LenaSassafrass
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Leanne
Hamilton Montana
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  09:04:49 AM  Show Profile
How do some of you ladies garden with infants? I have one year old twins and I have been working in the garden when they are sleeping...which ranges from 45 min to 2 hours at nap time. I want them to be apart of the growing experience....so far I have brought them in the stroller but after a little while they get bored and start getting upset where we then go back inside. We are in a somewhat community garden so I can't allow them to just run around. I am going to try the playpen next but wondered if you ladies had any other good ideas!

Maizy-brownswiss/jersey
Sassafrass-06/20/10

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  3:07:39 PM  Show Profile
There isn't much you can do, so you just have to come to terms that until they are about 3 it will be short periods at a time. My 2 1/2 year old loves to help, but that meant about 6 potato starts in a 1 foot section. Their attention span is so limited before they want you back it makes it hard to accomplish much and you have twins!

I just decided smaller and to get help last year. We'll see how this year goes as he is getting a bit better but I know it will still be limited time.

Good luck
Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  07:45:06 AM  Show Profile
I used a folding fence kennel that I used for my dog. It was about three feet high, blacl, and folded into a 24x24 square and slid into my car. When it is open it is about 6 ft square. Gives them enough space to play without getting into anything and bigger than a playpen.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Gardening with infants Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page