Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Day of Prayer: TOMORROW...THURSDAY 10/17
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Day of Prayer: TOMORROW...THURSDAY 10/17 Next Topic
Page: of 7

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  1:40:59 PM  Show Profile

Becky,

What nice things you are doing...so many peeople need our prayers and our help...thank you for joining us:)

Hugs!

Judy

"A Falling Leaf is Summer's Wave Goodbye"...

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  5:37:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Becky,
Love your acts of kindness. What a blessing you are!
Our Day of Prayer is quickly approaching.
:0) God is smiling on us all!

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2013 :  5:53:16 PM  Show Profile
I've been trying to decide on some RAOK's and here's what I came up with: I am feeding some local farmers meals in the fields while they are busy with harvest. Next I'm going to help at my best friends church. They make gift baskets to sell and the money raised goes to help the needy in the community. And I'm going to send a homemade card to my grandma's best friend. My grandma and I were really close and she passed away last spring. I miss her terribly, but her best friend used to talk to her on the phone everyday and knew her longer than I did so I'm sure she misses her as much as I do. Hopefully a little note to let her know I'm thinking of her will brighten her day.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2013 :  7:22:29 PM  Show Profile

Heather,

What wonderful acts of kindness...I love helping others too...sorry to hear about your grandma...I lost mine in the mid 1990's and she was the sweetest and dearest lady in the world to all her grandchildren and great grandchidren...I think it so nice of you to keep in touch with your grandmas best friend...I am sure she will greatly appreciate your kind gesture...

Hugs!

Judy

Come little leaf, said the wind one day. Come to the meadow with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for the summer is past and the days grow cold.
George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2013 :  06:21:45 AM  Show Profile

Hey Girls,

Only 3 days left until our much needed Day of Prayer this coming Thursday...I am getting emails from farmgirls needing prayers for their own health issues...prayers needed for family members...relationships that need healing...needing prayer for financial needs and for our country and our leaders...please keep all of these things in mind when you pray...

Thank you once again for all of those who have committed their time to pray for needs all across our country on this day...

Pray without ceasing!!!

Hugs!

Judy

George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2013 :  12:28:02 PM  Show Profile
Judy and Jenny,
Please add me to the day of prayer. Not exactly sure what RAOK I plan to do yet, but I have started my prayer list. I do plan to write to dear friends of my parents. My parents have both passed and we were so close to their friends when they were alive and haven't spoken in a year so I know they will enjoy hearing from me. We are also taking home-made bread to a few of the elderly neighbors.
This is a wonderful thing you are doing. The power of prayer is amazing! Thank you for this opportunity. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2013 :  5:19:48 PM  Show Profile

Joey,

Thank you so much for joining us...if you know others who would like to join please let them know...we only have a couple more days and so many needs to pray for...the things you are doing are so wonderful...writing letters is almost a thing of the past and I know your parents friends will appreciate your thoughtfulness as will your neighbors for the bread you are making and taking to them...

Hugs!

Judy

George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  7:01:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Joey,
So glad you are joining us. It's true that prayer is powerful. God hears us.
There are so many needs in our world. We may not know God's timing, but
we know He is faithful to us, as we should be to Him.
God Bless You.
*only a few days left :)

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  2:25:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Just checking in - I'm still going to be praying with all of you tomorrow! :) You all have such wonderful ideas! You are such inspirations!!! Please know that I do have a special act of kindness planned, too, but I would rather keep it a hidden gift to the Lord. I hope that's okay, and that you all understand.

Have you ever heard of sacrifice beads? St. Therese of Lisieux (whom I absolutely love!) kept a little string of beads in her pocket at all times to help her remember to give plenty of gifts to the Lord throughout each day, and to help her ensure that she did so. Whenever she would make a little sacrifice (maybe by doing something nice for someone, by being helpful, or even by holding her tongue or letting someone else have their way, etc.), she would slide one of the beads up the string to Jesus on her Crucifix and smile, contentedly knowing that whatever her "gift" was, it was done unto the Lord. What a wonderful reminder that whatever we do for others, we actually are doing for Him! She knew whatever we do in this world - even the smallest thing - if we do it for the love of God, it is beautiful in God's eyes. St. Therese reminds us that even if we're unable to do big things, the little things really matter to Him.

Whenever I think about this beautiful day of prayer and all the acts of kindness we are all planning to do for others, it makes me think of her beautiful, simple wisdom, and how important and beautiful these things really are to our Heavenly Father. Thank you so much, Judy and Jenny, for including all of us in your wonderful plan to bless the world in prayer and love. You are both such incredible farmgirl blessings!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Oct 16 2013 2:47:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  2:43:28 PM  Show Profile

Nini,

Thank you so much for your sweet words...I love the story about the beads...God loves and honors us for all our attempts to do something for others!

Hugs!

