Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Outpost
 I'm Junk Gypsying a 34' 5th wheel trailer.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Outpost: Previous Topic I'm Junk Gypsying a 34' 5th wheel trailer. Next Topic  

Wendy Flower
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Wendy
Gladstone ND
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2014 :  4:43:49 PM  Show Profile
I know it's not cute and not vintage. I'm going to have a cute vintage trailer just for me, but hubby had a 34' long 5th wheel trailer type RV that was all yucky inside, tacky run down modern stuff, dirt, a coupla mice. I'm not sure you want to see some of the before pictures I took. Gag. But I just had to share that I'm beginning this project and loving all the ideas I have, yet having so many ideas that it's going to be hard to stick to just one theme! Right now it's just clean clean clean. Then it will be paint paint paint. Followed by re upholstery (is that even spelled right?). So trying to decide, do I go Gypsy, or Cowgirl? Goddess? Indi? Hippy? Honey-bee theme? Dedicate to my Great Great Grandmother? Boudicca Celtic medieval? Check back later to find out and see pics.

Wind Farmer & Seamstress.

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  07:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
You go Wendy! Sounds like you've got a wonderful project in mind! You'll decide on your theme and I'll be curious to see what you come up with.
Our "Reiver's Rest" is a Scottish/shabby/cottage theme and we're really happy with it! Just finishing up painting the exterior this week!
Have fun with your project!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  3:46:51 PM  Show Profile
Wendy, it's not how you found it... it's what you do with it... so just have fun and decorate to your hearts content!
as we say... they start out as a Diamond in the rough!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Wendy Flower
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Wendy
Gladstone ND
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  8:13:09 PM  Show Profile
Went junking today and cleaned up! Theme coming together, Gypsyesque; antiques, reds, golds, greens. found a Paisley corduroy comforter & shams in those colors and burgandy red fringed jaquard window valances for the boudoir area. There is this dumb vinyl folding door that closes off the bed nook that is going bye bye and I'm thinking bead curtain.

Sister 4700
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  9:48:40 PM  Show Profile
Wendy... you go girl! have fun! :>)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2014 :  06:26:17 AM  Show Profile
How exciting Wendy! It sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you, but it will make the end product even more satisfying when you are done (does that ever happen). Good luck and I can't wait to see photos of what you do with it. :)

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

All good things are wild and free- Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

Wendy Flower
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Wendy
Gladstone ND
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2014 :  10:37:58 AM  Show Profile
Here is a before pic. It's a "toy hauler". I heard of a gal that made the toy hauling area into a sewing room. Sa-weet!

Sister 4700
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2014 :  9:19:37 PM  Show Profile
This has potential.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2014 :  05:38:46 AM  Show Profile
Wow! What to do with all that space. We are going to have so much fun watching what you do with this!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2014 :  06:23:19 AM  Show Profile
Wendy looks like a keeper. Hope you will post pictures when you are done. We have a 27ft camper similar to this. We had to tear out the whole back wall and replace all the boards that supported the camper. We took out the booth area and put in a long bar with stools underneath it just to save room. Also removed some of the upper cabinets. It really opened up the camper. I also had my son make a bench seat with storage underneath to hold the existing couch that I am going to recover soon. I faux tiled the backsplash in the kitchen area and repainted all the light housing and air conditioning with a oil rubbed bronze spray paint. That updated things considerably. Two coats of paint on the ceiling and sprayed orange peel on the walls and gave them 2 coats of paint. My son is putting in new flooring today for me. I made all new curtains using lined curtain panels from Dollar General. They had a set of four different curtains that all matched and I am using this combo for curtains, pillows, and to recover the couch. Can't wait until it is all done. Lots of work. Still working on one small leak over a window. Anyone have any idea how to trace down a stubborn leak. We have tightened screws, caulked, replaced things. Just can't get it to stop. Frustrating. Agree, mine is not going to be a cute little glampour camper like the rest of yours. I adore them, but this is what came into our life so making the best of it. If we can get the leaks to stop and complete it, I may sell it and find something smaller I can haul around. This is too big for me to handle with the 3/4 ton four door truck we use. It becomes a monster on the road as far as I am concerned. Oh well, the process has been fun. Love the creative side of this project. I even spray painted a cheapy clock with oil rubbed bronze and I love it. I am the master of masking off anything and giving it new life. Hubby just rolls his eyes. I tell him, things are never as they seem.

Edited by - Cozynana on Jun 27 2014 06:36:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Wendy Flower
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Wendy
Gladstone ND
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2014 :  1:32:12 PM  Show Profile
Cozynana, does that oil rubbed broze paint stick well to the light fixtures? Our are all age-yellowed plastic, looks so gross, not sure what to do with them. I have been fantasizing about doing the ceiling up in a textured wall paper, like I've pictured here, and painting it copper with a glaze to patina the effect. Also thinking of taking out one of the side couch/bench/bed dealies and putting in something else in it's place. Started exploring the upholstery on those cushions and wow is it involved. If I make the roof copper, not sure what color to do the walls and cabinets. I collected some textiles in burgandy, pumpkin, goldenrod, and olive. that I will use. Thinking of painting the cabinets two colors layered and then sanding off some of the last coating like they do on junk gypsies.

Sister 4700
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2014 :  3:22:10 PM  Show Profile
Wendy, If you are doing gypsy style anything goes. I did have my hubby take down all my lights and air conditioner cover inside the camper and I did spray the housing on each on. I could clean the opaque lens that went with each light too. I love the thought of your ceiling in the paper shown above. I have some of that in my craft room and have not used it yet. I will someday. Wish I lived closer I would show you how to make covers with zippers for your cushions. It might pay to have someone do them for you. The nice thing is if you paint something and you don't like the color, just paint it again. It is just paint.
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2014 :  3:23:15 PM  Show Profile
Wendy, I should have asked is Junk Gypsies a TV show. I don't watch hardly any TV so am out of the loop. If so, what channel and time.
Go to Top of Page

Wendy Flower
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Wendy
Gladstone ND
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2014 :  8:32:49 PM  Show Profile
Junk Gypsies is a TV show. I didn't used to watch TV, but my honey has the darn thing on almost all the time. 2nd hand TV I call it. Like 2nd hand smoke. But I did discover Junk Gypsies and I like it. I know how to reupholster, I used to work at an industrial sewing place. But once I saw how complex these were, with two cushion chambers for the backrest and two for the seat, joined in such a way that you would not fall into the gap when the couch is made into a bed I'm rethinking tearing the whole thing apart. It's not that I can't do it, it's more that I want to be able to more easily remove the covers to freshen them up. I've come up with an idea that I think is pretty clever, to button on my covers. Maybe not so clever. I'm not at a point yet where I have to decide for sure. Here is a picture of what I'm piecing together for the backrest.

Sister 4700
Go to Top of Page

Wendy Flower
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Wendy
Gladstone ND
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  10:52:16 AM  Show Profile
Junk Gypsies is on American Country at 7 mountain time I think.

quote:
Originally posted by Cozynana

Wendy, I should have asked is Junk Gypsies a TV show. I don't watch hardly any TV so am out of the loop. If so, what channel and time.

Farm Sister 4700
http://earthairand.blogspot.com/
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SewKayBoutique
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  7:26:06 PM  Show Profile
Wendy, thanks for the station and time. I will have to ask hubby if we get American Country. I would love to watch them.
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic I'm Junk Gypsying a 34' 5th wheel trailer. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page