True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  09:32:36 AM  Show Profile
Reclusive?

I find I love to be at home. If I never had to leave, I would be perfectly content. And over the years, I crave being at home more and more.

This is something my husband and I argue over. I do work 3 days a week in a dental office. But on my days off the thought of going to town or running errands gives me anxiety attacks. I HATE going to stores, banks, or the schools. I go to the gym, but at 5am when there is no one there. And usually I go on days I have to work, so on my days off I can stay home.

This is something that is getting progressively worse. When I am forced to go shopping, I stock up on food and toiletries so I don't have to go to town for months at a time.

I find nothing wrong with this, although I don't think the anxiety attacks are that healthy. I have always been a home-body.

Who else is reclusive? What are your views?

Thanks
Arttie

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  1:16:23 PM  Show Profile
No Artie, there is something very wrong with this. My late mother suffered from the same thing and it was so bad that she would hardly move from the chair in the living room. Get help now. This will affect your life, your marriage, and your own peace of mind. See your doctor ASAP and start working on this problem now! Don't ignore it! My mother's life was awful due to her refusal to see anything wrong and she never got help for it. Life is to be lived. You are in my prayers.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  1:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Well, I have mixed thoughts on this. I'm introverted and prefer to be reclusive as well. However, do get to church etc.
Health issues for me have a lot to do with it also.
I would prefer to remain in my home as well. Mostly do as my car is down for the time being. I think there should be a bit of a balance tho? Just staying hidden from everyone and everything is probably not the best thing. But I see nothing wrong with enjoying alone time either.
Try and find a balance that works for you and your family.

Blessings,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

danyel
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Danyel
Robertsdale PA
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  2:50:45 PM  Show Profile
I have to agree, balance. Although there is many a day I would prefer to stay home. If you are experiencing panic attacks when you need to go into town on you day off my concern is how long until it impacts your ability to go to work? Or to an event that later you may be devastated to have missed. But, if I miss read your post and you are still able to go out and enjoy events then the concern is a little less. Keeping you in prayer.

Danyel
Farmgirl sister 4202
Go to Top of Page

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  5:29:31 PM  Show Profile
I do go out with Hubby. We do spend time with friends and family. I just do not like large crowds. And when I go to Walmart, if it starts to get crowded I start feeling very anxious and sick.

I love my job, and look forward to going to work. But maybe that is because I know what to expect there and have control of my environment.

Hubby starts to get upset when I get overwhelmed by our busy schedule, and I feel I can't keep up. With 5 kids (although 2 are grown) somebody always needs something. And some days I just put my foot down and say 'no'.

I know this is all just rambling on and on.....
Thanks
Arttie
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  6:42:50 PM  Show Profile
I think what you are experiencing is called agoraphobia (???). People with severe cases literally are terrified to leave their homes. I believe you should see someone professional--a psychologist or therapist--who can counsel you on how to overcome this fear before it becomes debilitating. Because it will. It's not normal to have panic attacks (I've had them) and though they sometimes dissipate on their own, most of the time they don't. There's nothing wrong with seeing a counselor and they can gently guide you to a place of more freedom. I hope this makes sense. I believe you want to be free--to choose to stay at home or to go to town--but don't let this phobia make those decisions for you. In Galations it says: "For freedom Christ set us free." Don't let anything rob you of your freedom.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  11:45:28 PM  Show Profile
Great topic! I'm the same, the older I get, the more I prefer to just stay home. It seems like such a hassle to go anywhere and even a simple trip to the grocery store to pick up a few things, ends up costing a fortune.

In my case, there are several reasons I don't like to go out. Mostly I don't really have anywhere to go. Nothing much I need to shop for, other than groceries. I don't know anyone where we live now, no family or friends here. I don't want to spend any money either. I don't like coming home to an empty house, so I don't like to go out when hubby's not home or with me.

But I'm not afraid to leave the house, I just like being at home.

Ruby ~ Sister #3597
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2013 :  1:49:31 PM  Show Profile
there's nothing wrong with you, lol, I am the same way, only differance is I don't work off my place anymore, (was a Vet Tech for many years), I do not like crowds, especialy when its mostly loud and rude people, (adults and kids alike), I go to town aout 2 times, every 3 months or so, I love my family, friends/neighbors alot, but I have a plaque on my front door that reads "All of our visiters bring us happiness, some by coming, and others by going"...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic How manny of you are..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page