Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 ALTERED BOOK AND THRIFT STORE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic ALTERED BOOK AND THRIFT STORE Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2006 :  4:14:00 PM  Show Profile
Made a quick trip to the thrift store today and started my altered book. I put some pictures on my blog if you want to see.
Started my Christmas shopping today, in years past I would be much further ahead, but not this year.But thats ok, I don't work anymore so I have more time, less money but more time.
Think maybe I will start working on the Christmas card exchange we are doing, I have a lot of the address's already, I could at least do the envelopes.
Been bidding on stuff on ebay, very very hard thing to get away from. But I will just limit myself to so much a month, and I bid low, and if I get it good, if I don't I let it go. I have won four things so far. Well you know how we all love to get mail. Always have you guys in mind when I'am on site and looking.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  04:59:35 AM  Show Profile
The plate from Auntie Glenda is so beautiful! And so lovely to have a family keepsake, isn't it? Also l-o-v-e your Roseville vase -- another family piece? It's fun to look at your stuff, Nancy Jo. I feel like I'm having a little visit with you, on your blog. (Can't leave comments there, and so I'm commenting here.)
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  05:50:08 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Katie,
So glad you like to visit my site, I'am having a lot of fun doing it, never thought I could. I was standing on the kitchen chair yesterday to take the pictures of my thrift store stuff, better view from up there. Richard said I might want to consider therapy.
The Roseville vase is from Richards Aunts, they are gone now. There were three sisters that lived together and never married, Richard's mom was the only one to marry. Anyway we had to take care of everything at the house and so a lot of my things came from there. AND looking back their were a lot of things I let go that I wish I hadn't. I could be sending stuff to my farm girl friends, darn!!
Have to see about a plate stand for my plate, maybe the Hallmark store will have one. Love the colors in the plate, matches my living colors perfect.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  06:01:08 AM  Show Profile
KATIE,
Forgot to tell you I will mail your buttons out tomorrow.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic ALTERED BOOK AND THRIFT STORE Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page