Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers for Melissa- update 2 -5-15
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for Melissa- update 2 -5-15 Next Topic
Page: of 12

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5077 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5077 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2014 :  11:56:57 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, her appointment is at 2 pm central time. Thursday, Jan 2,2014. Thank you!!!!

Connie
Imagine....#339
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2014 :  12:59:27 PM  Show Profile
I will be saying a special prayer for her tomorrow also.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2014 :  3:18:27 PM  Show Profile
Connie-
I will be on my knees at 2pm- I am off of work and hopefully will be done cleaning the house by then and will be praying and sending every bit of love I have in my heart! Positive thoughts, love and so many prayers for Melissa!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5077 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5077 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2014 :  3:26:42 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Heather and Lori!! God Bless you !

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5077 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5077 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2014 :  2:40:25 PM  Show Profile
Melissa did not get the results of the Pet scan today, she was tested for the gene for Ovarian Cancer too and if she carries the Gene, they will remove her ovaries also. She is still at the Hospital getting Pre- Surgery papers and admission forms filled out! keep praying!!

I started a prayer journal( a gift from Judy Mills) and I add every name that requests on the forum, so I can open the book and read them. My heart cannot thank you enough for praying for my dear Melissa.
Hugs!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2014 :  1:46:29 PM  Show Profile
continuing to pray <3

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5077 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5077 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2014 :  3:52:43 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, Thank you, Melissa mom just text me and her white count is high, they are trying to get her in to see her family Dr. I hope she is not getting the flu, she has a cough. Thank you everyone for your continued prayers. That poor child, my heart is breaking for her. and her parents

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2014 :  5:13:37 PM  Show Profile
Can she do anything herbal to help build her immune system or will that mess with the treatments? Was she able to see her doctor? My heart hurts for her!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2014 :  8:01:23 PM  Show Profile
praying for your dear family!! Please know we are praying for strength for all of you..... please know we are sending all the love we have!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2014 :  07:42:22 AM  Show Profile
Keeping her and you in prayer. What a beautiful smile she has.
I would like to send her a card. I will email you.

I would like to think that I will die a heroic death, but it's more likely I'll trip over my cat and choke on a spoonful of frosting.
Jenny, Blessed Farmgirl #4359
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5077 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5077 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2014 :  09:56:06 AM  Show Profile
I cannot THANK YOU all enough for praying for Melissa and her family. Shannon, I know Melissa and her mom take herbal vitamins and they do a Boot Camp workout sponsored by their employer. I worked for them too, until I had to take early retirement and I know they are very into herbal medicines ad well as traditional. I am not sure now, with all these appointments she has been going to, if she had to stop those. She is working every day she can, up till the surgery, with not sure how chemo and radiation will affect her. The good things is, Melissa can go and work in the office after hours, anytime she wants too, so if she feels better at 9 PM, instead of 9AM then she can go to work. She is very Blessed to have a CHRISTIAN employer!! The Dr. said those treatments will begin 2 weeks after surgery. I will be seeing her tomorrow afternoon and will try and find out where things stand at this time.

Jenny, She would love that!!

Shannon, I sent out some Tennessee information to your family yesterday.

Hugs! Stay Warm everyone!! Going to be bitter cold here for W. TN. down to 8 degrees for the low Sunday night!!!

Edited by - Killarney on Jan 05 2014 11:05:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  1:27:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the update Connie. Please keep us posted.
God bless you and your family.

I would like to think that I will die a heroic death, but it's more likely I'll trip over my cat and choke on a spoonful of frosting.
Jenny, Blessed Farmgirl #4359
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  4:54:14 PM  Show Profile
Just wondering if she could take any echinacea or something to boost her immune system. I can only imagine the anxiety of knowing that a simple cold can cause havoc. We went through that fear when my almost 5 yo had meningitis and encephalitis a few years ago. Definitely continuing to pray! Did she ever go see the doctor for her cough?

