Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers for Aly - Updated 9/25
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for Aly - Updated 9/25 Next Topic
Page: of 2

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  04:23:20 AM  Show Profile
9/25 Took Aly to Developmental Peds today. They agree she is quite behind in her milestones and thinks she needs PT. Great. But then they say she needs a brain MRI and to see neurology. Okay..... why? I get informed that they will be looking for a lesion. My first thought is cancer, and I voice that. Her response was, "oh no. We will be looking for a lesion from some type of trauma." WHAT!?!? Basically they are telling me they are seeing if she is abused!?!? I am terribly terribly frustrated! I am with my children 24/7. Why is it automatically abuse when a child does not fit textbook???? Anyways, please pray for us. The MRI will have to be with sedation and is scheduled for a month from now on the 29th.... and at almost lunch time with nothing to eat after midnight.... seriously do not think that is going to work! But anyways, I am now officially STRESSED!

Hi all! My youngest child, Aly, turned one the end of June. Like my other children, she has always been skinny and tall for her age... But now she has quit growing and is considered FTT (Failure to Thrive). There will be tests run on Friday morning and then as soon as MUSC can get it scheduled, she will also be tested for cystic fibrosis. On one hand, we are praying it is due to my adrenal issues, and on the other hand I feel like I am failing her. I know that God will see us through all of this, as He always does and He promises not to leave us. But please pray for Aly! She is such a sweet and content child! She loves to make people laugh and loves to give cuddles. She is now 28.3 inches long and barely over 15.5 pounds.

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - hudsonsinaf on Sep 25 2014 1:46:37 PM

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  06:01:49 AM  Show Profile
Sweet Shannon, my prayers are with you and your whole family. The idea that you have somehow failed Aly is a lie straight from you know where. God is with you, and He has a plan and a purpose in this. Feel free to e=mail me if you need a shoulder or an ear.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Sow what you want to reap.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  06:31:43 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I will be praying for your sweet daughter. I know this has you and your family very scared and worried!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  08:58:38 AM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies! It is so nice to come here and get prayers! My extended family seems to think I should just put her on formula... but I cannot get them to understand it is not a supply issue, and on top of that, she refuses to take a bottle. Then my aunt and I were discussing the possibility of Aly having cystic fibrosis..... to which my aunt reminds me that God may have a child be really sick and die young so that others will be led to Him. I know this and understand that He may indeed use a child's illness and/or death to bring others closer to Him, but oy that was no comfort at the moment!!!! Anyways, if I can figure out how to work this, I'd like to post a picture of my Aly :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  08:58:43 AM  Show Profile
on my knees and praying!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  10:48:14 AM  Show Profile
Shannon what a precious little girl you have. Please don't blame yourself it only takes you down the wrong road. I know you are doing everything possible for your little one and will continue too. Hopefully you will receive some answers and be able to help her through this. I am praying for your little Aly and you and your family. We are all with you in prayer and spirit.Big Farmgirl Hugs.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  11:41:31 AM  Show Profile
aww what a precious sweet heart! I will be praying for God to work in her little body that she was grow and strengthen every muscle and nerve. That He would take every vitamin and use it to build her up. I am praying for comfort for your heart and wisdom for you mind in knowing what needs to be done.
Sending hugs and love!!

Hugs,
Jessica

F.K.A. CRsHelpmeet

"A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence to admire the flowers in your garden."
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  12:09:00 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, Oh my dear, my prayers are going up for little Aly and for you all to make the doctors to really find out what the real diagnosis is and knowing God is watching over her and holding her in his arms while this is all going on.
I love her picture she looks like a happy little sweetie, God is there with you all.

blessings and prayers

love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  12:22:37 PM  Show Profile
Praying for Aly and your entire family Shannon. What a beautiful girl!
Big hug,

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  1:10:38 PM  Show Profile
I am keeping Aly, you and your family in my heart, thoughts and prayers, what a little sweetie!
Hugs,
Debbie

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  3:00:57 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, thank you for posting a picture of Aly. Please keep us updated. I'm praying hard.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2873 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2873 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  3:28:22 PM  Show Profile
What a sweet angel!
Prayers that she starts to gain, and that you find answers.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  5:49:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Shannon! Isn't she just beautiful! Just looking at her, one can see the sweetness of her soul! I will definitely pray for her - and you, too! Love and hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  08:01:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh what a morning! She got catheterized today along with blood work. Looks like she has a UTI, but is asymptomatic, which means there may be something anatomically going on. So now they want an ultrasound and vcug done. However, a uti should not be affecting her weight. We will see how everything else comes back!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  09:58:36 AM  Show Profile
Oh poor baby, prayers, prayers, going up for her and for you and her daddy.

Take care Shannon, God is there beside you.

blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  8:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Praying for Aly, you and your family! It's so hard when our kids are struggling!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2014 :  05:03:28 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, try and hang in there while doctors work to find out what is really at the heart of the problem here with your little sweetie. Try not to let your fears get ahead of you while the tests are happening. Once they know what the problems are, then they can talk about solutions and a plan of care to address them. Pediatrics is a very sophisticated branch of medicine and we know so much more than in the past about congenital and genetic defects. Children today are living, thriving and growing up to have normal lives with many kinds of problems. Lifting you and your family up in prayer for some answers soon and I join the others here in keeping up the vigil of hope!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  2:23:44 PM  Show Profile
What a cutie! I will be praying for Aly. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  6:25:51 PM  Show Profile
STILL undergoing tests here :/ She is such a trouper! Thank you for all the prayers! <3

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2014 :  3:00:55 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the update. Still praying.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2014 :  3:34:59 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Carol! Her sweat chloride test to test for CF is Tuesday. They are also wanting to get her in for genetic testing.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  06:18:45 AM  Show Profile
Shannon,
Your daughter is beautiful. What a sweet little girl!! She looks happy and content in her picture. I am thinking of you and your family. You have not failed her in any way, she looks too happy for that to be the case. I'm sure your aunt meant the best but it came out wrong. Sorry you had to deal with that. I am sending positive thoughts your way!!
Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  07:06:43 AM  Show Profile
OH how Precious!!! Praying! I heave you and your family in my prayer Journal also!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  08:03:02 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all! I have a definite praise - just returned from the doctor's, and her sweat test for cystic fibrosis came back negative! Praising God for His faithfulness!!!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  08:29:47 AM  Show Profile
Awesome news Shannon!!!!!
Aly is so beautiful and precious! Thank you for sharing her photo with us. I have been and am continuing to keep her in prayer as well as you and your honey. The Lord is faithful!!

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  2:22:45 PM  Show Profile
That is great news! Praying for a correct and quick diagnosis and for strength for you.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for Aly - Updated 9/25 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page