katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  3:14:11 PM  Show Profile
Well it is official.... the hubby & I put our home up for sale in the end of May, 5 weeks later we had 2 offers in at the same time, and for the full amount. OMG!
We close on July 31st....
Hubby & I will stay in town until Aug.7th to do a few more things, and have a few more get together's with our dear friends up here... then it's Wagons HO! and back to California we go.

We'll probably spend the month camping in various places along the route and then land in the Fresno (Central Valley) area of California.
And tho' we have several homes to look at (to buy),,, we want to make sure, so we will be stretching our parameters for our next home.

Life is truly a journey,,, and we have no regrets having left
SO. Calif., to move up here to Spokane, WA... it's been an experience, a journey... and now the journey continues as we return back to Calif.
We miss our elderly moms and both of our mama's are not in the best of health so we want to be able to spend what time we have left with them....
I am soooo gonna miss my dear friends, that I have made up here... but... it's not the end of the journey,,, it's just another chapter.

Thank goodness for laptops and MiFi internet.... so I will be able to keep in touch as we vacation our way back to Calif.

In the mean time, I have to decide what 'crafting/sewing" projects I can tote with me in the trailer... and yes, we are towing 2 trailers, our 22' Sliver Streak w/complete bathroom (only way hubby will camp)... and my cute lil Serro Scotty.... as for Trailer #3, I will be putting her up for sal in a week or two.... unless I can devise a plan to keep her,,, and bring her back at another time.

Well, off to do some more packing....
Wagons HO & and Happy Trails.....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  3:21:10 PM  Show Profile
gonna miss this... but I can grow Lavender in my new location...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  3:42:39 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Ohhhhhhh, Gracie! I'm happy for you since it sounds like that's what you want. But, what am I gonna do on my next trip to the Pacific NW??

And, you better keep us posted and when you get a new, permanent address . . . I want it!
Congratulations!
Happy trails girlfriend!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  3:57:27 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Grace. Will you be able to go glamping like you have been? You will probably be too far away for that, heh? Best of luck to you, and yes, it would be nice to have an address once you get settled.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  4:38:11 PM  Show Profile
Wow , you are going on an adventure! Head 'em up and move 'em out!!!!!!

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6585 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6585 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  4:45:33 PM  Show Profile
What an adventure, a new life and journey. Congratulations on selling your home, seems you are following your heart and are happy. Safe Travels and keep us posted of your journey.
Hugs,
Debbie

"There is nothing better than to end a bad day covered in dog slobber!"
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  6:12:41 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, but oh my goodness, what a gorgeous place!! And I love the lavender. It is just beautiful. Good luck on your new adventure and I totally understand about family!! :-)

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  8:07:11 PM  Show Profile
Wow Grace- sounds like the journey continues! How wonderful is all of this news. Very happy for you since it does indeed sound like you and DH are totally at peace with it all. Your lavender is beautiful, but as you said, you can start a whole new garden once you buy your new home- who knows- maybe it will come complete with a garden!
Wishing you nothing but the best. Enjoy the ride and safe travels! Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  10:28:50 PM  Show Profile
CeeJay,,, for sure! :>)

A couple from Montana bought our home... so hopefully they will love it as much as we do.

As for Glamping, I'll have 9months of Glamping weather, unlike up here where I only have 3....

Yep,,, we are looking forward to our journey.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  07:28:34 AM  Show Profile
So happy that everything went so quickly and smoothly for you with the house, Grace! I pray all your hopes and dreams for the move and future come true! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  12:07:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow!! Every one must pursue their own path, but to me this is a miss step. Do not buy a home in Fresno. Just rent. You will find out why when you live there awhile. Serious gangs, serious drugs, serious smog, serious CALIFORNIA taxes, very little quality to life there. Crowded, lots of traffic, and drought.
We moved to Nevada to take care of my husbands dad while he had his last 18 months of living. Although being able to be with him in the end of his life was rewarding, we are so sorry we purchased a home. We could have rented and then been able to move on afterward. So many people we know are stuck in California and miserable there. Also, do prepare for earthquakes, it is not being paranoid, that area is overdue for a large quake. I lost my girlfriend in the Paso Robles earthquake December 2003 as the brick building she worked in collapsed around her killing her. I do wish you the best in your days pursuing what you think is best for yourself. That is the beauty of life, we get to choose for ourselves, but I just wanted you to be aware. "Danger, danger Will Robinson!" Hugs, Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  12:33:10 PM  Show Profile
Good luck to you Grace, and I know you will find another beautiful place! So happy for you the sale went so well. That speaks a lot for your hard work there. Now we get to wait and see what your new place will be like. :)

