Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Where do you turn?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Where do you turn? Next Topic  

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  09:36:04 AM  Show Profile
It seems I'm been having "one of those days" for quite a while now. The kind of day where nothing is going as planned, everything is becoming more stressful that it needs to be, there's not enough money for everything, etc. You know how it is because we're all there at one time or another. So, my question for all my farm sisters is this - where do you turn in the bible to get your spirits lifted, your strength to face the day returned, or just to feel God's love? I pray many times throughout the day and I believe God will take care of my needs in His time (not mine) but some days it's hard to remain positive and focus on the good rather than the bad. I don't know the bible as well as I need to and would appreciate your guidance in where to turn. Thank you all so much.
Hugs,

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  11:50:54 AM  Show Profile

Heather,

I think the Book of Proverbs in the Bible and also Psalms is a great place to read...also a website called BibleGateway.com offers daily devotionals and other Bible related materials...sometimes it is so hard to keep our faith strong as we face the challenges of life...but that is when we must hold on and trust God though the day gets rough...God will always see us through...so many people want to give up instead of seeking out help and answers...I am so thankful that you have turned here for prayer and guidance...

Hugs!

Judy

"A Falling Leaf is Summer's Wave Goodbye"...

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3463 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3463 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  12:02:26 PM  Show Profile
Heather
Judy has the best advise I can give. You are doing great praying and I too will pray right there with you.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  12:56:58 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
I am sending my prayers up for you.

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5151 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5151 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  12:58:26 PM  Show Profile
Heather, Bless your heart! I will be praying for your needs! Judy's words above are how I feel too, I take one day at a time. Don't try to carry tomorrow's burdens, Take your burdens to the Lord and leave them there, like the old Gospel Hymn sings. Boy it gets rough, I know! I have had to hold on to my faith for dear life at times, but you know, God always brought me though and supplied what I needed at the right time, Looking back I can see, why when I thought he was not listening to me, that he was doing it in his time, for the life of me I could not see it then, but months later I see why. I think the rough times are when nothing but Faith will bring us thru! Big Hug!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  1:29:51 PM  Show Profile
I try to read Isaiah 40:31:

But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Hope this helps!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/sherone

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  1:43:27 PM  Show Profile

Sherone,

I love this scripture also...thanks for sharing...very fitting for Heather's needs as well as the rest of us...

Hugs!

Judy

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  5:47:20 PM  Show Profile
I have a little sign in my kitchen that helps me each day...
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified for the Lord your God goes with you;
He will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
This helps to remind me I'm not alone. When we went through Hurrican Sandy, we had leaks all over
the house in places we'd never knew could leak. I knew we would be fine and that others would be
worse off than us- but I just kept my daughter close during the night and kept reading this little
sign and in the morning, the sun came out and we began to fix what we could.
Heather- I like the website www.pe.ag.org. You can sign up for a daily Pentecostal Daily Boost. I
read mine every morning when it comes through and it sets my mind for the day. They are short
passages to help us take it one day at a time. I'm praying for you and asking for special blessings to
come to you.
:0) Consider yourself hugged- no, make that squeezed!

I'm counting my blessings today instead of my calories.

Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a very large amount of gratitude. A.A.Milne

Jenny, Blessed Sister #4359
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  6:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Heather,
I certainly can identify with you . . . this year has been one of struggles for me as well.
One thing that I spend a lot of time with, over and over and over, is Psalm 23! I just try to focus on a little bit at a time as to WHO our SHEPHERD really is and WHAT HE DOES PROVIDE! That concentrated focus coupled with prayer is helping me.
There is nothing easy about it and some days and some moments are more difficult than others!
I will be PRAYING FOR YOU!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  6:42:32 PM  Show Profile

CJ,

I went to the website that Jenny posted...guess what the scripture was for today...exactly the same scripture you are talking about...isn't it amazing how God works:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  07:28:18 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much ladies for your kind words and prayers. I will be looking at the websites in a few minutes. Just knowing you girls are here to help is very comforting.
Hugs to you all!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  08:57:02 AM  Show Profile
Heather - Start with a little prayer for direction and head right into the Psalms. If anyone has been there, it was David; and although not all the Psalms were written by him, I am sure you will find great comfort and direction by starting there. I'm so sorry you're going through this difficult time. God loves you, He is there, He hears all of your prayers, and is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Just watch for His signs and soak in His Word. You are in my prayers, sister! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  09:10:22 AM  Show Profile
Heather, I agree with all the advise here...I love reading Psalms. My favorite is Psalms 96, in the New King James version (they all read beautifully, but I like the poetry of NKJ) This psalms always lifts my spirit, focuses me on Him and make me really enjoy the nature around us. Hope you find peace and listen to whatever it is God is trying to speak to you!

