MaryJane
Queen Bee

16400 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16400 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  2:35:41 PM  Show Profile
I'm wondering what you've grown that's going to end up in your holiday meals this year? I have walnuts, apples, squash, potatoes, milk, cheese, butter, blueberries, pie cherries, carrots, onions, garlic, eggs, elderberry jelly, honey, and fresh chard/kale/herbs (still in my greenhouse). How about you? What have you grown that you'll be fixin' up fancy for your holiday meals?

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  2:49:52 PM  Show Profile
I have satsuma oranges, baby red kale, collards, fresh parsley and rosemary, and hopefully green beans. Wow, MaryJane, your photo with all of the goodies is so pretty! Mmmmmm, wish I had some of your cheese! Speaking of cheese, for Christmas, we will have some of my daughter's goat milk cheese that she makes from her little Lamancha herd. It is really good!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  2:55:30 PM  Show Profile
Winnie's right - great picture, Mary Jane! :)

Hmmm… Let’s see… Broccoli, carrots, onions, peas, cucumbers, peppers, dill, garlic, turnip, zucchini, rosemary, thyme, parsley, sage and pumpkin… I think that’s it! And the remainder will be made up of many of the good things I preserved myself this year, bought locally, or made from scratch; so even though I didn’t grow everything, I surely can say it’s very much a homemade Thanksgiving meal! I kind of like that! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  06:15:15 AM  Show Profile
I've got carrots, and herbs I grew and dried, and potatoes. Everything else we are eating, though, is organic and local, too. My next goal, MaryJane, is a greenhouse, too. The things I could do with a greenhouse... Anyway, I love the holidays! I love the cooking and baking! MMMMMmmmm!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5159 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5159 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  07:54:45 AM  Show Profile
I have Rosemary and Thyme and Chives. They are still thriving outside here in the South! I always use my Rosemary to Garnish my Turkey along with fresh fruits. I love to have fresh chives to snip all year long! Green beans, Roma tomatoes, Cherry tomatoes, Bell peppers, Eggplant and Strawberry Jam for Muffins Tomorrow Morning!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Farmgirl of the Month, August 2014
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  11:35:35 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh, the fresh garden harvests are looking and sounding delicious! Thanks for your photo, Connie!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  08:59:09 AM  Show Profile
We have Butternut Squash also Acorn squash. Plenty of eggs, Kale and potatoes, Garlic , Onions. and carrots too. Oh I might add Blueberries and pie cherries for pies. Probably more but we are just so used to going to the barn and getting what we need. (stored there). End of harvest is a fun time and yummy too. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  11:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
We'll probably use beef for our Christmas dinner, since we raise our own. We have carrots, lemon basil, homegrown and canned green beans and chard. Our garden was pretty tiny this year. But we will purchase from our producer friends at the Winter Farmer Market some winter squash, kale and tomatoes.
In the freezer we have peaches and applesauce from the orchard here across the fence! Also, some dried sweet dark cherries that are wonderful in my 12th Night Scones!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Homegrown Holiday Farmgirl Fare Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page