Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Red Yeast Rice capsules Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  8:36:01 PM  Show Profile
My sister's cholesterol levels are slightly high. The doctor wanted her to start on some new cholesterol lowering drug. She asked if she could try something else first.
A friend mentioned she was taking Red Yeast Rice capsules. Her cholesterol levels have improved significantly!
Has any one ever taken Red Yeast Rice capsules? Any results?
Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  10:43:21 AM  Show Profile
My husband has been using these for about 2 yrs. he has his blood checked every 4 months and it has really worked. We get them when they go on sale for BOGO and many stores.
Good luck
Deborah

now we are on our forever farm. God has blessed us.
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  10:54:43 AM  Show Profile
Marly,
was watching the news this a.m. and the Dr. on the show recommended them! I take statins now but, juts placed an order for some Red Yeast Rice ... will see when I have a ck up.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  11:22:33 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Deborah and Teri. I have a friend who has been taken RYR for five years and her levels are great. My sister really doesn't want to get on statins, others that do take them have nothing good to say. Teri, keep me posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  2:41:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey Marly,
Can you tell me if your sister has tried the Red Yeast Rice yet? If so, how is it working?

Jo
Farmgirl Sister #5000

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  8:19:34 PM  Show Profile
Yes, the RYR is working great for my sister. I've been taking it for five or so years now. Works good for me. My levels are great. I chatted with my doctor first because he seemed to be pushing the other stuff on me. I wanted to try the RYR first. Glad I did.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  10:27:55 PM  Show Profile
That's great, Marly! Thanks for sharing. I was hoping to find a natural option for my husband. Thanks for letting me know.

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2013 :  4:52:12 PM  Show Profile
Bear5,

I haven't been on the forum lately and just saw your post. My husband started taking the red yeast rice a few years back when his doctor was threatening to put him on a cholesterol lowering drug. I visited the local health food store and they suggested red yeast rice, but they said to be sure to take CoQ10 enzyme along with it. Red Yeast Rice works very much like a drug. I can't remember what the CoQ10 is for, but I'm sure you can find it on an Internet search. I just know that the guy at the health food store stressed that it was very important to take the CoQ10 along with the Red Yeast Rice. Oh, and after my husband had taken the two for about a month, he had to go in to have a recheck of his blood. That night the nurse called him and said she was shocked that his test showed such a good reading. She wanted to know just what he'd been doing. He's never had a bad reading since he's been on the supplements.

http://www.karencecilsmith.com/

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Red Yeast Rice capsules Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page