Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers for Aly - Updated 9/25
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for Aly - Updated 9/25 Next Topic
Page: of 2

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  5:29:31 PM  Show Profile
That is wonderful Shannon. Praying for the other test too.Let us know whats going on when you get a chance. Take care and give Aly a big hug for me.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  6:23:55 PM  Show Profile
Shannon
Praying for you all and little Aly that they find the true problem very soon.

Blessings

darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2014 :  08:04:12 AM  Show Profile
SO grateful to hear it's not cystic fibrosis, Shannon! Please keep us posted. And please give Aly a sweet little kiss on her forehead from me! God bless her! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2014 :  5:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I am so glad your sweet baby does not have cystic fibrosis! I hope the doctors can come up with a strategy to get her gaining and growing better for her age very soon! And, I hope you are feeling better. Keep us posted when you go out for your surgery.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2014 :  3:54:04 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon,
Sorry to hear your update today . . . and I certainly can understand your stress! I will be praying for you as you deal with this. Stay strong, my friend! GOD KNOWS!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2014 :  4:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Shannon, I totally understand your stress and worry. My guess is that the look for a lesion is about something neurological, possibly congenital, that may be having some sort of impact on her growth. I seriously doubt that there is any suspicion you would be abusing this baby. The multiple symptoms don't point to abuse but rather something inside Aly that is going on. I hate for you and her that the MRI is scheduled so late in the morning! Perhaps, you can be on a list for an earlier cancellation in the morning and something will work out for her. I will keep you and Aly in my prayers for an easy procedure day and some answers that will be helpful!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2014 :  4:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you guys! It didn't help that they informed me that the reason Aly has separation anxiety is because I stay home with my children. I explained that we try to do a play date or field trip every week, and we go to church every Sunday, but that just doesn't seem to matter to them. I feel sick over all of this! I also got a huge lecture about not vaccinating her. i tried explaining that when my now 5 year old got her first two sets of vaccinations she went completely limp noodle, but that just didn't seem to matter to them. I don't understand why if you as a parent chose to do things outside the "norm," that you are wrong. No, I don't vaccinate. No, I don't work outside the house. No, I don't put my children in daycare or in public school. BUT I am not stupid, I have two college degrees - one to be a registered nurse and the other Pre-med, I have 6 children, and we research our options and other methods of health rather than drug our kids up with who knows what just because someone thinks we should. Okay... vent over... I am just really distraught at the moment.

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2014 :  10:31:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon, My prayers are with you that God will make things work out better for you and your family. I think that people and doctors put people in to one lump when they see similar things going on so they think every one has the same thing and then maybe prescribe the wrong things for it.

You take care and relax, your a good mom and you care for your children,
Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2014 :  12:45:24 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, dear sister... Winnie's right. Please don't think their need to look for a lesion or evidence of trauma necessarily means they are seeking signs of abuse. In all honesty, if your daughter was abused, they would know from other things that transpire when she's around you. Besides, if you DID abuse your child, would you really be taking her to the hospital seeking help and healing for her? No! People who abuse their kids try to HIDE any trauma they've caused. For anyone to suggest that you may have abused her is absolutely ludicrous; and if they did, they should be called to the carpet for so doing! Truthfully, there are many medical conditions that can lead to lesions in the brain - not just head injury. Lesions in the brain can interfere with neurological processes which can sometimes be helped, and other times cannot. I'm sure they're just trying to cover all the bases to ensure they provide Aly with the best care and treatment possible. Honest.

As far as Aly's separation anxiety... My GOODNESS! Any child who loves their parent will go through this. You should NOT feel you need to offer any explanations or excuses for her wanting you to stay close by! When our son was little we tried a preschool at a local church. No sooner would I leave than he'd be hightailing it right out the door behind me! One of the teachers literally kept her sneakers on in the morning just in case she'd have to run after him! LOL! Crazy worry-wart me, I would sit in the parking lot the entire time because I feared he'd "escape" trying to find me! I think it's wonderful that Aly loves you so much. She won't always have this attachment, believe me. As she grows, you are going to LONG for these days, so enjoy them while you can, sister! And please: don't you even allow anyone to convince you her reaction is unhealthy! My goodness! She's in a strange, sterile place, with strange noises and sounds, with all sorts of people fluttering around her, poking and prodding her, hooking her up to machines... what kid WOULDN'T experience anxiety if her mother had to leave her for any amount of time in a situation like that?! Heck, I'm 48 years old and don't want my family to leave ME when I have to endure medical examinations and treatment! It's perfectly NORMAL. Sometimes I think people are just so self-conscious about their own hang-ups about stay-at-home mom situations that they need to point nasty fingers in order to make themselves feel better about their own parenting choices. What pills!!! SO not cool! Don't let anyone get to you, sister. You're a wonderful mother who is undergoing a lot of stress right now over the concern for your daughter's health. Don't let them get to you. You just stay strong for Aly and your family. I know it hurts and causes you to feel shaken, I do. It still happens to me and my son is 18!!! Just remember that any "sheeple" who don't understand can go right ahead and exercise their right to see things their way, and you can exercise your rights to raise your children how you see fit. Let their ludicrous opinions roll off your back - and pray that their eyes are opened!

God bless little Aly, and you and your family, Shannon! You're in my prayers!

Love and hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  09:30:44 AM  Show Profile
Dear Shannon,

I am keeping Aly in prayer as well as you and the whole family. I am praying that the Lord would grant you peace in your heart and remove any stress. Remember to hold every thought captive and think on Him. The Lord has a plan and if it is His it has to be a good one. Praying for encouragement for you sweetie! Hang in there!

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for Aly - Updated 9/25 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page