Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2013 :  10:52:53 PM  Show Profile
I used to buy a lot of salmon and white fish until I noticed that it's all coming from China! I've checked at every grocery store in my town, all brands, etc. and all say Product of China in small print on the back of the package. The front might say something like - Wild Pacific Salmon or Wild Alaska Salmon though, like they are trying to trick you. These are packages of frozen fish.

So I decided to look at fresh fish in with the meat counter. I noticed they had big stickers on them, either saying 'Recommended' or 'Some Concerns'. I got to reading them and the ones with 'concerns' are from fish farms that don't quite meet all the standards! I'm like what the heck!

I guess it's nice of the grocery store to admit that the fish they're selling you isn't up to standards, but geeze, who'd buy it!

Ruby ~ Sister #3597

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  12:08:34 PM  Show Profile
You live in BC? You have so much access to fresh fish right out of your riv
vers and ocean. I live below you in Western Washington. We only eat local caught Salmon, Alaska Cod and Halibut.
Read read read. The butcher shop will also answer any questions you have and NEVER buy and eat farm raised fish. My lecture is over. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Aug 30 2013 08:16:04 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Some 'concerns' Fish Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page