Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Aspiration in the operating Room ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Aspiration in the operating Room ? Next Topic  

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  5:48:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone ~ Had a simple colonostomy on Monday and I aspirated during the procedure . I woke up having drs and nurses yelling at me to cough... What a scary feeling , I was in the recovery for hrs taking breathing treatments, vomiting AND HAVING A REACTION TO THE BREATHING TREATMENTS.. I've never had anything scare me so bad ... I'll never have another one done . I drank some mixture they gave me and I decided to add some lemon Crystal lite to it .. I have a hiatial hernia so this didn't help matters. They kept me in the hospital for 2 days and all I do is cough up stuff out of my chest and wheeze . Any suggestions from anyone ? I greased my chest with Vicks, I love Vicks .

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  9:40:07 PM  Show Profile
Did they do a chest x-ray? It's very important to get all that gunk out of your lungs. What a scary experience.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  05:09:41 AM  Show Profile
Alanna, did the doctor advise you to come back for a recheck of your chest? Aspiration causes major irritation to the lungs which is why you keep coughing up stuff. If you are still feeling concerned, I suggest you call the doctor back and request to be seen to make sure that your lungs are clearing up as they should be. It might take a week or more before you feel better but in the meantime, you want to make sure that no infection is setting in. This was a terrible ordeal and no wonder you were terrified! Please be careful and don't put off getting your chest checked out.

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  08:48:57 AM  Show Profile
I am sorry that I don't have any information to share Alanna. I just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  4:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone, I'm going to have x-rays Monday morning, I've had bronchitis before and been short of breath, but I'm even more short of breath. I got a little machine I have to breathe into 10 x a hr.., the dr gave me a different antibiotic, the other one was killing my stomach... Thanks for the tips ..
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Aspiration in the operating Room ? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page