Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  06:43:37 AM  Show Profile
Have you tried acupuncture? When I was going through chemo for breast cancer 7 years ago I searched out options for getting through it with fewer problems. One of my doctors suggested acupuncture, and wrote a prescription so it could be covered by my insurance. I had a session before each time my chemo was scheduled. The purpose was to get my body "balanced" and prepared for the procedure. I feel it was part of the reason I was able to miss almost no days at work through the process. Another advantage was the emotional support of the experienced, compassionate practitoner.

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2014 :  11:19:25 AM  Show Profile
A dear friend was diagnosed with advanced cancer and told she had 6 months to live. She and her husband searched for options. The youngest of their 5 kids was about 10 years old at the time. She made a connection with a doctor from Tibet. She went on a strict macrobiotic diet and used Tibetan herbs. She lived 6 more YEARS seeing her children pretty well grown up and passed away after a serious traffic accident.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2014 :  07:53:30 AM  Show Profile
Yoga seems to help people in many ways. DH and I have been doing Yoga for around 10 years, off and on. When he had problems with plantar fasciitis and we got back in the habit of yoga it eased up and eventually disappeared due to the stretching. He also has knee and back surgeries after injuries and finds the remaining pain is eased but comes back when he skips yoga for a while.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  7:56:30 PM  Show Profile
Some people consider Chiropractic care to be basic. Others consider it a somewhat shady alternative. I've had two very positive experiences with two different chiropractors. Both remedied a problem and then shared exercise plans with me to help prevent the problem from returning.
In one instance I hardly noticed as my left arm was getting weaker. One day, when I shifted a small bag of groceries to my left arm when unlocking a car door with my right hand, I almost dropped the bag. That was a bit of a wake up call. The chiropractor determined that there was arthritis in my neck and it was causing a nerve to be pinched. With her help and a few sessions I was back to normal.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  08:09:31 AM  Show Profile
Think before you drink! Soda version

I heard a bit on the news last night that reported that the average American drinks over 500 calories a day. Pop made with sugar is a large part of this total. In the 50's Coke bottles were 6.5 ounces, now 20 ounces is common, and that is nowhere near the amount in convenience store versions like the "Big Gulp"! With about 100 calories for each 8 oz cup that really adds up.

An alternative is sugar free versions, but some of them contain some sweeteners that can produce severe allergic reactions. Studies have shown that they can make a person feel MORE hungry and encourage overeating.

Drinking pop often replaces drinking more nutritious beverages such as milk or fruit juice.

Another serious issue is actually related to the carbonation! When I was diagnosed with osteoporosis, one of my doctors first cautions was to avoid soda! Pop contains phosphoric acid and some studies link the balance of phosphorus to calcium to reducing bone density.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2014 :  4:12:42 PM  Show Profile
Patterned breathing was taught a good many years in a childbirth education class I attended before the birth of our first daughter.
As an example the teacher had the pregnant women practice the technique of concentrating on a focal point and breathing in a pattern, such as in for 3 seconds then out for 3 seconds. The husband or birthing partner of each woman was to squeeze her arm until told to stop. My husband stopped before I told him to do so, saying he was worried about hurting me.
Twenty years later a had a painful medical procedure and decided to try the breathing technique. The young technician spoke in amazement. "You didn't even flinch!"
Since that time I have used this method a number of times, for example with a severe sprained ankle and during dental work that was more stressful than painful.
If it works for me it could be of use to some of you.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  2:11:16 PM  Show Profile
BREW WITH BENEFITS

I like a cup of tea now and then but Good Housekeeping Magazine reported some reasons that it is actually good for us.

BLACK TEA lowers blood pressure among people with elevated levels. improves blood flow after a high-fat meal and lifts mood and improves attention.

GREEN TEA has caffeine and polyphenols that provide a metabolic boos that promotes weight loss, may reduce the risk of lung, breast and skin cancers and frequent cups could slow the rate of bone loss.

So now when you have a cup you can say you are nurturing your body!

