True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2013 :  2:33:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls -

We have been considering dropping our cable and buying a Roku. Right now, we're weighing the pros and cons of doing so. It looks as though the biggest drawback to us is that we cannot get local channels for local news. Other than that, it seems SEEMS like a very good, incredibly inexpensive option to cable. Do any of you have and use a Roku? If so, what are the pros and cons you are experiencing? And are there any crazy hidden costs with it? We see that there are a few channels that you have to pay for... Would we also have to pay for individual programs? Other than local channels not being available, the channels we do watch seem to be free! So, if we make the initial purchase, this nifty little box really could save us a bunch of dough-re-mi every month. But I'm really hesitant about the quality and any fees that might not be so obvious. (I.e: Is there a monthly fee for using the Roku?) Also - is this a service that offers us the opportunity to watch any program at any time, or is this something that we'd have to buy a video recorder in order to catch missed shows, or shows we want to watch later? We would really appreciate your insight on this!

Thanks so much -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2013 :  5:35:44 PM  Show Profile
Wow Nini, I've never heard of a ROKU, but boy I sure would LOVE to lower our cable bill!
I'm interested to see the response to this...thanks for posting!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2013 :  7:55:31 PM  Show Profile
I have Roku and I love it. I watch what I want, when I want. I do pay a fee to use HuLu. You can watch any of the networks shows, the day after they air. So. like if the show is on TV Wed. night, the episode will be on Hulu Thursday. On Netflix, you have to wait until the season is finished to view the new stuff.

There are a lot of "Free" channels to watch on Roku, but I find better quality stuff cost a fee. Hulu is 9.95 a month, and Netflix is about the same. I am also a subscriber to The Blaze. But you can get local weather and a fox news(not complete programs, just highlights) for free and free music. You don't have to record anything, you just play the show when your ready to watch. I love that I can control what is on the TV and when I watch it.

Your right you cannot get local news, but I can go online to the local stations and catch up to what's going on. Roku does not have a monthly fee, you just buy it and hook it up. I'd recommend the wired one, not WIFI. It seems to work better. Then you can decide if you want to subscribe to any providers. Even if you just choose hulu, it's way cheeper than cable!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2013 :  8:07:25 PM  Show Profile
Shanda - I could KISS you!! Thank you for this information. We have been really mulling this over, but extremely hesitant to make the leap. So, truly: No hidden fees? All we would need is our internet access and a wireless connection? Unbelievable! Oh...wait... When you say "wired" one, what do you mean, exactly? What would I need to use that??? Cable is just so ungodly expensive here... If I could drop it and still get to the programming we enjoy or need for school, I'd be thrilled! THANK YOU!!! BLESS YOU!!!!

Laurie - I know! I had heard about it a long time ago, but just didn't believe it. Then my husband and I started discussing it in more detail after he heard about it through someone he met on a job at work. I am just so excited about it! I can't WAIT to tell my husband what Shanda has shared!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Mar 17 2013 8:18:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2013 :  10:07:02 PM  Show Profile
Nini,

We have Roku too. I'm not sure what is necessary for "wired," but I would look into it. We have ours on wireless and we lose connection all the time. So annoying. We have Netflix and Hulu. We also have Amazon, which is free, but if you want to watch the newer things, you have to pay (an arm and a leg I might add). But they do have a big selection of things that are free.

If you get it, and you subscribe to Amazon, I recommend watching "Lark Rise to Candleford". It's a good, wholesome BBC show. There are 4 seasons and it is free!

Let us know what you end up doing!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  07:23:18 AM  Show Profile
we also have roku. once the lightening broke it. they replaced it for free. their customer service is good. we have had it now for at least 4 years i love netflix. hope this helps you.

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  08:45:21 AM  Show Profile
Thank you girls!

