Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2013 :  5:55:40 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Everyone. I made MJB's pie crust recipe for two pumpkin pies. What super delicious crust. Add to it organic pumpkin puree, Baking spices from one of our Farm Girls, cream instead of evaporated milk and we had extra special pumpkin pies. My family has requested one or more pumpkin pies each month! Well, I'll make some more for Christmas. Anyway, thank you Mary Jane for such a wonderful recipe and all the inspirations I receive from this forum.

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  07:26:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sylvia,

I so agree!! I bought the book when it first came out, looked through it and decided right then and there that I was going to try to make a pie. I don't like pie but my hubby and younger son love it and I do love to bake! I made a cherry pie one day and it was gone the next. It's a great recipe that I will continue to use for as long as I make pie. I always use MJ's crust recipe no matter what kind of pie I make and the pie never last for more than a day or two. (and I still don't eat it)

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ImaginationsInClay?
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  07:54:51 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Sylvia, for keeping your blog up-to-date. It's a pleasure to read the comings and goings of fellow farmgirls' recent adventures.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  08:35:15 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Sylvia and Marcelina! Love getting good feedback. I'm working on pie crusts today for the next issue of the mag, Feb/March. I tried s'more mini-pies last night but the graham cracker crust stuck to the tins--total failure! I'm going to try adding a bit of cornstarch today to see if that works. I know one thing for sure; all my trials and errors keep me well fed. The s'more topping was delish:)

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Pie Crust MJB recipe Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page