Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Our Farm is on a Major Diet!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Our Farm is on a Major Diet! Next Topic  

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  8:57:37 PM  Show Profile
Good grief . . . I have become the flaky farmgirl! So sorry I have been out of touch for oh so long . . . life just has a way of getting crazy busy. Since last we talked, I have been a vendor in the Farm Chicks, have had my youngest son graduate high school, while being scarily sick with a terrible case of mono, we have finished our floors . . . finally . . . and done some major, major, downsizing at our house . . . in fact, we put our house of a major "diet."

Now it is full steam ahead planning for our "Pickin' on the Prairie" Antique Show in August here on Past Blessings Farm and continuing to fix up our little old place . . . lots of things will be getting a good coat of barn red paint in the near future . . . I am rather obsessed with barn red these days . . . anything that doesn't move fast enough is at risk of being painted barn red!

Come take a peek at my blog . . . finally updated it for the first time in nearly 2 months! It will tell you all about the amazing diet we put our farm on and what an amazing feeling of peace that has brought into our lives.

http://www.pastblessings.com/

I so miss chatting with you girls . . . and hopefully now . . . as our life gains more of a sense of order . . . I can spend more time visiting!

With Hugs & Blessings,

Brenda

Come visit my blog at http.//www.pastblessings.blogspot.com

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  4:07:52 PM  Show Profile
Brenda-
Just hopped over and read your blog- my- you have been busy!
Kudos to you for getting er done, and getting organized and cleaned out. Not only is it a wonderful thing for your kids, but it makes you feel better too- so fresh and airy right?
Love your blog! Sure wish I was going to be in Spokane area in August for your sale!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3442 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3442 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  4:32:21 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
Wow, you have been a busy girl. Blog is wonderful and glad your back here as time permits.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  8:18:28 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Kelly and Laurie . . . it does feel good to "lose all this weight" at our home . . . very freeing and peaceful. And, it also feels good to get a bit more time to visit here with my farmgirl friends!

Hugs & Blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  03:44:27 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,

I am a 'purger' by nature. Clutter sets my OCD into high gear. My husbands first 2 wives were hoarders. So I am a huge change for him. He loves living in a neat and tidy home. It does become a sanctuary when you come to very little chaos.

Good for you. I would love to see pictures of the new & improved.

Now like any diet.......do you have a maintenance plan??? hehe

Arttie
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  3:52:22 PM  Show Profile
Arttie . . . I was thinking about that . . . because I know old habits have a way of returning . . . one thing I want to do is stick to the rule that whenever I bring anything into the home, something else needs to go. Another concept, I learned from a wise woman on an organizing forum is "do no harm to your future self" . . . for example, let's say I am baking cookies and decide I don't "feel" like cleaning up after myself. Then, the next day, my "future self" has to come in and clean up . . . and now it is much harder because the cookie dough is dried hard to the mixing bowl, spatulas, etc. So if I clean as I go, it will help . . . perhaps this will be a future blog post! LOL!

Hugs & Blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  7:24:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda,
Well your photos posted of last year's Pickin on the Prairie Antique show has inspired my husband and I to make a road trip. I have been also wanting to share with him Coeur d'Alene since I was there on a Glamping event and we haven't been to the northwest in a very long time. We have some retired military friends we haven't seen in several years and I discovered they live 17 minutes from you, so we will see them also. We are taking an extended trip by car stopping along the way going up one way and back another, all timed however to be in line when your show opens on August 17th. We are looking forward to it. I know my kitty will ignore me for a week at least after being gone on the road this long!
We are driving so I can buy yard art too big to ship :-)
See you soon, Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.

Edited by - AnnieinIdaho on Jun 19 2013 7:37:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  8:17:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh Annie! How exciting!!! I am so looking forward to meeting you in person! Glad you liked the pictures of our show! It was so much fun and well attended! We have great vendors and the whole thing just has a down-home country fair kind of feel to it . . . which is exactly what I was wanting. My "space" will be in our our shop (well, and spilling out in front of our shop, so make sure to come find me! Can't wait!

Hugs & Blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Our Farm is on a Major Diet! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page