Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 Health insurance for the self employed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Health insurance for the self employed Next Topic  

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  06:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello,
Can anyone give me a direction for Health Insurance for the self employed. I presently have just pasted my probation period at my new job that I HATE, obtained group health insurance and cancelled my private insurance, my husband also had to cancel his group policy as he has downsized his business and no longer has a group. I am in my late 40's and his is in his early 50's and like most people our age have some health concerns but nothing huge. I am looking for another job but the cut in pay from the job before this horible one to this new one was huge and it seems that I will have to take another cut with a new job. I know I can subsidize my income with a home based business that I think can make me more money in the future but the insurance isssue is a big one.
Thank you for any help you can give.

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  07:17:21 AM  Show Profile
Betty Jo,
My state, Washington, has its own health insurance plan that is an option for those who don't have insurance through their employment, or they are self-empoyed. Perhaps Wisconsin has such a program, too? Here's the link for my state, to help you do some research:
http://www.basichealth.hca.wa.gov/

Humor is the prelude to faith and Laughter is the beginning of prayer. -- Reinhold Niebuhr

http://farmstyle.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  12:24:44 PM  Show Profile
Betty Jo,

Also check with the National Association of the Self-Employed.
(http:..www.nase.org)

Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  8:09:49 PM  Show Profile
I have insurance through the company Marcia posted a link to.
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  09:29:36 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Thanks for all the info.

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Health insurance for the self employed Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page