New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Got my first magazines! Next Topic  

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2004 :  11:47:36 AM  Show Profile
Got three issues today of Mary Janes Farm Magazine and it's all I can do not to read them at work! Can't wait to get home and I wish I'd taken the EL today!

Julie

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2004 :  1:32:29 PM  Show Profile
Have fun getting "lost" in the magazines Julie! What is the EL and where do you live? Must be a bigger city, right? Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2004 :  10:51:43 PM  Show Profile
I have read all the issues over and over...arn't they great???? My new one is looking ragged from all the reading already!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2004 :  06:54:04 AM  Show Profile
Clare,

The "EL" is short for the elevated train. I live in Chicago right now and sometimes I take the el to work when I don't feel like sitting in traffic. It's nice to relax on the way home and to work once in a while.

I loved, loved, loved the magazine. It has about eight times the content of the website, and they will be a fantastic resource when I am able to finally start farming. I love all the old photos, the artwork, the people profiled. Highly worth it. Can't wait to see the premiere issue.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - May 09 2005 :  8:41:57 PM  Show Profile
I just subscribed and ordered all the back copies this evening. A question though....the premier issue is sold out. Is there anyone willing to part with theirs that doesn't necessarily save their magazines? I would be willing to pay you for it and pay for the shipping...I save all issues of magazines I really love, like Mothering for instance, I have saved every issue I received while I was a subscriber, never know when you'll need to refer back! I know that some people aren't pack rats like me though and I would love to take it off your hands if you are done!

Thanks!!

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 09 2005 :  9:22:56 PM  Show Profile
Unless you stumble on one at a yard sale, as someone mentioned in the latest issue, I think we're out of luck for the premire issue. The alternative is to sign up for the "Premier Tour", where Cindylou @ the farm has a few issues that are left in rotation kind of round robin. It's usually 8 readers, then the last one returns it to the farm along with a journal that everyone can make entries into. Might want to email Cindylou and get signed up for it.

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - May 10 2005 :  11:57:44 AM  Show Profile
That sounds like a wonderful idea. I may well do that! Thanks for sharing that info with me Clare.

Teresa

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Got my first magazines! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page