberry Pie breakfast was a hit with everyone! It is truly a Southern menu!

Nini, your idea of Apple Pie and Oatmeal is pure genius! I will have to try that idea out tomorrow morning.

MaryJane, am I correct in that your Eggnog is fresh made from your girl's milk? I bet it is delicious and rich!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  09:52:47 AM  Show Profile
It was cherry pie for me this morning

EstleSchippFarm.blogspot.com

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver

Edited by - star-schipp on Nov 28 2014 09:53:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  11:05:08 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Leftover mincemeat made from green tomatoes and pumpkin (both made by our farmgirl sister "Calicogirl" . . she and her hubby live nearby and we enjoyed dinner with them and Sharon's mom).

Beautiful, sunny, clear Colorado blue-skies day here, a bit warmer than normal, but gorgeous. We HAD some very cold days/nights last week and into the beginning of this week.

It's nice to shut our pellet stove off during the day and save a few pennies on pellets and electricity!
Happy Farmgirl Pie-for-Breakfast Day!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  2:46:33 PM  Show Profile
I had a nice slice of pumpkin pie for breakfast, even though I had to work, I brought it with me.
Everyone in the break room asked me where I get the pie. They thought I got it from the vending machines ... yeah, right. And I still have enough pie left for breakfast tomorrow ...

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
www.google.com/+whitesheepfarm
Go to Top of Page

Pizzarita
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Rita
Monroeville NJ
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  6:26:21 PM  Show Profile
I have to confess, I had 2 pieces of apple crumb. Any pie is my favorite so I really love this new holiday. I will celebrate National Pie for Breakfast Day every year.

Rita
Farmgirl Sister #6110
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2014 :  05:31:40 AM  Show Profile
Yummm, Teri, your pumpkin pie looks delicious! I bet your work colleagues were delighted with a homemade pie and it was a great way to spread the tradition that Friday after Thanksgiving IS National Farmgirl Pie for Breakfast Day!! Whoop!!

Hehehe, Rita, who could resist NOT having 2 slices of apple crumb pie!

CeeJay, my mom used to tell me that my Grandmother made her mincemeat from green tomatoes. Do you think Calico Girl would share her recipe?

Thanks everyone who stopped by to share your moments of celebration of our new Farmgirl Holiday!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  01:50:07 AM  Show Profile
Yay for pie!

Mine was Green Tomato Mincemeat pie also :)

Winnie, here is a link for the canned filling recipe:

http://www.food.com/recipe/green-tomato-mincemeat-3926

My husband has never liked mincemeat (storebought), but loved this and the scent of it simmering on the stove is amazing!

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16400 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16400 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  03:24:08 AM  Show Profile
I "celebrated" again with another piece of blueberry/strawberry pie on Sunday evening. A pie slice a day keeps the doctor away, right?

Yes, Winnie, homemade eggnog. It's a recipe Ashley created. Divine.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  05:18:58 AM  Show Profile
Sharon , thanks so much for this recipe. I will try it this season as mincemeat is a favorite of mine and a few other family members.

Hehehe, MaryJane. I wonder if a slice of Apple Pie a day keeps the doctor away? I mean why not? It is just an apple gussied up, right?? It wouldn't hurt to try it for a year!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16400 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16400 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  07:01:44 AM  Show Profile
It could turn it into a book, My Year Eating Apple Pie, or My Pursuit of the Perfect Apple Pie Slice, or ????? You could incorporate all the knowledge you're gaining about apples and your travels associated with your "budding" apple tree/variety pursuit. On second thought, diet books do very well. How about, Winifred's Apple Pie Diet? Or, To Die for Apple Pie? Or, How I Spent a Year Vying for Apple Pie. Okay, I'll stop now.

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  1:35:14 PM  Show Profile
I had pecan pie for breakfast this morning! :)

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

~ Let our lives be full of both Thanks and Giving ~

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  3:39:33 PM  Show Profile
Hahahahahaha Erin!! Breakfast of Champions!! Oh , how I love Pecan pie. It is a southern favorite down here!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic New Farmgirl National Holiday??? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page