Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Herbs for osteoarthritis Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  9:31:08 PM  Show Profile
I have arthritis in my right knee and it was so swollen last Friday that I couldn't work. My dr. gave me some samples of a med. but it messed up my stomach so bad that I won't take it again. I've been adding turmeric to my cooking and even making a paste with ground ginger to put on it. It seems OK now. I'm afraid it will happen again. (I had a cyst on the back of my knee that the dr. said was due to arthritis). What other herbal remedies help with this problem? I'd rather treat it naturally than use drugs.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  08:17:20 AM  Show Profile
There are quite a few things to try.... cayenne daily. Dandelion salve. Comfrey/plaintain salve.

If you have stinging nettle nearby and are brave enough, you can use the fresh stalks as a poultice. Hurts like crazy in the beginning, but takes the pain away once the nettle pain diminishes. (Have an herbalist friend who did this a couple of weeks ago)

These are just a couple of ideas to start. Then there is the whole dietary side to consider such as eliminating inflammation causing foods and building the liver.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

Countrygs55
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Brenda
Gillett AR
USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  05:29:57 AM  Show Profile
How do you make Dandelion salve and Comfrey/plaintain salve, i have had arthritis all my life and hate med. I would like more information on eliminating inflammation causing foods and building the liver.
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Herbs for osteoarthritis Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page