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2014 :  2:34:03 PM  Show Profile
Have you had an eye exam in the last couple of years? I don't think about it much except when I need to renew my driver's license, but according to a Readers Digest an eye exam can find some serious conditions. The retina of the eye is the only place in the body that gives doctors a close-up view of your blood vessels and nerves without your needing to be cut open.

CANCER, brain tumors or other cancers that have spread to the eye.
DIABETES, one sign can be small amount of bleeding in the retina.
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. blood vessel damage, including weakening and narrowing of the arteries.
MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, inflammation of the optic nerve.
RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, about 25% of RA patients have eye issues; dry eye is the most common.

If you want more info, check Readers Digest,February 2014. Shocking Diseases That Eye Doctors Find First.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  7:54:29 PM  Show Profile
I enjoy herbal teas but have a lot to learn about specific benefits.

Here are some of the suggested herbal tea benefits when consumed on a daily basis.

1.Achieve a more calm, relaxed state of mind
2.Support heart health
3.Aid with stomach and digestive problems
4.Provide cleansing properties for the body
5.Promote energy and wellness

Some that have calming effects are: chamomile, cinnamon, lemongrass and peppermint.

- See more at: http://www.learn-about-tea.com/herbal-tea-benefits.html#sthash.BvaJl66q.dpuf

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  07:41:26 AM  Show Profile
Choose SMASH fish, that includes sardines, mackerel, anchovies, salmon and herring. They are your best sources of heart-healthy omega 3s (known to reduce inflammation, heart rhythm disturbance, triglyceride levels and blood pressure). The are also less likely to be contaminated with toxins than other types.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  5:25:14 PM  Show Profile
10 Foods for Eye Health

Here are ten foods that will help maintain eye health and that may protect against cataracts, macular degeneration, and other eye problems.

1. Avocados
Avocados are one the most nutrient-dense foods that exist, so it's no wonder they're great for your eyes. They contain more lutein than any other fruit. Lutein is important in the prevention of macular degeneration and cataracts. They are also a great source of other important eye nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and vitamin E.
2.Carrots
Carrots have long been recognized as an eye food due to their high levels of vitamin A.
3.Broccoli
Broccoli is a good source of vitamin C, calcium, lutein, zeaxanthin, and sulforaphane.
4.Eggs
Eggs are an excellent source of eye nutrients like vitamin A, zinc, lutein, lecithin, B12, vitamin D, and cysteine.
5.Spinach
Another great source of vitamin A, spinach also contains other important eye nutrients including lutein and zeaxathin.
6. Kale
Like spinach, kale is a good source of vitamin A, lutein, and zeaxathin.
7.Tomatoes
Tomatoes are high in vitamin C and lycopene, two important eye nutrients.
8.Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds contain selenium, a nutrient that may prevent cataracts and promote overall eye health.
9.Garlic
Garlic contains selenium and other eye nutrients such as vitamin C and quercetin.
10.Salmon
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for maintaining overall eye health. It also contains folic acid, vitamin D, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and vitamin A.

From www.healthydiaries.com

Susan

Mary Oliver

Edited by - Cindy Lou on Mar 13 2014 5:25:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  08:00:14 AM  Show Profile
Eat Smart for a Healthier Brain
Add these 'superfoods' to your daily diet, and you will increase your odds of maintaining a healthy brain for the rest of your life.
WebMD Feature Archive By Carol Sorgen

There's no denying that as we age chronologically, our body ages right along with us. But research is showing that you can increase your chances of maintaining a healthy brain well into your old age if you add these "smart" foods to your daily eating regimen.

Blueberries. "Brainberries" is what Steven Pratt, MD, author of Superfoods Rx: Fourteen Foods Proven to Change Your Life, calls these tasty fruits. Pratt, who is also on staff at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, Calif., says that in animal studies researchers have found that blueberries help protect the brain from oxidative stress and may reduce the effects of age-related conditions such as Alzheimer's disease or dementia. Studies have also shown that diets rich in blueberries significantly improved both the learning capacity and motor skills of aging rats, making them mentally equivalent to much younger rats. Ann Kulze, MD, author of Dr. Ann's 10-Step Diet: A Simple Plan for Permanent Weight Loss & Lifelong Vitality, recommends adding at least 1 cup of blueberries a day in any form -- fresh, frozen, or freeze-dried.

