Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Severe sweating during sleep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Severe sweating during sleep Next Topic  

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  5:21:31 PM  Show Profile
My husband woke up last night and the sheets were soaked. It's no wonder he has had a cold for 3 weeks and it just went away. It's normal for him to start sweating about 10 mins after falling asleep,but NOT this profusely and this was after 5 hours of sleep. The sheets were wet enough that it woke me up and I had to get out of the bed. Then it woke him up and he was starting to think something is really wrong with him. Has anyone ever heard of this? If it were at all normal sweating, I wouldn't be posting this, but it's pretty bad. Has anyone known anyone with this?

Love is to the heart what summer is to the farmer's year. It brings to harvest all the lovliest flowers of the soul. --Billy Graham

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  09:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My boyfriend did this a few weeks ago when he was sick. If it continues happening I would talk to a doctor about it but if it only happened once then maybe it was just a short fever to kill off the rest of those cold germs or something? Hope everything is okay
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  10:14:06 AM  Show Profile
cristine .. as i always advise .. ask your doctor .. lots of symptoms mean lots of different things .. for peace of mind .. just have it checked out with a doctor you trust. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  10:32:32 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Frannie, I think yhou should have him checked out by a doctor. It is probably not a big deal but the peace of mind would be worth it.
Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  2:35:02 PM  Show Profile
Definitely go to the doctor. It could be a hormone imbalance. (Somehow we seem to reserve those types of things for women!) Good luck!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  7:30:48 PM  Show Profile
Well, I just searched for sweating in sleep and there was a few things we feel it could be, the biggest possiblity was diabetes. I have to get some blood work done b/c I think my antidepressant is causing me to bruise very easily, so I will try to kidnap him and take him to get work done too. He smokes, and occasiionally drinks, like when we go out, so he is really worried. It has happened three nights in a row now, and I changed from a polyester bedspread and sheets to all cotton bedding, and no help at all. He said he woke up with his teeth chattering lastnight, but not because he was cold. He didn't know why. But something is really wrong. If you hear of anything, let me know.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2006 :  01:54:41 AM  Show Profile
My hubby had sweats in the night when he had a kidney stone. When he had it removed, the sweats stopped.

Make sure he keeps hydrated with a lot of water as you try to figure this out. Hope it is something easily treated.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2006 :  12:42:13 PM  Show Profile
His dad has kindey stones from time to time, and I know Josh doesnt drink enough water, and I'm sure drinking 2 or 3 beers a night does't help. Was he sweating bad enough to need to change the sheets or his clothes???
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2006 :  1:39:34 PM  Show Profile
Yes. Not the sheets, but definitely his t-shirt. And I changed the sheets more oftenin general. The alcohol also can cause sweats, but it would take more than 2 or 3 I think. Maybe he could stop them for a few nights, drink lots of water and see if it gets better.

Ephesians 1:17
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2006 :  11:19:39 PM  Show Profile
That is a symptom of diabetes - that's what happened with my husband, but he didn't explain things too well with the doctor(we weren't married at the time), he just told the doc that he was going to the bathroom often at night, so the doc put him on some prostrate meds and let it go - didn't even do any testing! So he had diabetes for years before finally gettiing it diagnosed. Get him to the doctor to find out - nothings worse than not knowing whats wrong (especially when its out of the ordinary) and early detection of anything is better for curing something, rather than waiting. I'm lucky my husband will listen to me when I feel strongly about something, not all of us are lucky, some men just wait and wait thinking it will just go away. I hope yours will listen to your concerns and will do it for no other reason than to please or humor you. Prayers heading your way.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Severe sweating during sleep Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page