lucky1
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Liz
Homer OH
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 11 2013 :  09:36:56 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon! Everywhere I look I see a project that needs to be done--garden planted, old potting shed repainted, quilts in progress in the sewing room, barn cleaned out and stuff organized...

But all I want to do today is play with the rabbits and make flowers out of soda cans. Ain't life grand and funny??

Cheers to all of you,
Liz

Each one of you is precious. Remember who you are, and whose you are...

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  8:50:39 PM  Show Profile
You bet it is. Welcome to a kindred spirit who loves to play. I am getting so I can only do one thing at a time and playing is more fun. We'll get to the other stuff eventually. Besides, it's spring and it's hard to concentrate anyway.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

lucky1
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Liz
Homer OH
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 18 2013 :  11:31:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Bonnie! Hooray--another playmate!! I enjoy all of the seasons here in Ohio, but have a special place in my heart for Spring. It's just so alive and busy. And I sure do miss those songbirds when they move along in November. Saw our first fireflies last week, and know that they'll be putting on quite the show in a couple of weeks as it warms up here.

What other things keep you happy and enjoying life? I quilt, garden, write, do motivational speaking, training, and direct our local hospice's volunteer program. Such an honor and privilege to be associated with that work. Poignant, profound, humbling, joy-filled, and magical. So lucky...

Liz

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - May 18 2013 :  1:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Liz,
Glad to welcome you here. Sounds like you stay busy!
A friend's mom went into hospice care about a week ago. It is such an important service helping the clients and their families when they need it so much. Thank you for filling that need.
I'm from Minnesota, have been retired for a few years and manage to stay pretty busy. We've got a big garden,orchard and vineyard. My volunteer experience is with Supply our Children, gathering backpacks filled with school supplies for kids from families who have financial need, we're planning on supplying 800 backpacks this year. I like baking, doing needlepoint, sewing, reading and have a half finished quilt
and other craft projects waiting in the wings.
You mentioned rabbits, any other critters around your place? We've got 2 dogs, 2 cats, 3 cage birds but had lots of animals when the kids were in 4-H.
Its good to see you here. I hope you are finding your way around and enjoying your time here. There's so much to learn and share!
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 18 2013 :  2:34:40 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Liz... You will love it here, everyone is so helpful and full of friendship! I'm sure we will be chatting soon to each other!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

lucky1
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Liz
Homer OH
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 18 2013 :  7:06:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Susan and Lori,

Thanks for the welcoming replies! I'm lovin' this chat and meeting you all. It's such a kick to hear from other people who understand the way we live--unfinshed projects, critters and all. Susan, I collect vintage needlepoint, and have a beautiful piece that my husband's grandmother made--looks like it should cover the cushion for a footstool. Hey--another project! I'd love to see your work someday.

We're getting a flock of year-old layers tomorrow afternoon--it's been months since we had a weasel wipe out our flock, and I'm itchin' to be a "Mother Hen" again to a few girls. Golden Comets and Rhode Island Reds to start, then some heritage breed turkey chicks in a few weeks. It will be nice to have the feathered children around the place again. Fixed up the coops today (practically hung curtains and put tea on for them...:) ) so all we need are the girls. Oh, and I have a cat named Scout, after the character from "To Kill A Mockingbird", my favorite book of all time...so far.

Lori, what keeps you busy and enjoying life? For pay or not?

Cheers!
Liz

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7628 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7628 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  5:09:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Liz it sure is good to have you here on the Farm and everyone is wonderful.
Welcome
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  04:16:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Liz,
Welcome! you'll have fun playin' around here ... Enjoy!

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"
http://whitesheepfarm.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Feelin' creative today Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page