Thank you so much for sending out a postcard! We are so excited to be receiving so many.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  5:05:14 PM  Show Profile
my prayers go out to Melissa for healing and strength and healthy immune system.

blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3440 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3440 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  5:48:02 PM  Show Profile
My prayers go out to Melissa. May God keep her strong through this difficult time.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  09:17:02 AM  Show Profile
What a beauty! And,is that you beside her? Another beauty whomever it is! You know I have been praying for her and will continue to do so.

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5077 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5077 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  1:09:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Portia! That is her mom, My Aunt Judy. Judy is my Mom's baby Sister.

Melissa will be Checking in the hospital at 10 am Tomorrow Jan. 13th for surgery. Myself, my Holly and my DH and MOM, will be there along with other friends and family. I will post as soon as she is out of surgery. I just talked to her, she said, Thank you Farm Girls for your prayers and very special gifts!

Winnie, she got your Soft crocheted Pink hat and the gift form your Etsy Friends, a beautiful scarf and a Mirror in the cutest little pocket! She ask me to pass along a Thanks! until she can write ones herself!

I am so thankful that I am a part of this Sisterhood!! To know 24 hours a day, you can come here and as for prayer and Go to other forums to laugh a little, cry a little, swap books for candles and just be part of the best Girls in the world!!

XOXOXOXOXO
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  3:04:44 PM  Show Profile
Connie,
Will be praying for her tomorrow ... Please let us know when you can.

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  4:58:09 PM  Show Profile
My prayers will be there for her when she is in surgery. You take care as well

blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3440 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3440 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  5:14:16 PM  Show Profile
Praying all goes well tomorrow.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  11:48:17 AM  Show Profile
Praying that all is going well with Melissa's surgery today.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5077 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5077 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  3:50:51 PM  Show Profile
Farm girls! Thanks you so much for your prayers! The 5 1/2 surgery was only 4 1/2 hours, Everything went well, both breasts and lymph nodes removed and then the plastic surgeon took over and he said his part went so smooth , no complications ! Amen!!

A group of family and friends waited together in her room, if all goes well she gets to go home tomorrow evening or the next day for sure.

Her very close friend, Jane, said, "Connie, you will never know how the cards and letters and gifts from your Farm Sisters helped Melissa these past 3 weeks, waiting for surgery." She has all the cards posted on a louvered divider between her kitchen and den and she told Jane , Aren't these Farm Girls just the most amazing women, they don't know me and I'm sure there are so many people to pray for in their family and community and yet they took time to say all these encouraging words! Jane said, she read every one of them! Jane's eyes filled with tears, and she said, will you say thank you to those amazing farm Sisters for me! I said, Yes mam I will!

So Thank you and big hug from Jane !!!

I will be staying with her this Thursday and Friday, So I will take a picture of all the cards. I have not been to her house the past 2 times, she was at her mom's house.

We are all so thankful, they called up from surgery every 45 minutes to say, her BP and and breathing were fine and what stage in the surgery they were at.

We just got home, and I got hungry Kitty cats to feed!

Thank you all so much, please continue to pray for her in the coming weeks, she will have to have Chemo and Radiation. and everything was sent off to pathology, so those results may be in by the end of the week.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  4:46:01 PM  Show Profile
GREAT news Connie!

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  4:56:23 PM  Show Profile
Smiles, Prayers, and hugs go to Melissa and you Connie! God can do all things! Aren't we blessed!! Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  7:57:23 PM  Show Profile

I am so sad that such a sweet and beautiful soul had to go through this nightmare but so happy that the Lord had his hand on her and the surgeon...she will definitely need our prayers in the days to come...I know it has to be very emotionally devastating...please give her another big hug fom all of us...and know that she and all of your family is in our thoughts and prayers...

Hugs!

Judy

THERE IS ALWAYS...ALWAYS...ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR...

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for Melissa- update 2 -5-15 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page