Page: of 11

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  2:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
thank you all who have sent cards. I apologize for not thanking each person it has been rather chaotic at our house lately and I am not saying thank you like I should. Thank being said I wanted to say thank you to ktknits I loved the card and gloves such a cute thing you did thank you very much.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  3:19:48 PM  Show Profile
We know how crazy it is this time of the year so don't worry about it Sunshine, we know your thankful or you wouldn't of signed up for the exchange! Relax now and enjoy the season!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
And my new food blog at: www.homesteadblogger.com/gardencafe
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  5:32:52 PM  Show Profile
Got an adorable little card with a cow tag, little sweet pie cookbook and Anne of Green Gables patch from our Mella in Canada today..how fun!! thanks so much!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  5:45:06 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to all of my farmgal friends that have showered my mailbox with cards and love.thanks so very much.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2006 :  9:52:24 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, it was so nice in this busy time of the year to recieve all of the lovely cards. I know that we are all busy, but we should do this again...love and hugs Patricia
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  04:10:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sunshine!

Actually, the gloves are for the Christmas exchange, and the card was for this Christmas card exchange. 2 different exchanges, but since I didn't get the gloves done in time to go in the boxes Julie sent out, I just mailed them along with the cards to save postage! So, you got both exchanges in one envelope!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  04:58:06 AM  Show Profile
I am not part of the card swap group, but got a wonderful little card from Mella in Canada this week, and also a wonderful card from Byhzgrace. Thank you both for sending a card! They made me feel so happy. WEll, we are down to the last week before Christmas!

Ellen, I think your celebrating advent must be special. I do not, because my family loves the Christmas tree so much that to wait until Christmas eve would be so hard, but it is truly part of our church tradition and we are greening the church next Sunday afternoon. My advent candles sit on the dining room table. I keep real greenery around the base of them and some small flowers in the center with the christ candle there. Each week in Advent we do those devotions.

Loved seeing the photos on this thread of beautiful and cozy homes!

Ephesians 1:17

Edited by - jpbluesky on Dec 18 2006 05:03:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  05:40:18 AM  Show Profile
This has been so much fun! I had to find new places to put up cards this year! Thank you to each and everyone, you all have brought us so much joy! Looking forward to our next idea!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Love,
Bonnie

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  05:46:10 AM  Show Profile
Speaking of next ideas, as I have mentioned in posts before, keep your list of names and address's, cuz I'll be starting a new card exchange after we have recouped from the holidays, I want to do a old fashioned Valentines card exchange, where we make Valentines like we use too! Should be fun, so if your interested, keep that list handy and let me know what you think? I know the cards will start to ease up since I'm pretty sure every has gotten them out.

Visit me at my blogs:
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  06:07:44 AM  Show Profile
YES!!!

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  08:08:27 AM  Show Profile
Thankyou to Elizabeth, candismom, for the card and the pretty little blue and white hankie. What a nice surprise gift. So nice to get a treat in the mail.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  08:15:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thanks to everybody for all the beautiful cards!!! I only receieved one card not from someone on this site - and she's another farmgal pal who works with me. It was really very special and much appreciated to have christmas cards in my mailbox every day this season. So cheery after a long and boring work day! And Junebug - your idea about making Valentine cards is fantastic! I'd LOVE to do that, too! :)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner

Edited by - Miss Bee Haven on Dec 18 2006 08:30:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  08:20:50 AM  Show Profile
This was such a great idea--I received cards from everyone (hope you've gotten mine by now, I know some of you have!), and it's really given me something to look forward to when coming home--bills are stinky! I have all mine on a garland draped just below the ceiling line, but my camera doesn't work right now, so I am unable to show you--I took a bunch of photos of the cards, and my other Christmas displays with my mother's and then the battery died, so maybe you just weren't meant to see my messy house!

Thanks again for all the lovely farmgirl wishes!

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  09:00:46 AM  Show Profile
Howdy gal pals! How festive the doorways leading into my kitchen look covered with cards, mostly from you farmgals. Love them all, and love you all, too. Nance
Go to Top of Page

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  11:02:12 AM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I have been guilty of not thanking all of you for the wonderful cards. I have an armoire that I covered with all of your beautiful cards. Thank you all for letting me join in. I am going thru Christmas this year like a wide-eyed child and it's nice to be here and see so many of the true meanings of the season.

-Simple pleasures make my heart smile-
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  1:29:51 PM  Show Profile
Birdie--
It was so great receiving a card from Maine--I've always dreamed of living there, and was going to move to Portland just before I met my husband--and stayed put. It's still our dream, and whenever I'm blue, I look at the houses for sale on the Maine Living Network. It's amazing the difference in prices for land there and here--much more reasonable. When I told him I had recieved a card from a farmgirl in Maine, he grabbed the envelope and rubbed it like a jeanie lamp for good luck so that we could move there faster!

