Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Summer Plans Next Topic  

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 05 2005 :  1:51:16 PM  Show Profile
Dear farmgirls, Do you have your summer plans in the works? I just got off the phone with CindyLou at the farm. She mentioned a farmgirl campover/reunion is being planned for the 3rd of July. Coincides with the Farm fair there at the farm. She is really excited about this and hopes to get a lot of "girls" to join in on all the fun and festivities. A campout under the stars is in the works. Sounds like a wonderful time for fellowship and fun! Hope you can think about it! It's not that far away. I have not been on a solo vacation in over 25 years! Hope I can attend! Hope all of you can too!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 05 2005 :  2:03:28 PM  Show Profile
I'm considering making the drive down. Not sure yet, but it's been rolling around in my mind lately!.... Not much of camper, myself, so I'll probably stay late at the farm, then go into town for the night, if I decide to do it. I haven't had any "get-aways" that weren't family oriented in quite awhile, so this might fit the bill!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 06 2005 :  07:48:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning girls! I cant tell you how bad I want to come to Idaho. I was thinking the other night that someday I would love to get together w/ everyone. I NEVER have gone anywhere without my husband and daughter. He has some health problems and we almost lost him twice, right now he is doing fine but his disease never goes completely away. It would be an expence coming from N.J. BUT......
It's something I need to pray about. I want to eventually, maybe I wont make it this time but eventually, it would be fun. Thanks for all the responses from "my babys no longer a baby', they were quite touching. Britta came in while I was reading them and said "oh mom great, now people I dont know think Im a dork". TEENAGERS!!!! Have a great day everyone. Michele

"she selects wool and flax, and works with eager hands" prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 06 2005 :  10:10:02 AM  Show Profile
I sure hope to come, but I am just not sure. The logistics of getting out of here and driving about 9 hours (I think) without the husband and 4 kids (the scheduling alone......) is pretty overwhelming..but I am going to try. I planted the idea in my husband's head yesterday. He saw my new bumpersticker and said that it would be fun to see MaryJane's farm sometime and then I had my opening... He sort of rolled his eyes at the fact that I wanted to go alone..like, hmmmm how on earth would we do THAT? But you never know!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 09 2005 :  2:54:25 PM  Show Profile
I want to go but my parents will be up from Florida and I have a wedding that weekend!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Summer Plans Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page