Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  05:30:23 AM  Show Profile
For the last two weeks I have had the most annoyingly itchy scalp. It is a very dry climate here and with the heat on again my scalp hurts nonstop. I try washing my hair only every two to three days. My hair dryer is locked away in a drawer, but honestly I don't use it all that much anyway. Anyone have advice for my scalp?

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  06:44:41 AM  Show Profile
Perhaps deep conditioning after shampooing might help. Also, if you don't already take them, adding vitamin e and omega 3 supplements to your diet might help too.

Good luck finding some relief!
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  10:06:01 AM  Show Profile
tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner often helps... looking forward to seeing other's responses
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  6:45:47 PM  Show Profile
Apple cider vinegar and coconut milk work fabulous for me.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  05:24:20 AM  Show Profile
Do you rinse with the vinegar and coconut milk or leave it on awhile? Or do you ingest it? Does it make your hair greasy?
Thank you,

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  5:29:16 PM  Show Profile
I mix it together and use it as a rinse. My hair doesn't feel greasy but usually the first day after I use the rinse it still has a "wet" look to it. I've gotten to where I only use this mixture maybe twice per week. My scalp feels much better and my hair does not get all knotted up like it used to and I can leave it down now. Before I had to keep it in braids to keep it from getting so knotty. I am still tinkering with my ratios on my mixture to get it "right". I'd like to not have my hair still looking wet after it dries when I do it, but if that is what I have to deal with to keep my head feeling so good, I can manage. Right now I am using an empty Dr. Bronner's bottle and mix 1 can coconut milk, 1/2 can ACV , then I put a couple of squirts in a cup and dilute with water to pour over my hair (while it is dry). On the nights when I don't use this rinse, I just rinse my hair with water.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Itchy dry scalp Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page