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  04:35:33 AM  Show Profile
Just when I thought the cards would be coming to a end, I got two yesteday, one from Bramble with a yummy recipe tucked inside, and one from Shirley, thanks girls!! My garland on the beam is almost full!!!

Visit me at my blogs:
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  08:37:11 AM  Show Profile
Girls,
A thank you today to Shirley, Kathy, and Karin. Karin made a recipe card, very cute.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  8:20:07 PM  Show Profile
Wait wait wait.... my card is coming too hohoho

I had to go back and get more stamps soooo ya shouldn't have to pony up for postage due...they should be arriving Saturday hohoho cept for all the international buddies....then I'm late

Thank you to Jaime, Kathy, Susan, Janice,Patricia, Birdi,Laura,Molly, Luanne,Margie,Karin and Bramble twice lol ya wants to make sure I make those biscotti

Now Jeannie thanks for the thankyou, tho I just mailed your Christmas card today... o my ...are you just getting the Thanksgiving card?? don't know maybe my clone grabbed my cards and wrote you one while I was slacking off? ...I know I make plenty of mistakes hohoho and OOOO one I'm just reading here too is the Tnfarmgirl in Sparta... I know I didn't address a card to you.Went back and looked 3 times hmmmmmmm is she on my addy list? O Joni or Sue or one of ya Christmas circle gals send me and email?? Pretty please???

o and Jeannie Are you on the altar guild? The greening of the sanctuary is a truly wonderful day. I really love how the greening makes everyone so festive.

What service do y'all go to?

With sitting in choir = I'm there for all...my family attends the midnight mass.Then we all go home together down our island trail of luminaries to end the night with a lil eggnog.

With my boys, I go on to bed and get up early to play Santa... last year they surprised us by filling our stockings.It is so sweet a blessing. I got up, to find Santa had come to see me... delightful to be a child. This year with my new kitchen I've been like a kid in a candy shop... I didn't realise how much the fire took...I'm doing double batches to make up for all we missed.

I understand about the family urge too. My boys were always saying everyone else has their tree up, why can't we... Ya know I've been in retail for years and by holding off, we found time that is special and works not only with our faith but our time too. We celebrate the 12 days of Christmas, so we just go out the other side of the calendar.We do a Twelvth night celebration before Epiphany. Our friends all bring their Christmas trees for a bonfire... we let them help with the readings, a celebration of 3 Kings has been a good way to bring my faith to many of my friends.

Here is my not so cozy home with an exploding card wreath
http://obeehave.blogspot.com/2006/12/blog-post.html#links
and my advent wreath from the holly from the other side of the country! Bless you (((Eileen)))in Quilcene WA.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  04:39:14 AM  Show Profile
Yippie, more cards from Ktknits and a cute recipe card from Karin, how cleaver!!

Visit me at my blogs:
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  06:32:02 AM  Show Profile
Thank you to all of you who sent me cards. For some reason I did not get the decorations up this year, but I do have a place where all of the cards that you have sent are displayed. It is full and beautiful and makes me happy!! And has my children wondering who everyone is as well. So, I get to tell them about my Farmgirl sisters and how cool they all are.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  04:49:07 AM  Show Profile
It's come to my attention, thanks Ellen, that two girls aren't on the list but have been sending and recieving cards. I think what happened is they were late with info and I had to send them on to be added and I didn't add them to my list? So, if Karin and Joni could send Ellen their address, she has cards waiting for them. Sorry girls, don't know how it happened, I've got cards from both of you, I hope I sent you each one? Let me know if I didn't? And I promise to get better at this with the Valentine swap. I did get a card from Molly Mae yesterday, thank you!!

Visit me at my blogs:
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  07:18:40 AM  Show Profile
Sue- I just went by the RAOK list that I had. Since I received cards, I thought I would post a "Thank you" here. (A lot of the names are the same!!)
Thanks-
Karin
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  07:28:38 AM  Show Profile
I did the same as Karin, just used my RAOK list so if some of you were on a seperate Card list and I missed you, I apologize! Don't want your feelings to be hurt over a goofy mistake of mine!

Ellen- Oooops! Maybe you have to make honeybell biscotti, might be good!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2006 :  12:19:09 PM  Show Profile
Got a card and catch up letter from Ellen, thank you!! You'll have a snail mail letter coming soon! Hang in there, blessings for peace, faith and hope this holiday season to you dear Ellen!

Visit me at my blogs:
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Holidays: Previous Topic Christmas card exchange? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page