After reading Shanda's comments last night, we were discussing it and trying to figure out how we could get local programming, again, for the news. I remembered my foster kids' mothers both have the digital converters (no cable) and they love them. I'm not sure what that would cost us to purchase one, but it shouldn't be too expensive. The drawback would be that the local channels wouldn't come in HD, but hey - news is news, and in the middle of a severe storm, I am not going to care WHAT the tv screen looks like as long as I can find out what's coming! :) We don't watch a whole lot of TV to be honest, so being able to pick and choose the channels we want shouldn't cost us too much money at all. Our son said that none of his friends have Roku, but many of them use their XBox systems to watch online programming like HULU and other channels using wireless connections without any problem, so I'm wondering of the wireless connection on the Roku would work well for us. I'm really going to have to do a little more investigation. My hubby and I started doing the math and, man, our "system" of a digital converter and Roku, along with a couple of paid channels, has the potential to REALLY save us some serious money! I'll let you know what I come up with - I just need to look into a few things. In the meantime, I hope you will all share more of your experiences!

Thanks again SO very much!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  08:54:02 AM  Show Profile
Laurie - Just FYI! Right now, I'm looking at dropping our cable and home phone services (I have a cheap cell phone with a month-to-month plan that works fine for my son and I, my hubby also has the use of a work phone, which he only uses for work and emergencies), and just keeping the internet service. Then we'd buy the Roku as well as subscribe to a couple of channels that are not free, and add a digital converter box for local programming. The initial cost of the Roku and DCB should be under $150. I would probably buy the Roku online through their site, but I am almost positive my foster daughter said she had seen them at "Wally World," so I may break down and go ask questions of one of the associates in their tech dept. I also know one of the home shopping channels have offered Roku a couple of times as "special values" over the past couple of years, but I don't remember the cost, and I am not going to sit around waiting for them to offer something - I want to start saving right away. Anyhow, I really think the savings will be tremendous this way, even with the initial investment. We pay more than that in a year for the rental and fees on our cable box!!!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  09:17:48 AM  Show Profile
Another question... I was checking Roku reviews at buzzillions.com, and one person suggested purchasing Play On and using it in conjunction with Roku. You get a lifetime subscription to Play On Premium for $49.99, and it includes a lot of channels - including the ones we were going to subscribe to... any experience with or thoughts about this? A $50 one time fee, and no need to subscribe? Hmmmm... sounds almost too good to be true... Then again, so did Roku!

Thanks -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  09:37:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh - and I thought of one more thing to consider... There have been numerous news reports over the past year locally citing that the cable company's cable boxes are notorious power drains. We could really save on electricity, too, and make that dang energy audit reporting agency happy! LOL! ;)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  12:36:18 PM  Show Profile
Our electric is pretty low, and we use two rokus!

We switched to Roku about a year ago.

We do subscribe to netflix, however, when we changed bank accounts a couple of months ago we forgot to switch it for direct deposit for netflix so for a few days we relied on the "free" channels, some pretty good stuff, not much though, I can see if I was going strictly on free stuff, we would watch it all and be left with nothing new to watch pretty soon. (however, I love the free educational videos from the 50's! lol hilarious stuff there! lol) Pretty much I haven't been bored with netflix yet, and we can have it playing on three different rokus at the same time (but the account can be on as many as 99 rokus I believe, just not all playing at the same time). And it's only 8 dollars a month, even basic, basic, basic cable here is quite a bit a month like 50 or so, and that doesn't even have the channels we like! So its a pretty significant savings.

I think I will look into hulu though more, and also that 50 dollar life time thing you said, I never heard of the life time thing!

We love roku though.

Also for cells we went to prepaid. For our home phone though we have been using magicjack for about 8 years and love it! I can even make calls that would normally be very expensive (say to a ship to family on cruises! Which is usually dollars per a minute!) for FREE! We usually buy the 5 year plan. Which right now I think is up to 60 or 70 dollars-maybe 100, I can't remember (for 5 years of service) but when we first started that was only 40 dollars for 5 years!

