True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  12:06:44 PM  Show Profile
no clue where to post this-
this year, I started a team for Relay for Life and am trying to recruit team members and do fundraising etc...we have 94 days til our event- i'm looking for ideas for onsite fundraising--

I've read the ACS Relay website front to back and have jotted some notes...would love ideas from my farmsisters....our relay is July 12th- i'm thinking selling cups of fruit at our booth?

ANY hints/support/ideas will be appreciated!!this team may be a team of one if I don't get some positive response from friends and family here!! haha

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  4:04:46 PM  Show Profile
Margo, what a wonderful thing you're doing.
You could see PINK grapefruit.
Good luck on the Relay for Life event.
Keep us posted.
Sorry I haven't seen this sooner.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 09 2014 :  11:06:13 AM  Show Profile
Our team made a small fortune by buying a whole bunch of bandanas in bulk (I think they may have come from Oriental Trading Company, but I can't remember for sure...), soaking them in a big cooler of ice water, and then selling them for $1... People came in droves to buy them to wrap around their necks on that extremely hot Walk day! At first, people bought them in the colors that supported their particular cancer cause, but as the day progressed, all they wanted was that cool, wet chill around their neck. Practical, inexpensive AND irresistible!

Good luck with your Fundraising, Margo! I hope you all have a wonderful, successful day!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic Relay for Life? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page