Judy

George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5153 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5153 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  3:13:32 PM  Show Profile
I will be joining everyone Praying tomorrow too!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16396 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16396 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  3:32:11 PM  Show Profile
LadyInRed, ptroupe, Simply Silly, nndairy, FieldsofThyme, littlepurpleflower, RachelLeigh, soapmommy60543, hummingbirdjoy, Sue Feely, Bear5, fille de ferme, auntsmelly, Calicogirl, Violetrose, Old Spirit, ceejay48, levisgrammy, Killarney, crafter, Blessed in Colorado, Joey, lovinRchickens, laurentany, wildflower17, Ninibini, jenne.f, shanda, darlenelovesart, jerseygirlsue, ladybek9756, Healing Touch, SunnyJam, prayin granny, and jpbluesky, our ROAK is to gift all of you a membership/renewal in our Sisterhood. We are so blessed to know all of you. Email my son brianogle@maryjanesfarm.org so he can get you signed up. Please put ROAK in the subject line.

Does everyone have their knee pads ready for tomorrow?:)

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  5:23:16 PM  Show Profile

Mary Jane,

Thank you so much! I am sure all the farm girls will be extremely happy and surprised with your ROAK! We sure do have much to pray about...thank you once again for joining all of us for this very Special Day of Prayer!

Hugs!

Judy

George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  5:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Dear Mary Jane,
THANK YOU! What an awesome ROAK gift to us! GOD BLESS YOU!
HUGS!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  5:42:45 PM  Show Profile
I am so happy we will all be praying! I work in a public school and God is really needed there, as well as every where.

On a personal level please for our finances so that I can quit my job next year. I want to be more available to my parents and their needs. Also, please blessings on our farm and it's growth, this is our dream & retirement job. My SIL that he will come to know God.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart and may God bless you all!

Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3099 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  6:10:45 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Mary Jane!! I can't even put into words what a blessing this forum and these farmgirls have been to me. I will be saying a special prayer for all my farm girl sisters tomorrow.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  6:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Mary Jane, thank you so much for being a blessing to us by starting this place and organizing the most blessed place for a farm girl to join and be a part of. Your RAOK is just a blessing beyond words. Thank you very much.

Judy I want to thank you for hosting this day of prayer. I have two mid-terms tomorrow and in the am between classes and after I shall be praying for all the needs of our sisterhood, our country, and all those in pain and suffering that I know about. You are a blessing to think of so many and start a day to reach out and sent out prayers for all those in need. Thank you for your unselfish acts of kindness.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  6:55:19 PM  Show Profile
Well, here I am.....sent here today by GOD. I know this because I was cruising thru and got a smack on the forehead that caused me to STOP ... right here... to stop just in the nick of time. Tomorrow is FARMGIRL PRAYER DAY and here I am. I have posted this to my FB page so all my friends can also join us. I will be hitting my knees multiple times tomorrow (starting tonight) and praying deeply for many many reasons, people, events, etc. This is such a wonderful thing that ya'll are doing. I am proud to add my prayers with all of yours. God bless you all.

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  6:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I too, will be praying diligently! I have my knee pads and my kleenex ready!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  7:24:10 PM  Show Profile

Thank you all so much girls...Daizy...so happy you found this...isn't God so amazing!

Hugs!

Judy

George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  7:32:41 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful gift of kindness, MaryJane! Your thoughtfulness brought tears to my eyes. This sisterhood has surely been a gift from God for me. I have met so many people that I only know by kind acts through the mail and through messages/emails.
I am looking forward to my special time in prayer tomorrow. It will be so nice to know God is smiling and that we are making Him happy. He certainly deserves our praise.
I will be praying for each of you. May God bless you all.
We have a sign in our kitchen that says, "God Loves Everyone, No Exceptions." It's true and we need to pray for everyone. No one left behind. We need to pray that we reach the unsaved and have opportunities to share His good news.
This has truly inspired me. Thank you, sisters.
I am truly blessed.

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3463 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3463 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  7:32:46 PM  Show Profile
Myself and my two girls are starting our morning off in prayer....and will continue throughout the day. There are so many who need prayer and I am thrilled we are all in this together.
Mary Jane, truly you are providing a blessing beyond words. God bless you. This is the most wonderful site/forum you have provided us with. The farmgirls here are some of the neatest people I know. I have learned so much from so many and my hope is that I have shared some useful information as well. Together we are strong and this day of prayer will impact so many people . So glad to be a part of it.
Thank you Judy and Jenny for hosting and getting us all involved.
I too will have my knee pads and Kleenex ready :)

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  7:42:33 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Tomorrow I have a Bible study at my church. Afterward several of us go into the church for Intercessory Prayer. I will go before the alter in proxy for all your needs. God knows what they are. The Holy Spirit is always there. So between 11 and 1 if you want to join me where you are, we can storm heaven together.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Edited by - HealingTouch on Oct 16 2013 7:44:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5153 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5153 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  8:07:09 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Mary Jane! MJF has been such a blessing to me that I can't even begin to count them all! hugs!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  8:19:57 PM  Show Profile

Praise Be Unto God for all His blessings and for all the sweet farm girls friends on this wonderful site...thanks again Mary Jane for giving us such a wonderful place to come together and share our thoughts and prayers...

Hugs!

Judy

George Cooper

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Day of Prayer: TOMORROW...THURSDAY 10/17 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page