Blessings

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  10:37:38 AM  Show Profile
Heather,

I am praying for the Lord to bring you comfort and provision. It is difficult at times (I know) to focus on Him when things turn upside down.
I think we all struggle from time to time, we know what we are to do and how we should act. The important thing is to draw near to the Lord. Immerse your self in Him, in His word and surround yourself with worship and praise.

A goal of mine for this year was/is to memorize at least 2 verse a month. I have a journal and I try to write them down everyday to help me memorize His word so in times like these I can pull them out and meditate on them and use them to encourage others.

Some verse I have memorized are:

Isaiah 40:31, 2 Corinthians 12:9, Philippians 4:6-8, Isaiah 26:3, Joshua 1:9, Romans 4:3-5, Psalm 27:14. All of God's word is awesome and there is always something to learn. Remember that God's word does not come back void for the purpose in which He sent it :)

Trials can either draw us closer to Him or pull us away from Him. I am praying for the Lord to draw you near to Him and grant you peace in your heart as well as provisions for needs.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  4:09:56 PM  Show Profile
Praying that those days will soon be far behind you. Keep your spirits up. Hugs.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  6:14:30 PM  Show Profile
Heather,

Oh my goodness.....how many times have so many of us felt the same way. God's word is comforting. Sometimes you may read something that does not necessarily deal with your present situation, but you somehow draw comfort that you are indeed reading the words of God.

I might also recommend Corinthians as well as Psalms and Proverbs.

Something that I've done before that might help....put in writing what you are feeling and needing prayer for; whatever it is that you need God's help with. Put that paper in an envelope, seal it, pray about it, then tear it up in little pieces. You've turned it over to Him, so just stand back and watch Him work.

You're in my prayers!

Lots of hugs,
Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"

www.etsy.com/shop/FeedSackFarm
www.etsy.com/shop/Chronographica
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  9:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Heather,
In addition to everyone's advice I suggest you go online to Max Lucado.com and sign up for all his daily devotions. He is always positive and uplifting. Prayers for your peace and comfort.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  10:54:36 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies. I have singed up for a few daily devotionals. What a great idea emtfarmer! I will try that too.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  09:17:44 AM  Show Profile
I want to say thank you again. I signed up for some e-mails from your recommended sites and they have been speaking right to me! It's amazing how God works. While my problems are not over I now feel more at peace with my situation and more able to give them over to God to do his work.

Thank you CJ for the booklets that you sent. I can not wait to get finished with my chores so I can start reading them. You're such a blessing.

Thanks again ladies!!!
Hugs,

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  08:39:05 AM  Show Profile
Heather, glad to hear you are feeling better in the Lord. Don't forget: He will never leave you nor forsake you....even though you may think He does. When you think He does is when He carries you, not lets you walk. Prayers are with you. My He also give you the peace that passeth all understanding. He is the only one with these powers.

God bless you,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  9:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Heather,
Trusting the Lord and continuing to pray for you!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  06:21:46 AM  Show Profile
Heather, sorry you are having challenges. Sometimes our plans are not God's plans. We just can not see the big picture. Do not dispair, I have faith that he has a wonderful plan for you. Sometimes our struggles are examples to teach others. Hope things settle down for you soon. Take care.
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  08:45:29 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for all your kind words, prayers, and suggestions ladies. As I mentioned before I signed up for some of the newsletters and there is a prayer included in one that I would like to share. It's really helped me.

"Your love is permanent, Lord. Transform me as I understand more deeply your undying affection for me. When I am in situations where I cannot sense your love, give me the faith to trust that you are still there and that I am always in your care."

There are so many times in my life that I'm praying for something HUGE (such as right now we need a new farm), and when things are not working out I feel defeated and angry. If I instead pray to feel God's love and trust him to see me through I would enjoy my days a lot more!
Hugs to all,

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  11:43:14 AM  Show Profile
Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way Heather.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  8:31:35 PM  Show Profile
Thinking of you, hope things look brighter soon.
Denise
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Where do you turn? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page