bec414
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

becky
saginaw mi
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2014 :  6:38:09 PM  Show Profile
I was excited about the progress I was making on giving a 1974 14' trailer an overhaul. But then last night it rained...really rained and went I went in to work on it this evening the new ceiling panels were wet. So we tore into it and found rotten roof supports so water pools on the roof and comes in. We tore out the old ceiling now for the next step...

Any one else deal with anything like this?

Becky,
In the heart of Todd's home with my olive branches (Josie 11/96, Gabbi 9/98, Natalie 5/00, Daniel 9/02, Mary 9/04, and Tabitha 7/06) around my table. Ps 128:3

www.hillbilliesinabarn.blogspot.com

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  09:25:37 AM  Show Profile
Well, yes, only it is in the trailer I call home. We pulled the ceiling down a couple of weekends ago because of a leak. When we pulled the panels down supports were all rotten and falling apart. We had to *carefully* replace all of the supports before we could repair the ceiling and then had to buy all new paneling. We thought we got all of the leaks but wouldn't you know, it's still pooling up there. WHAT A FIGHT! We are going to have to put a new roof on, I believe, but thankfully, that is fairly easy and inexpensive. For now, we are glad that the supports were a fairly simple job to replace. I hope you can get yours taken care of easily. :) It isn't a difficult job just tedious.

Hugs,
Jessica

"A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence to admire the flowers in your garden."
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2014 :  6:02:16 PM  Show Profile
oh Becky, what a bummer...
there is a 'sealer' you can buy to 'coat' the trailer roof (outside)... I can't remember what it is called... maybe CeeJay knows...
a lot of gals I camp with use it...
good luck on the repair to you and Jessica in your roofing repairs...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Rotten ceiling help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page