frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  5:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
I have been a member of this site for a long time and I have come and gone and gone and come back a few times.
I started being more scarce when I became ill with breast cancer. it seems everytime I think I am ready to come back, another new challenge emerges, and
this time it has been my dh who in july was diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer which is now in his bone.
our life has changed dramatically, he retired from his job and he is home with me.
he is not the first person I have taken care of on this journey but in some ways he is the most challenging and rewarding.
as an occupational therapist and music therapist I have worked with many people who have found themselves dealing with lifes challenges.
I have returned here because in many ways it feels like home. msny of the women that I met here seem to be gone as well, but some like nancy jo, Marybeth, jonni, miss Wilma and janice are like old farmgirl sisters, and just seeing their posts brings a little tug to my heart.
so I hope to learn about many of the new farmgirls here and also refresh my memories of the farm girls that my weary brain cant remember ...
sometimes this old place feels like a long lost friend.

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

Edited by - frannie on Nov 21 2013 5:44:58 PM

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  6:38:16 PM  Show Profile
frannie it is good to see you back..you have drifted in and out since i found "the farm".....sending hugs to you.....

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  6:50:42 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks so much for the welcome, margo. I have been very busy for a while , my husband was misdiagnosed for about 2 years and had 1 unnecessary surgery before they discovered his real problem. it is so great to be back here I have been on facebook for a while and rediscovered so many of my hometown friends. its good to finally have a little time to start being out in the world again.
thanks again for your welcome

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  05:24:54 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,

It is so wonderful to see that you are back with us. I am so sorry that life has been throwing you so many curves, but I am also very glad that you found your way back to us. Please believe me when I tell you that you have been very missed around here and have been thought of more than you know.

much love &
big hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3105 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3105 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  06:53:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie,
I am relatively new to MJF (almost a year). I know what you mean about the feeling you get from being here. It's such a wonderful group of ladies to laugh with and lean on. I'm sorry to hear of the challenges you've been faced with. I will be praying for you and your husband and hope to get to know you better through the forum. Sending a big hug your way!!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16411 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16411 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  07:30:13 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Frannie. It's good to hear from you again.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  08:02:22 AM  Show Profile
Dear Frannie,
It's good to see you back. I remember you from posting years ago. As a fellow breast cancer survivor, I understand the challenges you have faced on that score. I am so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. You understand the cancer thing from your own experience, but the severity of his condition is a great concern.

Your work has prepared you for more than many have experienced, but it IS more difficult helping someone who you love, who has been a part of you for years. Your words, "challenging and rewarding" speak to that. My prayers are with you and him. Please know that we care and want to be of support in any way we can!

Keep us posted. Even if its just a short note, know that we will be pulling for you. A moment with friends can be a big help!

Hugs,
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  08:19:46 AM  Show Profile
Welcome home Frannie <3 I've been here off and on forever too and see so many of us old timers less and less, but still always glad to see those that have stayed, the new ones as they arrive and remembering those that have gone other paths with fondness.. It's so good to have you back with us. Even though you've been and still are facing huge challenges and difficulties, you always come at life with such spirit. Welcome back sister

You must do the thing you think you cannot do
-Eleanor Roosevelt

She with the most chickens wins

Annika
Farmgirl & Sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  12:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
oh, you all tugged at my heart strings with your sweet welcomes. I had to share them with my husband Country. TODAY I am hoping to work on the farm and get the house in order and also get some of my outside work done.
I keep looking on the site for aunt jenny and wonder where she is . but I also see that many are still here. it is nice to be welcomed by you heather and I hope we will learn more about each other. I do love it here and will be catching up on all of you as I can. love you.

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  1:43:36 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Back Frannie!!!!

It is good to see you! I will also be keeping your honey (and you!)in prayer. May the Lord heal your husband and give you both the strength and encouragement you need day to day.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  3:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thank you Sharon,, we appreciate all the prayers we can get and believe they have helped tremendously

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9388 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9388 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2013 :  4:37:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh Frannie it is so good to see you back again. You have been missed! I will keep you and your husband in prayer. I have had many life changes going on myself and I know how sometimes things like the forum have to take a backseat for a while. Look forward to seeing you here again.
hugs,

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2013 :  4:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks so much denise, I am looking forward to catching up with everyone. I tried this before and then we had another turn in the road.