Farmgirl #31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  12:41:49 PM  Show Profile
Grace, You gave me inspiration on our move. Thanks..Lots of smiles right now. Travel safely and have fun.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  1:05:12 PM  Show Profile
Grace, congratulations on the quick sale of your home and best of luck with your impending move! I have lived in California my whole life...having traveled throughout much of the United States, I can truthfully say there just is no place like it. Yes, the taxes are high, there is crime, traffic, drugs, etc., but that is the case for much of the country.

I live in Danville which is about 35 minutes east of San Francisco, but I am familiar with the Fresno area, which is about two hours east of us. You will be so close to the beautiful scenery of Yosemite and the Sierras which is perfect for your glamping!

We spent the week of the Fourth on the coast in beautiful Pacific Grove, and consider ourselves so fortunate to be just a couple hours away from the coast, Lake Tahoe and the Sierras, the Napa Valley wine country and so much more. My husband and I tell each other and our kids that people travel from all over the world to see what is just an hour or two away from us :) As far as earthquakes go, I've been through a couple in my life and lived to talk about it. Other states have it so much worse (think Oklahoma and New Jersey) with tornados, flooding, hurricanes, etc. We must focus on the positive aspects of our beautiful state. I am proud to be a California girl!

All the best to you in this new chapter of your life!

Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  6:57:47 PM  Show Profile
Yep Tammy I lived in Thousand Oaks/Moorpark since I was 16... and like you have been through some real "Shake, Rattle & Roll" earthquakes... piece of cake!
I am from the Ventura County area... and like you said,,, close to everything yet far enough to not be caught up in the hecticness.
We were about 30 min to the Ocean, 45min to Santa Monica & Pasadena... An hour to Santa Barbara and about and hour to the mountains...
I do miss it... even the Santa Ana winds....
We are so looking forward to heading back, being near our mothers and friends and having 9 months of Glamping weather! :>)

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2013 :  04:08:58 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Grace! I look forward to following your adventure with you!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2013 :  08:37:48 AM  Show Profile
What a ride you are on Grace. Be sure to keep in touch with me via e-mail. I don't get back to this site much anymore. Take care and I'll plant more lavender just for you :) Hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #800