Wild salmon. Deep-water fish, such as salmon, are rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids, which are essential for brain function, says Kulze. Both she and Pratt recommend wild salmon for its "cleanliness" and the fact that it is in plentiful supply. Omega-3s also contain anti-inflammatory substances. Other oily fish that provide the benefits of omega-3s are sardines and herring, says Kulze; she recommends a 4-ounce serving, two to three times a week.

Nuts and seeds. Nuts and seeds are good sources of vitamin E, says Pratt, explaining that higher levels of vitamin E correspond with less cognitive decline as you get older. Add an ounce a day of walnuts, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, filberts, almonds, cashews, peanuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flax seed, and unhydrogenated nut butters such as peanut butter, almond butter, and tahini. Raw or roasted doesn't matter, although if you're on a sodium-restricted diet, buy unsalted nuts.

Avocados. Avocados are almost as good as blueberries in promoting brain health, says Pratt. "I don't think the avocado gets its due," agrees Kulze. True, the avocado is a fatty fruit, but, says Kulze, it's a monounsaturated fat, which contributes to healthy blood flow. "And healthy blood flow means a healthy brain," she says. Avocados also lower blood pressure, says Pratt, and as hypertension is a risk factor for the decline in cognitive abilities, a lower blood pressure should promote brain health. Avocados are high in calories, however, so Kulze suggests adding just 1/4 to 1/2 of an avocado to one daily meal as a side dish.

Whole grains. Whole grains, such as oatmeal, whole-grain breads, and brown rice can reduce the risk for heart disease. "Every organ in the body is dependent on blood flow," says Pratt. "If you promote cardiovascular health, you're promoting good flow to the organ system, which includes the brain." While wheat germ is not technically a whole grain, it also goes on Kulze's "superfoods" list because in addition to fiber, it has vitamin E and some omega-3s. Kulze suggests 1/2 cup of whole-grain cereal, 1 slice of bread two-thee times day, or 2 tablespoons of wheat germ a day.

From www.webmd.com

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  6:11:37 PM  Show Profile
Trying to maintain or lose weight? USE SMALLER DISHES. In a classic Cornell study, nutrition experts served themselves 31% more ice cream in a 34-ounce bowl than they did in a 17-ounce bowl without realizing that they had done so.

I recently realized how much smaller the plates were in the set of china I inherited from my Grandmother than the Fiesta ware I now use. Dishes and portions are a lot larger now!
Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2014 :  12:50:45 PM  Show Profile
"The more people buy , the more they consume. If you used to buy a 6-pack of soda and drink 6 cans a week but now buy a 12-pack because that's the current standard size, you're probably going to start drinking 12 cans a week. Be mindful when buying larger sizes to make sure your habits don't change." Jeff Weidauer, former supermarket executive. in Readers Digest

The same goes for candy bars and bags of chips.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2014 :  8:03:04 PM  Show Profile
10 of the healthiest herbs to grow (and eat) at home.

1. Rosemary
2. Thyme
3. Lavender
4. Basil
5. Parsley
6. Sage
7. Cilantro
8. Chives
9. Dill
10. Mint

More details tomorrow.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  11:30:15 AM  Show Profile
More information on
10 of the Healthiest Herbs to Grow (and eat) at Home.

1. Rosemary - Fights cancer cells, improves memory
2. Thyme - Herbal remedy for respiratory problems
3. Lavender - Soothing, helps you fall asleep, contains antioxidants
that fight belly bloat
4. Basil - Known to calm nerves, has a detoxifying effect on the
liver.
Basil oil also helps clear skin blemishes.
5. Parsley - Full of nutrients, vitamins, A, C and K (that't essential
for healthy blood.
6. Sage - Has antiseptic and antioxidizing properties that fight early
aging. Natural remedy for anxiety and fatigue. Memory
enhancer.
7. Cilantro - Supplies fiber and iron.
8. Chives - Helps boost immune system. Associated with love risk of
developing cancer.
9. Dill - Great source of antioxidants. Said to cure hiccups.
10. Mint - Rich source of vitamin A. Good for breath, digestion,
fighting nausea, headaches, respiratory disorders,
asthma, pimples and cavities.
Peppermint oil has a positive effects on exercise
performance, respiratory rate and blood pressure.

