DonnaRae
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Donna
Mapleton UT
USA
1 Posts

Posted - May 14 2014 :  5:17:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, this is my first post. I live in Utah County, Utah, and I am looking for some fresh goats milk to feed to a baby pig. We spent Mothers Day at my house watching my berkshire gilt become a first time mom. She had 12 babies! We have a runt, who is about half the size of the normal pigs, but we also have Ruby, the super runt. She weighs in at 1 lb 4 oz. We took her to the vet today to have her checked out. Our old vet was gone, new vet bought him out in January, and he grew up on a pig farm. Ruby is a lucky bug. We've been using store bought goats milk, but would sure like to find some fresh. He said it is good for baby pigs. I found this site through an old post about fresh goats milk in Utah County. Anyone still out there? Thanks

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - May 16 2014 :  4:15:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Donna. Here's a couple of commercial places: Drake Family Farms in West Jordan and Creamery Creek Farm in Lindon. Hope you find something! I live near Ogden and have tried purchasing from a couple of people, but they use all of their goat milk for their pigs!

Vicki
Farmgirl Sister #120
Nature never repeats herself, and the possibilities of one human soul will never be found in another - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic fresh goat milk Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page