Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  5:26:24 PM  Show Profile
I'd love yalls input on this. I have been working very hard to get my yard cleaned up and the flowerbeds and whatnot back to pretties. Well, the neighbors keep letting their doggies (think big ones) potty on my lawn. I have mentioned it to them before and they says that they always clean it up. (Untrue) My son does out puppy clean up in her special area which is not where their doggies is taking care of business. I was sewing at the kitchen table and looked out just in time to see the neighbors dog using my lawn again. The neighbor shooed him out of the yard but never bothered to pick up the nastiness. This has been going on since last Fall. What do I do? Should I call someone to complain? Should I make it an issue? I am really hopping mad about this because I'm working so hard to make things look nice. Your thoughts most appreciated.
hugs
Jessie

"A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence to admire the flowers in your garden."
Farmgirl Sister #235

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  08:57:22 AM  Show Profile
try taking pictures of the deed, and then confront him about it...get a bunch of dryed hot peppers, seep in very hot water, strain and put in spray bottle, and spray dogs when they come in your yard...I am sure you have leash laws, so remind your neighbor of that, or you will have no choice but report him...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3936 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3936 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  11:28:09 AM  Show Profile
My dad had to find a place for food that he had to remove from broken freezers. He would take it to the zoo and they were happy to get it. He asked a zookeeper what he could do to keep a dog from peeing on one of our bushes. The zookeeper went in the tiger cage and came out with a gallon ice cream bucket of tiger poop. He told my dad to put some under the bush. This stuff was very stinky. We put it under our bushes and when the dog came by, he took one sniff and ran away. He never came back.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  2:15:53 PM  Show Profile
Spray them with water from the hose. It will tell the neighbors they were in your yard (wet dog)and they will stop coming over too.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  2:22:19 PM  Show Profile
Try picking up the poop and leaving the bag tied to their front door knob...
Maybe they will get the hint.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  11:46:30 AM  Show Profile
That's what I'm going to do the next time they do. I put a sign out there to make sure they knew I knew about it (apart from telling them everytime) next time, it is doggie poop on the doorknob. This is so ridiculous! I live in the woods but sheesh! We are still supposed to be considerate of the neighbors and their properties.
Thanks for yalls input, Ladies!
hugs
jessie

"A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence to admire the flowers in your garden."
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1501 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1501 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  06:59:49 AM  Show Profile
We had this problem with a neighbor once. We started scooping the messes with a shovel and piling them up right in front of their garage door and front steps. It didn't take long for them to get the hint after they walked in it a few times. If you are really going to put a baggie on their front door knob you might consider adding a small package of baggies with a note gently encouraging them to scoop their poop to sweeten the deal. If someone just left doo doo hanging on my front door I would probably get angry and do nothing. I like Churunga's story about the zoo doo!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Doggies in the flowerbeds Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page