Info from www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20705274-3,00.html

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  09:18:57 AM  Show Profile
Nuts and your heart: Eating nuts for heart health
Eating nuts helps your heart.

From an article By Mayo Clinic Staff

If you have heart disease, eating nuts instead of a less healthy snack can help you more easily follow a heart-healthy diet.

People who eat nuts as part of a heart-healthy diet can lower the low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or "bad") cholesterol level in their blood. High LDL is one of the primary causes of heart disease.

Eating nuts may reduce your risk of developing blood clots that can cause a fatal heart attack. Nuts also appear to improve the health of the lining of your arteries.

Besides being packed with protein, most nuts contain at least some of these heart-healthy substances:

Unsaturated fats. It's not entirely clear why, but it's thought that the "good" fats in nuts — both monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats — lower bad cholesterol levels.
Omega-3 fatty acids. Many nuts are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s are a healthy form of fatty acids that seem to help your heart by, among other things, preventing dangerous heart rhythms that can lead to heart attacks. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in many kinds of fish, but nuts are one of the best plant-based sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
Fiber. All nuts contain fiber, which helps lower your cholesterol. Fiber makes you feel full, so you eat less. Fiber is also thought to play a role in preventing diabetes.
Vitamin E. Vitamin E may help stop the development of plaques in your arteries, which can narrow them. Plaque development in your arteries can lead to chest pain, coronary artery disease or a heart attack.
Plant sterols. Some nuts contain plant sterols, a substance that can help lower your cholesterol. Plant sterols are often added to products like margarine and orange juice for additional health benefits, but sterols occur naturally in nuts.
L-arginine. Nuts are also a source of l-arginine, which is a substance that may help improve the health of your artery walls by making them more flexible and less prone to blood clots that can block blood flow.

from www.mayoclinic.org

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  07:53:04 AM  Show Profile
Color Psychology as Therapy

Several ancient cultures, including the Egyptians and Chinese, practiced chromotherapy, or the use of colors to heal. Chromotherapy is sometimes referred to as light therapy or colourology and is still used today as a holistic or alternative treatment.

In this treatment:

Red was used to stimulate the body and mind and to increase circulation.

Yellow was thought to stimulate the nerves and purify the body.

Orange
was used to heal the lungs and to increase energy levels.

Blue was believed to soothe illnesses and treat pain.

Indigo shades were thought to alleviate skin problems.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  4:21:19 PM  Show Profile
My choice of topics here is a true picture of how random my thought patterns are when it comes to health, influenced by what I think, read or hear on a given day, relating to happiness,feeling good and peace of mind as well as more physical topics.

If you have particular concerns or interests please let me know and do some posting yourself. Do you disagree with something I share? Let me know.

My view of food has changed during the years. You've heard of the "land of milk and honey"?
Well, I grew up more in the "land of cream, butter and and red meat." Good food, well prepared and delicious. My parent worked hard on our farm and the whole aspect of cholesterol wasn't even considered. It served them well. Dad lived to 82 years, and then it was the cigarettes that got him. Mom lived to 88, or possibly a few years more. She always lied about her age, something about thinking you are younger makes it true.
Now my husband is dealing with high cholesterol and heart issues, had 3 stints this past summer. I have high cholesterol and osteoporosis, that is likely a remnant from chemo when I fought an beat cancer in 2006. So we have re-thought our food over the years.

We have a huge garden, an orchard of dwarf fruit trees, and numerous other berries, rhubarb, etc,trying to grow as much of our food as we can. We get eggs from a friend who raises free range chickens, buy beef from a farmer on an organic farm and occasionally buy elk or buffalo from local game farms, though we do more non-meat meals in general.
I still feel butter is healthier than the chemicals in many kinds of margarine, but now limit it, having changed some recipes and using olive oil in others.
We avoid processed foods and are serious ingredient readers on what we purchase.
I bake our multi-grain bread. I've done tortillas, bagels,and English muffins more rarely.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  5:50:33 PM  Show Profile
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL
Here is a list of some things that lavender is good for.

