Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 Already Thinking About Fall Holidays 2014!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Holidays: Previous Topic Already Thinking About Fall Holidays 2014!!! Next Topic
Page: of 11

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5159 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5159 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  5:29:36 PM  Show Profile
Me too heather! I love this recipe! I'm gonna try it!! Thanks for sharing!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Farmgirl of the Month, August 2014
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  5:51:39 PM  Show Profile
Heather, those doughnuts sound so good, of course I love anything that is pumpkin. Our leaves started to fall about a month ago, but that was from the lack of rain here. Everything here is still very lush and green. More rain on the way, my sheep can't even keep up with the pastures ... A good and bad thing. I will get some fall mums this week end. They are on sale @ Lowe's, and then in a week or so I go to a local greenhouse and buy a few perennial mums. I have had some now for 5 years.
Connie, those sound so good! Don't you just love the anticipation of yummy fall treats to come.
Oh and then the pies, turkey ... okay now I am hungry!

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  8:27:44 PM  Show Profile

Love the beautiful pictures girls...as I always say...Keep them coming:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

"Autumn~The year's last, loveliest smile."

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  06:06:28 AM  Show Profile
One thing I love about this MJF connection is that you can find other Farmgirls who love the same things! Heather, that recipe for pumpkin donuts looks delicious. A big plate of hot fresh donuts would be a sight to behold. If you decide to make a batch, be sure your kitchen window is open so maybe the wonderful smell will waft down here on the Jet Stream to me!! If I lived closer, I would just show up and invite myself in!!

Hahaha, I am loving that others have to have Brach's candy corn and orange pumpkins as much as me! The fall mix with pumpkins has not shown up in my store rounds yet, but I bet this weekend or next week, they will all be out. Yep, Sara, has to be Brach's in my opinion.

Teri, I got a small pot of mums this past week in the pumpkin orange just to have inside. It is still way too hot down here to put them on the porch for decorations unless you want baked mums. Mums do well here in the ground but usually don't bloom until the October/November range when it gets cooler and less humid. Currently, we are specializing in mold everywhere!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  4:29:53 PM  Show Profile
Connie- waiting for you to post the great pics of past Halloween costumes!! I still think about the posts from a year ago. Great Great memories!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  5:37:24 PM  Show Profile
Winnie,
Looks like I will be set for a little while!

Notice the weight ... errrrr... poundage!

I feel a sugar high comin' on.

Teri

www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  05:26:02 AM  Show Profile
Yummmm, Teri!! What a beautiful sight for this sick and tired of hot and humid Farmgirl! I have never seen Brach's package it in these large bags either.Bonanza!! You are indeed set for awhile! If you having a sugar high, it might as well be with delicious Brach's Fall Mix, don't ya think? I personally recommend this candy with a cup of hot decaf coffee on the porch after dinner when the evening is cooling down and you just want to sit and enjoy the earthy smells of fall rising in the air. What some company??? I have talked myself into it already!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  06:01:26 AM  Show Profile
Come on up Winnie, it is just about porch sitting time here in KY.!

Teri

www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  07:40:52 AM  Show Profile
I sure would, Teri, if it wasn't such a long drive from here just to sit on the porch! Of course, desperate people are known to do desperate things and endless heat is making this Farmgirl feel pretty desperate!!LOIL!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  07:46:07 AM  Show Profile
Temps will be in the mid to upper 90's all this week here in central NC. Lows at night only down to 70! I am sooooooooo ready for Fall!!!

Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"

www.etsy.com/shop/FeedSackFarm
www.etsy.com/shop/Chronographica
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  09:59:02 AM  Show Profile
You and me both, Darlene!!! BOOOOOOO!!! I don't care, however, because tomorrow I am getting out some fall decorations and work on my MJF fall related swaps. In my little office, it IS going to be officially the start of the fall season!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  3:28:42 PM  Show Profile

Girls...the candy looks so yummy!!!Winnie...I have been working on my Fall decorations now for over a week...love to get all my gorgeous things out...officially the season doesn't start for a few more weeks...but to me it is already here...happy decorating and Happy Labor Day to all my sweet farm girl friends:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  4:00:11 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls, check it out!! The official countdown app for you to keep track of how much longer!! Judy- I am starting to get my Fall things out tomorrow. September 1 is traditional for me!! I start slow and build it over the next few weeks so I am all ready by the official start of Fall.

http://mycountdown.org/Other/Autumn/widget/

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  5:38:29 PM  Show Profile
Darlene and Winnie...

Somehow...each year in July I get in the mood to get my Fall things out!!!I usually talk myself out of it until August...but that's it for me...I can't wait to start getting my goodies out...and adding a new piece here and there:):):)Already bought me three little critters...an owl and 2 squirrels...1 holding and acorn and the other one a sunflower:):):)So cute!!! and a new pumpkin...also sweet Ms. Connie made me a Harvest Ribbon Scarecrow...so so precious...one of my Fall Into Fun swap items she sent!!!

Love love love my pretties and the Fall season!!! So beautiful and refreshing after a hot Summer!!!

