Author Reading Room: Previous Topic "The Aviator's Wife" Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2013 :  10:56:06 AM  Show Profile
Have any of you read "The Aviator's Wife" by Melanie Benjamin? The book is about Charles Lindbergh and his wife Anne Morrow Lindbergh. I just finished reading the book. Interesting, indeed! I had no idea Charles Lindbergh had so many children!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

patchworkpeace
True Blue Farmgirl

478 Posts

Judy
Jackson Michigan
USA
478 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  12:05:55 PM  Show Profile
I have a hold at the library for this book. Can't wait until it comes in. Have you read any of her other books? She has some good books.

Success is measured not by the position one reaches but by the obstacles one has to overcome to reach it. Booker T. Washington

My blog, The Review-anista Reads http://friendsfunfabric.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  1:58:17 PM  Show Profile
No, Judy, I haven't read any of her other books. Let me know when you finish "The Aviator's Wife". I'd like to know what you think of the book.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

patchworkpeace
True Blue Farmgirl

478 Posts

Judy
Jackson Michigan
USA
478 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  07:54:29 AM  Show Profile
Will do. :-)

Success is measured not by the position one reaches but by the obstacles one has to overcome to reach it. Booker T. Washington

Go to Top of Page

patchworkpeace
True Blue Farmgirl

478 Posts

Judy
Jackson Michigan
USA
478 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  05:41:56 AM  Show Profile
Finished listening to this book and really enjoyed it. I especially appreciated the afterword where the author listed where she strayed from their true story. I thought she did a wonderful job of capturing the essence of Anne and Charles Lindbergh.

Judy

Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  1:36:50 PM  Show Profile
i'll have to get that one......i used to live in new jersey. at one time i bought one of the victorian homes on the main street of flemington, nj down the street from the court house where the "lindbergh trial" took place. the old woman that i bought the home from told me that they had rented out some rooms to reporters covering the "trial of the century"----at least it was at that time!
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic "The Aviator's Wife" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page