Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2013 :  2:19:29 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone tried this cocoa? It is wonderful! It has almost a Sasparilla/Root Beer taste with the cocoa. I love it for the holidays :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6611 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6611 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2013 :  4:00:07 PM  Show Profile
Today I took some pictures with my camera of my mom's old reindeer and bottle brush trees that were my grandmother's and were part of their Christmas decorations every year. I cannot find where they were made on them now but like Connie mentioned, they were often made in Japan and sold in the Woolworth and McCroy five and dime stores.

They post correctly so I guess I will have to always use my camera instead of my phone if I don't want the images posted sideways or upside down!! Anyway, it is always fun to get these oldies out each year. About 20 years ago my mom refurbished the Santas with new suits because they had aged and turned all brown and ugly. I also love those adorable trees in all sizes and a few colors.

Sharon, I have had some of the cocoa mixes from Bellagio and they are always good! This is a new flavor I have not seen but sounds like a must try to me! Loved the snow photos with the dog! I am sooooo jealous that you have snow!!

This thread is so fun. Love hearing what everyone is doing and planning. Lots of people are going to get some yummy gifts this year from the sound of things!

Winnie #3109

Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2013 :  4:37:08 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to back and read through everyone else's responses tomorrow morning when I have some quiet time to focus.

Today, I finally got my staircase decorated. We have our Advent calendar hanging on it. It is a beautiful set of cards on a festive ribbon. Each day, one of the boys pulls out the card, we read the scripture and devotion, sing a Christmas Carol and then I've added in a special activity for the day. We started doing this a few years ago because Christmas would pass us by and we'd realize there many little things we just forgot to do. Now, our December is filled with much laughter and love.

Love sharing these special moments with the boys!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5152 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5152 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2013 :  4:51:34 PM  Show Profile
Sharon that sounds yummy!
Winnie, I have the biggest smile on my face! You must be so proud to own them and the way you have them displayed is beautiful!
Wendy, what a special tradition!! It is so easy to get busy this time of year!!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

579 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
579 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2013 :  8:05:08 PM  Show Profile
Grandkids are coming over this weekend. We're going Saturday afternoon to a tree farm. They're having Newfoundland dogs there to pull sleds that will transport your tree from the field to the cashier in a warm barn shop. Kids are pretty excited to go there and enjoy the farm and the dogs. They are also serving hot cider and doughnuts. My quilting friend works there and gave me the scoop. It's also supposed to be our coldest day. We're getting that cold front that's hitting most of our country. Can't complain, we're getting the milder part of it. We are warmed by the Pacific Ocean.
I'm going to make an apple cake recipe I've never tried before. If the troops like it, I'll have something special to take to our holiday potluck.
House is decorated, sewing gifts like crazy. Lots of activities planned. So this Christmas season is full. Just the way I like it. Full but not crazy. I've done crazy--not my style!
Have a great holiday season....

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6611 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6611 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  04:50:53 AM  Show Profile
So much fun to hear all of these wonderful family activities!!

Wendy, my children very much loved the Advent calendar when they were growing up. I remember having one myself as a child (I still have it too) and it was so exciting to mark the days till Christmas. I am glad you found a tradition that adds more meaning and love to your holiday preparations!!

Sylvia, wow, that tree gathering event sounds so awesome! Newfoundland dogs to pull a sleigh with the trees? You must take some photos of all of this and share with us, OK?

Ha,ha, Connie, I knew you would like the old reindeer! You are so lucky to have the original box they came in. These are truly family treasures!!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5152 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5152 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  06:27:49 AM  Show Profile
This is from Judy Mills, Beautiful Judy! I am being her helper Picture Poster!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Dec 05 2013 06:36:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  06:59:25 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for posting the beautiful country church!!
Today, I'm off of work-celebrating my birthday by baking Snickerdoodles,Chocolate Cherry Nuggets and a hopefully a few more on the list and trying to clean and organize my kitchen that seems to be a dumping zone at this time...putting lots of things away and lots of dusting!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  08:46:35 AM  Show Profile

Thank you Connie...I just so wanted to share the beautiful church picture...actually someone else sent it to me and I think its a little church in Gatlinburg, TN...oh what a beautiful place...
Happy Birthday Lori:)...you shouldn't have to do some much work on your birthday...:(:(:(

Hugs!

Judy

THERE IS ALWAYS...ALWAYS...ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR...