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440

Edited by - wildflower17 on Aug 31 2014 5:49:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  05:37:22 AM  Show Profile
Time to celebrate! Here I am turning the calendar this morning. Ahhhhh, Pumpkin Spice Coffee and the first month of my favorite season of the year!!

One of my favorite cookbooks for Fall is the 1996 Gooseberry Celebrate Autumn. In the section on Apple Festival, they have this poem that I love.

".........apples so red hang overhead.
and nut, ripe-brown, come showering down,
in the bountiful days of September!"
Mary Howitt

Then, there is this poem under the section Tailgate Gathering.

" SEPTEMBER

A road like brown ribbon,
A sky that is blue.
A forest of green
With the sky peeping through.
Asters, deep purple,
A grasshopper's call,
Today it is summer,
Tomorrow is fall."

Edwina Falls

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  06:02:15 AM  Show Profile

Winnie...so beautiful...I love poetry and pictures:):):)Thanks for sharing!!!Fall is almost here!!!

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  06:23:25 AM  Show Profile
Winnie,
Love your choice in calenders! ha ha ha...

my future farm in this one ... WISHING!

Teri

www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  06:53:23 AM  Show Profile
Gosh, Teri, how coincidental in our calendar selection!! I do love that apple farm painting you have on yours!! I wish my calendar had that same apple farm picture on mine!!! Yes, owning a farm with a few apple trees would be a dream come true. I am in love with those old wooden apple ladders too.

Judy, stunning fall photo! How lovely it would be to rent that cabin and be able to enjoy the fall season from it's front porch! So beautiful and peaceful!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5159 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5159 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  07:11:37 AM  Show Profile
Don't forget the HARVEST MOON September the 8th!! I love your calendar Pictures! I have many from years back that I can't throw away, they are too pretty!
We got a lot of Rain yesterday and cloudy here today so a little cooler! I am digging out Autumn Decorations too!
Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Farmgirl of the Month, August 2014

Edited by - Killarney on Sep 01 2014 07:12:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  07:36:25 AM  Show Profile
Connie,
your have recipes on it? We got a ton of rain yesterday too, today is looking like it wants to!

Teri

www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5159 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5159 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  09:14:40 AM  Show Profile
Terri, there are some recipes on certain months. More rain today I Love it!!!!!!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  12:10:45 PM  Show Profile

Love the pictures girls....I love old recipe books and calendars:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6982 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6982 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  12:35:31 PM  Show Profile
Coming to this thread is like taking a slow walk down a country lane in the coolness of fall.

I am a happy girl - got 4 bags of Brach candy corn at Dollar General this morning. Already been in one bag. The other 3 are in jars decorated for the fall for my 3 sisters.

Also bought a new fall kitchen towel which is already hanging on oven door. It's autumn red with a big sunflower. Got each of my sisters one to match their kitchens. With the candy corn they will make a nice welcome to fall gift.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  1:10:11 PM  Show Profile
HI Farmgirls! It looks like everyone here on this thread is getting fall out of the boxes and nestled into their spaces for the season. I just worked on a few projects here as well. It is blazing hot and humid here today, but so what. It's that way everyday and today is special!!

Thanks Connie for the notice about the upcoming Harvest Moon on September 8. I hope we will have clear skies to see it. I am glad you and Teri are getting some much needed rain.

Here is a little fall scape I created on my hunt board in the living room.

The painting was ordered by me last year and is by folk artist Heather Sleightholm at audreyeclectic.com. I love american folk art!

So, here is something you might have seen. A few years ago while visiting in the fall in North Carolina, I went into a store that had this set up inside a fireplace mantle. It gave the ambience of a nice flickering fire and was so cozy! I loved it and thought, now this would be a fun easy solution for me. It is never cold enough down here until maybe Christmas, and that is iffy when we have a warm December like in years past. So, to get that cozy fall look without using a real fire or electric one (remember the AC is humming away here), you use those flicker lights on a string with real logs and pine cones.

What do you think?? Kinda cool! I found the lights at Big Lots in the Halloween lights section for under $10. I attached an extension cord to reach the outlet close by. What happens is that you nestle the individual lights where you think a flame should be and keep them in place and the cord covered with the pine cones. Voila! A cozy "fire" in my TV room where we spend time in the evenings.

Sara, your Fall surprises for you sisters are going to be a big hit! They sound adorable. Post a photo of your finished product with the kitchen accessories. What a bonanza that you found what you wanted at the dollar store as well. You can bet I would have torn into one of those bags of candy as soon as I hit the car!!

Connie, let us know what fall decor you ended up bringing out today!!Inquiring minds want to know!

Anyone else out there besides a few of us "down with the fall fever"?

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  2:52:21 PM  Show Profile

Hey Girls! So happy I started this thread:):):)I love everyone enjoying being together and posting lovely thoughts and beautiful pictures...and Sara it is like walking down a country lane:):):)We already have a lot of leaves falling here in Kentucky...if the heat and humidity would let up...oh what perfect weather it would be!!!

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Holidays: Previous Topic Already Thinking About Fall Holidays 2014!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page