Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Outpost
 "Reiver's Rest" - this & that - memories! :D
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Outpost: Previous Topic "Reiver's Rest" - this & that - memories! :D Next Topic
Page: of 16

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2014 :  2:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Mary Jane!
Thanks to all of you for your compliments! It has been a great winter project and as I work on her I'm more and more grateful for the fact that she is in very, very good condition!
Hubby and I will be back to finishing up the wiring project tomorrow!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2014 :  3:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
So, today hubby and I are both crawling around under the "Reiver's Rest" working on getting the wiring re-established. Poor hubby hit himself just about on the eyebrow area of his left eye with the wire stripper tool, broke the skin and hurt . . OWWWWWWWEEEEE!
We're getting there!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2014 :  5:30:51 PM  Show Profile
owwweeee !!! Please be very careful under there. There have been some deadly accidents while working under trailers. Make sure ALL wheels are choaked and the corner jacks are in place both front and back. You can never be too careful....PLEASE.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2014 :  3:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Daizy! We're actually in good shape for chocking, etc. But, you're right, there are so many folks who just don't take proper precautions and prepare.
Today, we discovered more "jury-rigging" in the tail/brake light assemblies on the back of the trailer! Arrrggghhh!
I'm SOOOOOOO grateful for my hubby and his knowledge for all of this and willingness to help me out! Bless him!!
We'll get there!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2014 :  6:52:27 PM  Show Profile
CJ everything you have done is amazing (of course I wouldn't expect any less from creative you!!!)
Good luck with all the technical/electrical stuff. That's not the fun stuff, but the necessary stuff!
I'm sure between you and Bill you will figure it all out in no time!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  3:09:58 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
YAY! Finally, got the tail/turn/brake lights on the trailer working . . . what a rat's nest of jury-rigged wiring to work through.
Yup, somewhat frustrating! Once again, I have to say a huge, huge THANK YOU to my hubby, Bill . . . for his patience, knowledge and expertise.
Now to get both ends of the 7-blade plug sections wired up.
Whew!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Apr 23 2014 3:11:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  9:52:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh Ceejay... yep, hubbies are the Best!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2014 :  3:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
The lights and stuff on the trailer are DONE! YAY!!!! Gotta do the 7-blade on the van, which won't be nearly as crazy as the trailer!

Stamp the VIN # on the frame as the state patrol VIN inspector officer suggested, get the inspection and then go for the title and registration. He's already verified the VIN # and title, but it's also his job to do the safety compliance (lights) inspection as well.

THEN, must do some remodel on the hitch before it can go traveling, but, once again, hubby knows what he's going to do and is very good at it!!!

CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Apr 25 2014 3:37:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  12:12:27 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
YAY! YAY!! YAY!!!
VIN# verification and safety compliance inspection done!
I have a certificate of inspection from the Colorado State Patrol in my hands!
HALLELUJAH!
ANSWERS TO PRAYERS! I'm soooooooo relieved!!!!

Next hurdle: going to county clerks office to get title and registration. My previous attempt was only frustration!
Prayers appreciated! Will tackle this one next week!

CJ

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  09:16:22 AM  Show Profile
I hear ya!!!!
We are doing (going through) the same with our little vtg. Viking trailer... there is a VIN,,, but it is not in the system... and it appears no one has bothered to keep up the registration in well over a dozen years... also, no title.. so we need to do a VIN search/Inspection/Title Search.. The good thing is,,, because the trailer has been out of the system,,, we don't have to pay the 'back' registrations... that could have cost us more then the trailer is worth.. and on the plus side,,, because it is under 15 ft., we only have to reg. it every 5 years.. whew! I like having the tags good for 5 years... My Serro Scotty is 15 ft., so it only needs to be reg. every 5 years too!
Our problem, is the trailer is towable,,, but I am worried about it's road worthy-ness... so I am going to see if our little local CHP (hwy Patrol) can send/have someone stop by when out in our neck of the woods, while patrolling the mountains... one of the challenges of living in a mountain community is not having the convience of DMV/DOL/CHP/ST etc...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  4:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Wellllll, the trip to the county clerk's office didn't reap the results I was hoping for. Have to do MORE paperwork. I DO have the inspection certificates which puts us ahead of the "In Lieu of Bond" procedure we have to go through. Have to have record searches done in Colorado and Arizona (the title I have is an Arizona title) and go from there. Colorado paperwork in the mail today, Arizona has to be notarized so I have to go to town to get that before mailing . . . bleh!

I DID GET the temporary registration and permit! So, the "Reiver's Rest" CAN go on the road! The permit is good for 60 days (into July) and when it expires, if I don't have the title work done yet, they will renew the permit. This title/registration business and all the "gotta do's" and "gotta have's" . . . and forms, forms, forms . . . it's mind boggling and frustrating! The permit and record searches are not costing much . . a total of $11.42, but the paperwork, time involved and frustration levels . . . ACK!

We'll get there!

Gracie, call your state patrol and ask if there is a VIN inspection officer available. He/she should also be able to tell you what you need to do for safety compliance, road worthiness, etc. That's what I had to do and he was very helpful and with his computer/printer setup in his patrol vehicle he was able to complete and print the certificates right here and right now. Cost for those was $20.00.