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

solarray
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Deborah
Texas
9 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  10:14:01 AM  Show Profile
Hello frannie from a fellow Texan,

Whereabouts in Texas do you hail from, I myself am down south.
Hope all is well for you on this chilly day and look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Deb

Sister #4855
Be kind to our planet, it's the only one we have.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  11:34:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Fran and sisters,
Yes, life is a journey and it is a good thing to be able to have a place to come to share our thoughts when needed. The sisterhood is a wonderful sounding board, with many functions to our living. We share, we reconcile our difficulties and challenges that come our way, we learn, and basically let each one "be, become, and belong". So many interests and walks of life come together here. So many sisters and their families are ill, have hardships, and others are blessed in being at a place of free and easy. Living is filled with cycles and our personal journeys. But how great to come to the MaryJanesFarm Farmgirl Connection to just "be" and to "take what is good" from our shared wisdom and experiences. Welcome back Fran. May you be comforted and have strength. Remember sisters, we can never see around the corner, but must have faith to keep walking toward what we know is true and right. Thank you all for your place in my life.
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  5:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
Deborah, I was born in Austin, but spemt my first 20 years in Galveston county. for the last 40 years I hve been in north texas, denton, plano and now for 20 years in rural fannin county. we have a small, 16 acrea farm with an assortment of miscellaneous animals. angora goats, dogs, a cat and whatever else comes in and out of our life. we live a small cottage life and seasonally we have ladybugs and praying mantis that decide to come live with us.
I am retired now but spent 25 years as an occupational therapist and also a music therapist./bluegrass musician. now I am a retired farmgirl/omie /crafter. and recently have begun a full time caretaking of my husband who has had to join me in retirement due to poor health. have you always lived in tesas, and where in south texas are you. annie, thank you for your welcome back post as well. this is an amazing site and I have loved being a part of it for a very long time. I hope I will continue to meet new farmgirsl and learn more skills and techniques from everyone. it is a joy to be back.

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

solarray
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Deborah
Texas
9 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  6:40:54 PM  Show Profile
it sounds like you have quite the bountiful life there on your farm. i was born and raised in san antonio, but when we got married my husband was in the military and we moved around quite a bit. when the time came for us to find a place to settle i wanted to go home but san antonio is to big for me now so we settled on the coast in corpus.
i love your tag line "where no scrap is left behind" so i had to go and check out your blog, you have some wonderful skills and have made some amazing and darling things. i scanned a few of your posts and the christmas one about not purchasing new things struck a cord with me, i try and live by this as well, although sometimes especially at after christmas sales it can be hard to turn a blind eye to some of the trimmings that are right up my alley.
i'm sorry to hear about your husband, i know it can be a tough road to travel with someone you are close to. i always believe in keeping my chin up and looking for those unexpected silver linings and small everyday joys.

Sister #4855
Be kind to our planet, it's the only one we have.
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  9:45:39 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks so much, Deborah for the encouragement and especially for reading my blog at abunnystale.wordpress.com . I haven't written there for a while but I have been thinking about posting again when I have more time. I cant believe you were born in san Antonio. it is a wonderful city and I think one of the best places in texas. I just recently rediscovered it because I have 2 grandchildren in boerne. that whole part of texas is pretty charming. thanks again Deborah for your lovely posts and I am glad we both came to this site and met each other.

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5181 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5181 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  07:48:29 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Frannie! I guess I was new in coming when you were going. Praying for your family! I love that "No scrap left behind!" That sounds like my Granny! Hugs!
I am a cat lady so I am leaving you a picture that makes me smile, Hope it makes you smile too!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  08:30:14 AM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie,
It is good that you pop in and say HELLO now and again. Sometimes coming here (to MJ's) means a break in things we really don't want to do.
You know I took care of my Husband for 4 yrs and we became such best friends by the end of his time. Not that we weren't but it does put a different perspective on things. So laugh act silly and know love is there.
MaryBeth

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4741 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4741 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  2:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Frannie. I have really missed seeing your posts. I pray life will calm down for you. I hope you can take more breaks to come back here and on your blog. It's nice you are reconnecting with old friends on Facebook too.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  9:20:33 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
hi Marybeth, it is good to see you here and thank you for sharing with me about your time with your husband. I have tried to come back here a couple of times and would get overwhelmed or feel sad about how much I had missed out on. I hope to be here more often cause it is truly a wonderful site. with so many great women.
dawn thank you for the welcome back as well, my husband has been sick for about 3 years but was misdiagnosed until this past july. it seems our life has settled down for a while and at least I am able to check on the computer every couple of days. thanks again to all who have welcomed me back.

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  10:06:29 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back to the farm, Frannie! We are all praying for you with your family's challenges!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2013 :  7:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks Winnie, I love your name red tractor girl. and thanks so much for your prayers.

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2013 :  06:15:14 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I have missed your posts and am glad to see you back. I am so sorry to hear about all that you and hubby have had to deal with. You are in my prayers.

Karin
Farmgirl Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2013 :  6:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thank you so much Karin, I have tried a couple of times to get back with the group here and then we would have a new twist in the road and country and I would be in dallas getting his medical needs seen to. we were there for 20 days in july and I hope that we are home now for a while. I am enjoying catching up with everyone and seeing how their lives have been . so many new farmgirls and a lot of girls that I don't see here.
thanks so much for the welcome.

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic well, i hope i am back..... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page