asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  3:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Liver - the smell, the texture, etc. - Yuck! Breakfast sausage links and patties - worked in restaurants for years and smelled that every morning - can't stand it.

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  7:37:38 PM  Show Profile
Anne,
I second all of the above plus cold cured smoked salmon. I ordered a smoked salmon sandwich from room service at a ritzy hotel in Edinburghonce...it sounded so good. I told my daughter I thought it had a rotten tomato on it or something. When I tore it apart it was the salmon. Slimey!

Actually I don't like meat much at all.

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

susan kate
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

susan
Western Washington
109 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  7:52:14 PM  Show Profile
ditto on the bananas. i can eat banana bread but fresh bananas make me gag. the person i live with eats one or two per day and leaves the peels on the counter for hours (i think it's passive aggressive behavior) the other one is raw or undercooked onions unless they are scallions. i am weird...

also beef and pork (i love cows and pigs too much)and most kinds of fast foods - food that is so tasteless and devoid of nutrition that i don't see the point in eating it.

oh and runny undercooked eggs. no fried or soft boiled. i upchucked a fried egg when i was 4 and have never again touched any egg that had any part that was runny. i routinely send back my eggs in resturants to be nuked or i order them "burned".

Edited by - susan kate on Nov 10 2006 7:54:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2006 :  08:38:58 AM  Show Profile
This is one of the funnier (and fun) threads I've read. I can't eat raw oysters.... and don't want any cooked, either. It's the texture. I grew up hating eggs (texture again), and my husband used to have a reaction to eggs unless they were fully cooked, so we basically had no eggs for years. Then, voila--one day I cooked them, and liked them--and his reaction had ended. They're a weekend breakfast feature, now.

I admit to having cooked some kidneys, and Jenny--ewwww is right! My English MIL made beef and kidney stew, so DH wanted me to do the same. Once was enough. The whole house stunk. I confess to liking liver and onions, but as DH does not, I don't ever eat it... which may be just as well.

I hated the taste of milk all of my life until a few years ago when I bought organic. What a difference that made. Now goat's milk is another problem. As a small child visiting a farm family, I was served grapenuts cereal with goat's milk...yuck. Very strong smell and taste. Not eating what was served as a guest was out of the question.... but I still have trouble with goat cheese, and have never, ever eaten grapenuts cereal since.

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  5:35:40 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
lol I JUST tried liver this week and had it again..the texture is a bit odd but eh I need the iron! I don't like the white part of an egg cooked or hard boiled. BUGS ME and my teeth. I can't eat peach pie..got sick one time and saw it again :-x and the same with this one restaurants pizza and i'm sure theres others.

"... to thine ownself be true."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Foods we don't like and why Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page