We have bought both our magic jack and our rokus at Best Buy. I have stayed loyal to them for quite a few years because of their awesome customer service when lightening and other various things have killed our electronics and they with out question have replaced them for free, and sometimes even given us extra money to spend in the store. They haven't done that in a looooong time. But, I bought my first printer from them nearly 20 years ago, and when lightening killed it, printers had dropped to about half the price they were when they first hit the market, so I paid like 700 for the printer, and then when the lightening killed it 5 years later (they used to have unlimited warrentees you could buy, but now they are limited to a certain amount of years), they replaced it, but since the newer printers at the time even top of the line they carried were only in the 300 dollar range, they gave us a 300 dollar credit to spend in their store, as well as a new printer! After that they had me hook line and sinker as a customer for life! lol

As far as news/weather. I don't know about you, but I find tv news to be not so helpful! In a real severe weather emergency I find the radio to be more reliable, and it's completely free.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  1:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Wow, so it looks like I have to look into this too! Our cable bill includes, cable TV, home phone and internet service and costs....are you ready for this??? About $170 PER MONTH!!! OUCH!
We could defnately do without the home phone. I have to look and see what channels are available- here in my house we are big on things like HGTV, Discovery Channel, Food Network etc.
We dont watch and "series" or weekly shows so to speak.
Hmmm... when I get a chance I have to really take the time and investigate this, and then of course try and convince hubby!
LOL
Thanks for all the info.....keep it coming!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  1:50:01 PM  Show Profile
Yep! That's where we are, Laurie - and that is BEFORE all the fees and taxes they add on, not to mention the two or three movies we actually rent on occasion. To be truthful, it feels like they are holding us hostage because they know that our options are slim to none. No one here has anything good to say about the Dish, so that is an option, but one I still really hesitate to try.. plus it's very expensive as well. We don't really use our home phone very much, either. The programming we watch primarily exists on maybe a handful of channels, too. So, basically, we're paying a whole lot of money out for a whole lot of nothing we use. Very wasteful, very frustrating. What's worse, as I think I've mentioned in other posts, to drop any one of our services - say, our phone, for example, we have been told our bill would actually INCREASE because of the way they package their services! Something's gotta give. I'm thinking that with the Roku, we could save at the very least $120 per month (and I'm positive we'd actually save a good bit more). That's a LOT of money each year! I could definitely find good use for that money! :) I'm still investigating, though... I'll keep you posted. Let me know what you come up with, too, okay? :)

Thank you so much for the insight, Heather. You are absolutely right about the weather on the radio AND the news. My hubby, though, really enjoys watching the news at the end of the day. I don't know, I'll have to discuss this with him. He also is a big one for reading the paper - although he tries to read the paper on his breaks at work, where the paper is readily available and free! ;) We don't really watch a lot of movies and programming, to be honest. When we flip through the program listings, there are very few things we would devote our brain time to, you know? And even with the programs we do watch, we are careful. We've noted a lot of inaccuracy in some of the more "trustworthy" programming, and, unfortunately, have even noticed that some promote their own agendas, so often use them to spark discussion and prompt deeper investigation. I guess whenever the media is concerned, the term "programming" can always be taken in a more literal sense, huh? LOL!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  2:27:56 PM  Show Profile
Very true Nini. Lately I have really enjoyed watching BBC comedies on netflix though. They are older. Also I like to listen to free old time radio shows and such as that.

I haven't watched "news" in forever, because it's so convoluted. It's either scare tactics (eggs will kill you! Tomorrow-if you don't eat eggs you'll die!!!! Watch at 6 o'clock! So I would eagerly wait for the news, to watch what horrible thing eggs would do to you today (the next day they were awesome for you! lol) and I would tivo it, and literally this segments would go by so fast, that I would sometimes miss them, and have to rewind to see if I could find it again. (we had tivo) and sometimes it would take me forever to find this segment that may be about 60 seconds long-if that! I did that about two or three times and figured out it was bullying scare tactics to get you to watch. If it wasn't a scare tactic then it would be some celebrity gossip which I couldn't care one hoot about!

I gave up news!

I find the paper to be better. Although they too spin it, but it's not near as bad as the tv news.