For the skin lavender helps abscesses, acne, allergies, athlete's feet and fungal infections, boils, bruises, burns, cold sores, cuts, dermatitis, eczema, hives, inflammations, insect bites and stings, lice, ticks, psoriasis, rashes, ringworm, scabies, scars, shingles, stretch-marks, sunburns and wounds.

Circulation, muscles and joints aches and pains, helps reduce cellulite, heart palpitations, high blood pressure, Lumbago, reduces swelling and pain, relaxes tight muscles, joint pain, rheumatism, and sprains.

Respiratory Asthma (when associated with emotional trauma), bronchitis, coughs, colds, congestion, flu, laryngitis, throat infections, whooping cough, and sinus infections.

Digestion colic, improves digestion, nausea, gas, and is soothing to the intestines.

Nervous system balances the emotions, it's calming and uplifting. It just makes you feel better. It also helps with convulsion and epilepsy, delusions, depression, insomnia, headaches and migraines, nervous tension, trembling, panic, relaxing, stress, shock, and vertigo. It even helps with pms.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2014 :  7:33:44 PM  Show Profile
I found an amazing website, check it out for yourself! "The World's Healthiest Foods",
you will find a "food of the week", a "recipe of the week" and the "nutrient of the week" information.

www. whfood.com

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  3:00:03 PM  Show Profile
In trying to improve our diet we started using olive oil instead of other cooking oils. Recently I have seen several reports that, though olive oil is healthy to use in salad dressings and other uncooked ways with food, it may not be good to use it in frying. At 200 degrees and over it is said to lose nutrients and to produce free radical, that is organic molecules that are responsible for aging, tissue damage and possibly some diseases. Check out cooking with olive oil on youtube.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2014 :  06:02:08 AM  Show Profile
Take Heart: Mediterranean Diet Combats Diabetes, Study Says
THURSDAY, March 27, 2014 (HealthDay News) -- Adhering to a so-called Mediterranean diet may reduce your risk of diabetes, especially if you're at high risk for heart disease.

That's the finding of researchers who reviewed 19 studies that included more than 162,000 people in different countries for an average of 5.5 years.

The analysis revealed that a Mediterranean diet -- which is rich in fish, nuts, vegetables and fruits -- was associated with a 21 percent lower risk of diabetes compared with other eating patterns.

A Mediterranean diet reduced the risk of diabetes even more -- by 27 percent -- among people at high risk for heart disease. Diabetes prevention is especially important for people at risk of heart disease, according to the authors of the study, which is to be presented Saturday at the American College of Cardiology annual meeting, in Washington, D.C.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  8:30:03 PM  Show Profile
I found this recipe at whfoods.com It was really different than our usual favorites and tasted great!

Tropical Breakfast Risotto

This is a great tropical, healthy rice breakfast. It would be perfect served on a morning when you want something substantial, yet light and fresh tasting.
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

1 cup Arborio rice (this is the Italian rice risotto is made with)
2 cups water
1 15 oz can coconut milk
1 8 oz can cubed pineapple (retain the juice)
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup raisins
1 cup firm banana, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Directions:

Bring water with rice to a boil in medium-sized sauce or soup pan on high heat. Once it comes to a boil, turn heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered, stirring frequently for creaminess.
While rice is cooking prepare rest of ingredients.
As water is absorbed in rice add pineapple juice from can and keep cooking. When that is absorbed, add the can of coconut milk. As that gets absorbed, but while still creamy, add rest of ingredients. Heat for another 2-3 minutes and serve when rice is tender. It should be still juicy and creamy without being runny. This dish is good served warm or cold.
Serves 4

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2014 :  12:35:09 PM  Show Profile
Susan, thanks so much for posting all of these great tips! I had been cooking w/ olive oil, so thanks for the warning about that. Also, I can't wait to make the rice and fruit recipe!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Health hint of the day Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page