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6611 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6611 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  10:11:31 AM  Show Profile
That church is quite lovely all tucked up there in the woods. I would love to go inside and attend a service.

To all those baking cookies today…. Farmgirls ROCK!! Too bad we can't get the great smells to come over the internet so we could all enjoy the baking! Happy Birthday Lori! Sounds like you have a wonderful agenda for your special day!!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  10:16:23 AM  Show Profile
Well, part of the kitchen has been picked up and cleaned and some decorations put out- my mom and I just got back from the cemetery and now just putting the next batch of cookies Pecan Shortbread drizzled with melted chocolate...yum!! I hope the family will enjoy these as much as I enjoy baking them!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5152 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5152 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  2:33:04 PM  Show Profile
Judy wants to share this beautiful picture of her wall hanging! Love it!
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  2:41:58 PM  Show Profile

Thank you:-) :-) :-)

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  4:33:28 PM  Show Profile
Judy and Connie-
Thank you so much for sharing the amazing photos!! They both have brought me peace today and I have come back to take a peek a couple times today! Thank you for making the day special for me and the other Farm Girls!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5152 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5152 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  4:42:00 PM  Show Profile

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  5:08:34 PM  Show Profile

Lori...so happy you've had a good day and enjoyed the pictures...thanks Ms. Connie for posting for me:-) :-) :-)

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  5:10:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sharon - according to the weather radio it should be snowing anytime now - by the end of tomorrow we should have 5-8 inches!! I'm so excited. Where do you get that hot chocolate? I've never heard of it but it sounds wonderful.

Happy Birthday Lori! Your cookies sounds wonderful.

Judy and Connie what wonderful pictures! I love red barns in white snow!! (Sometimes the snow gets a bit brown around my red barn LOL)

Winnie - I love the old decorations! Thanks for sharing some pictures. When the snow comes I'll share some pictures for you.

We're going to get our tree Saturday. I'll post some pictures so you can all be a part of it too!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  7:13:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, I just adore any pictures with snow. I love where I live here in the Pacific Northwest, but I really do miss the snow!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  9:25:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  05:14:21 AM  Show Profile

Beautiful...

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6611 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6611 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  05:56:24 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful photos from Connie and CJ!! CJ, I love your fun mix of vintage lights and ornaments in the bowl. Too cute!

Connie, I saved that red house and snow photo and made it into my screensaver! I think it is about the only way I will have of looking at a snowy landscape!

Wendy, I live here in Florida but grew up in Virginia. I too miss the snow, especially at this time of year and in January!

Have wonderful weekends, Farmgirls! Tis the season to be jolly, Fa,la,la,la,la!!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  07:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
In a bowl my hubby made from a big aspen burl. (He is a woodturner)

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6611 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6611 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  09:56:53 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh, CJ, that is a beautiful mix of wood and vintage ornaments! I think I might do the same thing myself for my dining room table as I have a bowl similar to that one. Great idea!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5152 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5152 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  11:16:54 AM  Show Profile
Winnie,that is one of my favorite pictures too. Like Heather said, Red barns in the snow! Just awesome!!

CJ! What a gorgeous collection! Vintage is the BEST! and how lucky are you, to be married to a woodturner!

Heather, I would love to see your tree!!

We are having rare weather here today,an Ice STORM(no snow Winnie).We had 1'4 inch of ice on the trees and power lines and are expected to get another 1/2 inch Saturday night! we are lucky,areas surrounding us are getting more ice and SNOW! We always get the ICE and rarely the PRETTY SNOW!

So I am finally getting my tree decorated and a few of my Granny' things that I cherish! We have lost 1 wise man over the last 35 years, I am still looking for him. The original prices are stamped on the bottom of each one in cents! that tells you how old they are! Warm hugs to all of you!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Dec 06 2013 11:19:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6611 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6611 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  1:57:13 PM  Show Profile
Connie, your creche has some of the same figurines as mine!! My Mom and Dad bought the set their first Christmas married in 1938 and she told me that it came from a five and dime store in Cincinnati , Ohio. I am so fortunate to have inherited the set. Our set also came has a few small celluloid goats for the shepherds. Most likely the set was added on to over a few years because there are pieces that look different. I just noticed your camels are standing. Mine are all sitting and we don't have a cow. So fun sharing these old treasures!!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Holidays: Previous Topic Farmgirl Holiday Virtual Gathering Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page