The things we go through for our little glampers, huh?? :D
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 13 2014 4:21:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  4:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Today . . . working on the roof to get it ready for roof coating. This little trailer is in great condition but the roof does need some attention. This IS Colorado and it has been sitting in the mountains for several years at high altitude with LOTS of intense Colorado sunshine and winter snows! Sanding, scraping and preparing the surface! Glad it's small! But, I get to be out in the sunshine doing it! :D
CJ

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 14 2014 :  10:06:48 PM  Show Profile
In our little mountain community,, our local CHP (trooper) office is limited... but the DMV will work with us on getting the VIN checked and start on the title search... since the trailer is now in repair mode we can do a ."Non_op" on it.. but we still have to start the registration process.. I have 4 forms I had to pull up online,,, and fill out... did I mention,,, I Hate doing DMV paper work? lol!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on May 14 2014 10:07:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - May 14 2014 :  10:08:09 PM  Show Profile
I am sitting on the edge of my seat with anticipation! Can't wait to see more pictures of your gorgeous trailer!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - May 15 2014 :  5:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Gracie,
The paperwork just drives me BONKERS!!!! I've gotten everything completed and mailed that I can right now . . .it's just wait and hope and pray! It just boggles my mind that things get so cotton-pickin' complicated! Good luck on your process!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - May 15 2014 :  5:27:15 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My hubby is VERY GOOD at fixing things, creating and inventing things, good at SOOOOO MANY necessary things . . boy am I GRATEFUL!

So, he's going to remodel the hitch on my little glamper trailer, which is a good thing. It still has the original hitch and just has seen too many "winters".

His very favorite place to shop for the things he needs to build, fix, create, etc. is the local salvage yard. So, today I went shopping with him to the salvage yard for the steel parts and pieces he will need to do the hitch remodel. Now, this salvage yard is a MAJOR . . . and I MEAN MAJOR operation! WOW! It is unbelievable what they process through that place, the HUGE piles . . . organized too . . of everything imaginable! And the equipment they have to sort and move stuff! My, oh my!! And, yup . . . he found everything he needed for my trailer hitch remodel for a few bucks! YAY for hubby!

(Also found a switch off a riding lawnmower to replace the one on our riding mower . . . after crawling around in this pile of dead motorcycles, bicycles, snowmobiles and every kind of lawnmower you can imagine!)

Tomorrow I put the coating/paint on the roof of the "Reiver's Rest"! Spent the last two days sanding, scraping, caulking, etc. to get it ready! Will be glad when this part is done cuz my legs are tired of going up and down ladders. I have two ladders, one on each side of the trailer because I have to go back and forth from side to side and didn't want to have to keep constantly moving one ladder. Trusting the weather to cooperate tomorrow!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 15 2014 5:28:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - May 16 2014 :  12:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
The roof on the "Reiver's Rest" is DONE!! DONE!!!! DONE!!!! YAY!!!
It looks spectacular too!!
An older gentleman, friend of my hubby, came by to see my hubby while I was finishing up and told me the glamper was looking really good!!!! :D

My senior citizen legs are ready to not be going up and down those ladders for a while. I do realize, however, it is good exercise! I may have to go do that a few times a week, just to keep them in shape! :D
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - May 23 2014 :  5:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
The finished roof! Robin and I will paint the rest of the trailer next month when she is here. We're talking about doing something more creative with the stripes other than just plain stripes. And perhaps we'll do some type of border just above the clearance lights on both front and back where the roof coating ends and the rest of the painting will start. Guess you'll have to check back then to see what . . :D

A pot of smiling, welcoming pansies by the glamper door. I love pansies!

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 23 2014 8:46:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 23 2014 :  5:21:42 PM  Show Profile
It is looking so good. I can't wait to see it after you and Robin get it painted. We have to get rid of our small camper, we just bought a motorhome to live on the road. We plan on traveling every state.

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - May 24 2014 :  05:15:01 AM  Show Profile
Your camper is really looking spiffy! The roof looks great as well as the entire outside. Do you have any plans to take it out for a weekend soon?

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - May 24 2014 :  4:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Winnie,
We're getting closer and closer to taking it out. I did get my temporary permit so I can take it out (still working on title stuff!). My hubby is in the process of remodeling the hitch as it still has the original one and it just needs work. Easier and more efficient to remodel than try to rework the original.
Time will tell!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 24 2014 :  9:24:44 PM  Show Profile
She is really beautiful--and the perfect size.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - May 27 2014 :  04:50:43 AM  Show Profile
Hay there Mz CJ,

You are getting closer and closer to hitting the road. And she looks amazing!!! Did I miss a post? Did you tell what you applied to the roof? I am not quite there yet but I have a long list of To-Dos for two Scotty campers. One is the roof sealer so I am gathering info.

Looking good!!!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 28 2014 :  08:47:18 AM  Show Profile
Looking Good missy...
and before you know it,,, you & Birdie & Bramble will be on the road... doing the Happy dance for you!
hugz

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - May 28 2014 :  08:58:37 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Daizy,
I used Kool-Seal Elastomeric coating for aluminum roof. Primed it first with Zinsser Bull's Eye 1-2-3 primer (for metal).
That was after sanding, scraping,(then cleaning with 409 and rinse well) repainting the vent frame (used Rustoleum Rust Reformer spray paint first and then Rustoleum Gloss Spray paint with primer for topcoat), using butyl caulk and butyl tape on screwheads (around vent frame) and seams, etc. Butyl caulk works well but it is annoying to work with, makes "hair" and sticks to everything! The tape is much easier to use but I like using the caulk over the screwheads.
Hope that helps!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 28 2014 09:00:55 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Outpost: Previous Topic "Reiver's Rest" - this & that - memories! :D Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page