Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Today was a "do-over" Next Topic  

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  10:24:50 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, I am needing some mommy encouragement tonight. My youngest has really hit the "trying-my-patience-twos." More commonly referred to as "terrible," I didn't experience this with my oldest and I am pulling my hair out tonight! My baby is a screamer and while we are working on it, today was particularly taxing. What was really difficult for me is the embarrassment of a screaming two year old while at the store. And then the hitting! ARGHHHH!!! Needless to say, I am so glad this day is over!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2014 :  06:49:33 AM  Show Profile
try not to be embarrassed, any one who looks down on you, hasn't had enough children! Either they haven't had any, or only had one or two, and they were blessed with the "perfect" children, and not the kind that does temper tantrums. When people look or say things to me, I'm just like she's two! Ok! It's so tacky for people to judge people on meeting them one time at a store any way. ARG! *hugs* it happens to all of us!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2014 :  07:24:30 AM  Show Profile
We all remember those days. When my kids were little and we were having a challenging day, my MIL would say, "You would cry if he couldn't!" Meaning, cherish the fact that your child is a perfectly normal, active 2 year old. We have all had a screaming child in a store public place.

Just take a deep breath and give that child a big snuggle. Trust me kids just move from one bad phase into another, next week you will be dealing with something new. Don't give in to the bad habits, just focus on the good stuff.

Arttie
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2014 :  2:02:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the encouraging and supportive words! I'm so glad to have you all for those kind of days! Thanks!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2014 :  5:06:26 PM  Show Profile
Arttie I love you MIL saying. Too true.
Yes Ally kids will be kids and forget the judgers--they have forgotten to quickly.
MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2014 :  7:53:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh how I agree with what everyone says here. Don't give the people in stores another thought. Some of them are thinking Oh boy I remember when mine did that!! All mothers and fathers go through times with their children, no child is perfect... My daughters 2 year old right now will scream or do something a two year old does and then he says.." TimeOut?" He is such a little stinker right now.... You are not alone!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2014 :  8:23:29 PM  Show Profile
I feel for you. I have certainly had those days and because of them when I see a kid going crazy in a store I only feel bad for the parent involved. I actually find the sound of someone else's kid being crazy isn't very bothersome. Mine of the other hand drive me nuts. I like Arttie's advice. I wouldn't, and I am sure none of us would trade Our kids for anything, even on the bad days. We would be tempted yes but never really consider it. Luckily tomorrow is another day.

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

MrsTracy
True Blue Farmgirl

145 Posts

Tracy
Beaufort South Carolina
USA
145 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2014 :  08:38:52 AM  Show Profile
My grand is two and I always tell people he's been practicing for about a year! The biggest things I do are to plan my errands after his nap (when possible) and have healthy snacks to plug his mouth up with when we're out, lol! When he's having one of those days and he's with me, I just stay home. I could care less what others think but it can be too much when I've got a 5, 4, 2 and 10 month old and he's the only one with the stank attitude.

Oh but when they are cute...all is forgiven and forgotten!

Aspiring Titus II and Proverbs 31 Lady.
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  06:32:44 AM  Show Profile
Well the good thing to think is that they do outgrow this times, so they don't last forever...

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3945 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3945 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  11:31:19 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, they grow up to be cranky teenagers. LOL

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  8:49:27 PM  Show Profile
Marie that is so true! My oldest isn't a teen yet, but he can be just as cranky!!! LOL!!
Thank you all! With such a long gap in between kids, sometimes I feel like a newbie! But that was just one of those days, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate coming on here to let it out! You ladies are wonderful!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  2:15:20 PM  Show Profile
I had one that was a screamer. Never failed as we would walk in the store he would start. After a while he did tolerate going and for some reason he still hates being in the stores. He is still like that today. Gets in there, gets what he needs and then out. Now the grandkids have pulled stunts and most will people just say having a bad day? Then say I rememeber those days with a smile. It does get better.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Today was a "do-over" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page