We do save a lot of money, but to keep every thing running smoothly (phone, roku etc) we do have to pay for the higher speed internet services which are a bit more then the cheaper lower speed ones. However, that's still nice cause we can also use the internet with out any lag and all that. So all in all, it's a trade off a little. but worth it to us. We like it, and I do still think even with paying for the higher speed internet we still come out on top of the money deal of it all.

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  2:33:02 PM  Show Profile
oh and I especially like NO taxes on our phones! I can't believe the taxes people are paying on phones now a days, utterly redonkulous, as they say! lol

Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  2:49:57 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies. I have my Roku directly plugged into the internet, instead of using the WIFI Roku. The guy at best buy said it would not cut out on me as much as the WIFI-ed Roku, I have high speed DSL thru the phone lines. I'll be moving out of the city at the end of the month and will be using a different form of internet. I hope it is as good!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  2:55:07 PM  Show Profile
Okay... So, we do have the high-speed internet and a very good connection. I am confused, though. Shanda - do you watch all your programming on your computer, or do you still get to watch it on the television???

My brother said if we have an excellent internet connection and high speed, we should be good to go... He's our go-to guy with this kind of thing, but he's never actually had a Roku, so that's the best he can offer.

I can't tell you how much we appreciate your help, girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  4:12:13 PM  Show Profile
I've had a Roku for a few years now and I absolutely LOVE mine. We had DISH as well and recently got it turned off. I like the money savings and we just got playon added to the ROKU, so far so good. I have the WiFi on mine, it works pretty well, doesn't cut out a whole lot unless we are having internet troubles anyway. We watch ALL of our programs on the Roku (tv) we don't watch anything online on the computer. I've got 2 Roku boxes (living room and my son's room) and we've not had any problem with using both boxes at the same time or anything.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com

Edited by - rksmith on Mar 18 2013 4:13:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  6:16:34 PM  Show Profile
We can't even do Roku because where we live we can only get limited internet via satellite. Since it is not unlimited, running videos off of it, would use all of our "bites" very quickly. So this means no netflix, hulu or anything. We had Direct TV up until a few months ago. We just couldn't justify the $60 a month bill anymore for only basic service. We do have a digital converter and have been pretty happy overall. We get the three major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS), public television, FOX and some other odd stations. One station we really love is called "ME TV" . . . we never had this with Direct TV. It is old shows like "I Love Lucy", "The Donna Reed Show", "Bewitched" and more. The converter was $29 at Walmart and so worth it. We have started buying seasons of shows we like on DVD's as well, such as "The Waltons", "Gilmore Girls", etc. Well, I am the only one that likes "Gilmore Girls" in my all men household! LOL! If we can ever get unlimited internet, I would try these other options in a heartbeat. Love living in the country, but that is one drawback!

Hugs & Blessings,

Brenda

Come visit my blog at http.//www.pastblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  8:13:34 PM  Show Profile
NINI!!!! This post is incredible!!! I had never heard of Roku. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. The replies are great, also. I'm going to print all of this, check out Roku, and take it from there. Great information! Hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  8:15:21 PM  Show Profile
Nini,
PS: I forgot to say, when I first saw this post, I thought Roku was some kind of new exercise equipment!!!!! LOL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1673 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1673 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  8:59:58 PM  Show Profile
As of Wed. we are dropping our cable. It costs way to much for just the cable. We will keep the phone and internet and save us $100.00 a month. We do have the digital boxes that cost about $60.00. But when everyone neededto get one we had a voucher for a free one or something llike that. But my son had to buy one for around $60.00. It works just fine and we have netflex to.
Laurie

"Smile and be yourself everyday"
Country girl at heart
Laurie

Aprons and More by Laurie is on my FB page. www.facebook.com Aprons and More by Laurie/2487022
www.etsy.com/people/Aprons And Home Decor
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  03:32:25 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, girls!

Thank you for continuing to post your thoughts and insights - please keep them coming!!! I am becoming more and more excited about this, myself!!!

