Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Home Urinary Tract Infection Treatment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Home Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Next Topic  

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  4:01:13 PM  Show Profile
I used to get UTIs very very often. I just thought I would post this in case any one else ever gets one. Only 3 percent of women will have more than one UTI in their life. I was getting up to 6 per year. After going to a uroligist, and finding nothing wrong, I was given a silly pill to take after sex(since they thought that's what was causing it.) Well. It wasn't and I got another UTI. So I went out on a hunt for a home remedy, and I found it to go "Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz, Oh, what a relief it is!!!" and a relief it was!!! Not only is there a bit of pain relieve in Alka Selzer, but there really is something in it that will cure a UTI at home!! I now carry a pack of it in my suitcase when I travel, just in case!

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  5:36:44 PM  Show Profile
Wow, good to know!! I have only had a couple in my life but boy...how cool is a cure like that????

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  6:18:10 PM  Show Profile
Do you use the Alka Seltzer as normal? Or do you put it down there? LOL!!! No, seriously! I will have to tell my friend she gets them all the time. I have been fortunate and only had one in my life.

lilpunkin
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2006 :  09:35:35 AM  Show Profile
I use it as normal ;) But sometimes, I don't use quite as much water so it isn't as diluted if I don't have much in my tummy.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2006 :  12:04:08 PM  Show Profile
My niece has a bad case right now, I"ll have to email her and have her try your remedy, thank you for sharing!

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2006 :  12:27:06 PM  Show Profile
Gee, the things you learn at Farmgirl Connection! Thank goodness you can use it the old-fashioned way!! (If anyone out there has actually tried it the other way - oh my, cannot wait to hear that story. I am sorry, but I am literally giggling out loud right now.)

I had ONE and only one UTI many years ago, and was told to (ahem) "Use the Loo" after sex which seems to do the trick. But, I love the home remedy of Alka Seltzer. We use the cold forumula for treating colds at our house, so maybe it could be a 2-in-1 cure?

Methinks we should start another Farmgirl collections book for "Ye Olde Farmgirl Tales and Tribulations".

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2006 :  2:41:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Also cranberry will help cure a UTI too. Cranberry changes the ph of your Urinary tract and causes the bacteria that is causing the UT to not be able to "stick". Usually it is E. Coli causing UTI's! Becareful though ladies- if you get a fever while having a UTI please go to a doctor right then- the emergency room if you need to! I waited to long once and the UTI spread from my bladder to my kidneys (I had not been very faithful with the cranberry cause I thought it was going away). Anyway I broke out in a 104 fever. I almost got hospitalized.
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2006 :  07:56:13 AM  Show Profile
Tums also work well as does a small amount of baking soda in water..

It all depends on the cause of your problem.. if it is related to something you ate that you happen to be sensitive to (IE too much caffiene, chocolate, alchohol, tomato... there is a huge list but my book is in storage)the alkaseltzer, tums and baking soda can all act as an acid reducer and make you feel better very quickly... if it really is a bacterial thing the cranberry can help, but usually by the time you have a full blown infection the cranberry isn't a whole lot of help. If you tend to have recurrent infections as I did, it really helps to take cranberry capsules or bearberry capsules with your regular vitimins instead of drinking it, Apple Cider Vinigar helps too.

Another thing that seems to have been a cause in my case is hormonal birth control methods.. as soon as I went off of everything I haven't had one since..

I've tested this a few times, I had them like crazy when I went on the shot before my honeymoon, Let it wear off to have Kaylee, no problems at all. Went back on the minipill after Kaylee problems started up again, quit it got pregnant with Jo Jo, no problems.. at first I thought it was the hormones of pregnancy keeping them at bay, but then after Jo Jo, I got a hormonal IUD. I started having problems again, so I got it removed, after which the problems cleared up again... so if you know someone with recurrent problems like that suggest they look at their birth control.. of course doctors say it can't effect you like that.. thats why it took me so long to come to this conclusion, because each time I brought it up they acted like I was nuts, but all I know is that on them I have constant infections, and off them I don't have any.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Home Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page