My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Our Family Store: http://roosterscrowfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2013 :  08:51:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters,
Yes, I too am a native Californian. I grew up in and spent several decades in California into my age 50's. I have lived in Pasadena, Highland Park, Eagle Rock, Burbank and Glendale, Paso Robles and Modesto. My grandma lived in Newhall. My mom lives in Palm Springs area. And the kids live in Orange County (oh gosh! the traffic and keeping up with the Jones crazy). We used to visit the desert area often. There are pockets in California that are wonderful, more however near the central coast and into northern California, except Salinas so much crime it is quite dangerous. Mean nasty gangs! Clearly living in Danville, and northern California is quite different than living in the California Central Valley areas. Think Napa, Sacramento way better than the smog of Bakersfield. The air there is so bad I thought they were having a wild fire! Over the last 25 years so much has changed in these areas. One can't drive into most neighborhoods without seeing graphite all over the houses and walls. Fresno, Modesto, Bakersfield, Stockton...eeewwwww! Just seedy and rundown. Yes, I still enjoy many of the natural wonders of the state and one can glamp (although I would pass on Yosemite, it is so crowded that it will not be considered a camping trip) but go and see it, just be prepared for people and kids everywhere. I really am not trying to be a Debbie Downer, I just know there will be such a difference...perhaps you have missed it all and won't mind the changes, but everything is just so run down and dirty. It is different from the former glory it once was when orchards lined the highways. The infrastructure hasn't been kept up. Some don't mind sitting in traffic for hours to get across the valley. I just know compared to Spokane area whew it will be so different. And be ready for materialism and ego's to be more inflated. People do cocoon in Southern California way more than in Northern California. In a rating system from Strategic Relocation the regional and state ratings give California a one star out of five for reasons too numerous to list here. The hidden gems are definitely as mentioned its geographical wonders. I still visit Mammoth (I like McGee Creek near Lake Crowley) Santa Barbara, old town San Diego, San Luis Obispo.
The Sierra Nevada is amazing. I just mainly don't want to see you lose in investing in property in regions where pollution is high (to include psychic pollution and water is scarce. Anyway, have fun revisiting what you have missed. One lesson I have learned over my years is While we can go back...it won't be the same. Be well my sisters and by all means do "take what is good!" Go forward and find the good being aware of the changes. Hugs to you Katmom! Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2013 :  1:18:52 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Grace!!! How exciting. Wishing you the best on your new adventure

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2013 :  10:26:51 PM  Show Profile
Annie, I am not to worried,,, we still love California,,, and have only been gone 6 years... Our family still lives there (Ventura CO.)... while there are areas of Calif., I would not choose to live in, I still think California is an awesome place... diverse, creative and beautiful and I look forward to going back.
Truly, every State has issues,,, whether it is a high level of poverty. pollution or violence, there is no perfect place, but,,, it is all about what you make of it. We love Paso Robles, Oakhurst, Ventura County and Aubrun....
As for Yosemite,,, it is still beautiful, as is Bass Lake...
I will say, up here in the Spokane area,,, because of the limited summer season,,, like everyone else up here, I have to reserve my camp sites almost 9months in advance to be able to secure a camping spot... I will take a lot of wonderful memories from here back to Calif.,, just as I brought wonderful California memories to Spokane.
I am looking forward to the next adventure in my journey...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2013 :  10:28:43 PM  Show Profile
Diane & Kristine... oh trust me,,, I'll be sharing about my adventures... and yes, I will be planting Lavender... :>)

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2013 :  10:30:33 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, CeeJay & Birdie... "Tales along the Trail" will begin in August! Wagons HO!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Jul 12 2013 10:33:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2013 :  07:58:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh so jealous. Hope we follow shortly. It sounds like a mass exodus out of the Inland NW, but it really is the time to sell. Thanks for you recommendation of Tom and your shoulder through each of our back and forth days before we both decided YES! We're doing it!

Congrats, Grace. See ya before you are wheels up.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2013 :  12:51:28 PM  Show Profile
Marianne,,, yep, time for us to turn over the reins to new families, with children...
We both have created beautiful 'footprints' and I hope beyond hope the new owners will carry on the footprint as well as create their own... owning acreage is such a privalige and we are both blessed to have had this opportunity up here in the INW... and now it's time for us to move on.
I will miss Larry, and I am going to talk with the new owners of our place to see if they want to continue keeping & feeding and sheltering these bunnies... if not, I will try to Tender Trap them and bring them to the local rescue,,, did you know there is one down off 7mile road? it's a horse, pig, goat & rabbit rescue....and yes the love & need volunteers....
I plan to donate a lot of my excess horse tack to a local horse rescue called,,, "Rough Start Rescue" (they are on FB)..
ok, time for me to get back out and finish up watering...
let's do Java soon.
hugz

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2013 :  2:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, Gracie . . . we'll be waiting to hear more of the saga as it develops and unfolds!
HUGS to you!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2013 :  10:14:21 PM  Show Profile
getting excited... gonna go a big yard sale next weekend...then finish packing before the Moving CO., comes and packs/loads our belongings and put into storage until we find our perfect next home...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sold our 'Ranchette'... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page