Marly - you are such a hoot! Exercise equipment? PSHAW!!! LOL!! Not in my house! Any time we've had exercise equipment, it has become, as my husband put it, a "glorified coat rack!" LOL!

So... you all want to become even MORE excited? Last night I was telling my foster daughter about my plan. She was very excited, too. Then she remembered something that could save us money even more!!! She told me that while her brother was still alive, he accidentally fell upon a wonderful discovery: His new HDTV had in integrated digital receiver! He had accidentally hit a button and somehow the TV started doing a channel surf before he had even connected the cable. Within a minute or two, as he scrambled to read the instruction manual to try to figure out what he did "wrong," suddenly on came a local channel - clear, no static, perfect picture. What he had unwittingly discovered was that if you have an HDTV (or even a Smart TV) it might have an integrated digital receiver already installed - no extra purchase necessary!!! God bless my foster daughter - she is a fount of information! (My hubby likes to think she gets that from her foster father... LOL!) So I did a little investigating...

Thankfully, I know where we stashed our television's manual and remote control, but I knew not everyone might be in the same boat. (I'm hoping to check ours sometime today to see what I can find out!) So to help us all, I found this informative site that tells you how to figure out if your TV has a digital tuner: http://techtips.salon.com/tell-tv-digital-tuner-21731.html On this site, you'll also find links to see if your VCR can be used as a digital tuner, et. al.

Here is another informative link discussing the ATSC tuner/receiver or HDTV tuners: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATSC_tuner

Can you just imagine how many of us have this amazing technology available to us, and we never even realized it?! I am soooo excited!!! We could be SAVING money right away, girls!!! Yee hah!!!

So... One obstacle I may face is that I may be on some one-year contract/deal for my bundled services through our cable company. Sometime last year they offered to "save" me money on an even better package deal for less money than I was already paying. This included a top-notch wireless router... I think that I agreed to the deal with the stipulation that there was no contract or fees to back out, but I have to find my notes in my file first. If we aren't locked in to anything, we are going to try to wrap up all our investigating and reviewing by the end of next week and make the necessary phone calls. My husband is so excited about this, he wants me to just call today, but I am still leery of hidden costs, possible problems and... well... it just sounds too easy! Then again, that may be just what the cable company is counting on, you know? Who knows? We have discussed it with a couple of friends and it is just blowing their minds. I think everyone is waiting to let us be the guinea pig, here. I'm willing... I just want to be "sure." There's nothing stopping us from switching back, of course, but I'm sure there will be additional fees and costs to have the cable turned back on, too.

I just can't get over this... Just can't get over it. If this is all that it seems to be, this must be the best kept secret in the industry. If it works, a whooole lot of people in my world are going to be saving a whooole lotta money.

Please keep your posts coming - the more info we have, the better decision we can make, okay?

Thanks so much again!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Mar 19 2013 03:47:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  07:30:33 AM  Show Profile
oh it works! I know it's hard to believe, most our friends don't believe us either, especially about magic jack our phone! But, we've literally saved thousands between the phone and tv switch!

And yes, if you have a newer tv you don't need a converter, the converters are for tvs before they had digital/hd tvs. If you have a tv made after a certain year (I can't remember the year) then you don't need the converter. We just this year got newer tvs, before that we had OLD tvs from the 90's (early 90's at that) and those you needed converters for.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  08:15:26 AM  Show Profile
Heather! That's awesome! Awesome!!!

I think one of the articles said TVs from 2007 forward should not require digital converters. That is just so great! Nobody at the store told us about that one!!!

Thanks so much!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  10:20:11 AM  Show Profile
Girls - to those of you who currently use Roku, what level of high-speed internet do you currently have and/or recommend? I was looking through our internet provider's list of options and costs and I'm confused... I can spend as little as $29 a month all the way up to $100 a month - and the download and upload speeds vary through the six differen levels of service offered. Eghads - why does this have to be so complicated? Do you know if there is a recommended download/upload speed for Roku? I did a quick search on their site - I think I'm going to have to go back to see...

Thanks!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do You Have A Roku? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page